Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Twitter

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I''m not defending Twitter as I can see it''s downsides. But there are merits to it as well.[/quote]As can I GH3YC, the difference is that I personally would only repeat information if I was pretty certain it was from a highly credible source, potentially had other supporting evidence, and fit in with the type of deal we would likely make/agree to.Otherwise it''s little more than gossip mongering of the lowest calibre that serves little to no purpose in the process...Perhaps if some posters didn''t suggest that information on Twitter was verging on gospel from an "ITK" source and making rude comments about other posters in the process, then they wouldn''t receive such firmly worded responses in exchange...!

Can we put all the rubbish from twitter onto this thread instead of having a new one started every time some attention seeker starts an ITK thread?the best one has just come out...some guy with a picture of American Sports agent Joel Segal, but with a completely different name, who opened his account 21 hours ago, reckons we''ve had a bid accepted of over £13m for some average Brazilian who moved for about £2.5m 6 months ago.Sounds legit

I don''t see a problem with passing on something from twitter, provided the poster says it is from twitter and gives some background on the credibility or otherwise (which might involve some research before posting) of the tweeter. So "this is from the chief football writer of the Daily Telegraph" or "this is some imbecile who can''t spell and thinks Paul Lambert is still our manager".What  is annoying (I suspect I am not alone here) is people who post on these lines..."I am hearing that..."...as if they have some source inside the club who has told them something, when all they mean is they have seen some illiterate tweet from a non-source.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''m not sure how many times I have to reiterate.

I don''t expect you to believe it. I don''t believe it. I posted it because I thought some people might find it interesting.[/quote]And this is the issue. You, basically defending the fact that you posted something you heard in twitter, as you though "some people might find it interesting". For me, this is in no way interesting. You see, there has been many threads started in the last few weeks that start a little like this;I see we have just been linked with a move for Blah Blah. What do we all think about this?What has actually happened is we have not been linked with Blah Blah. Let me summarise what has actually happened.Jed, some 15 year-old in his box-bedroom in Sheffield is taking a break from masturbating. He''s bored, opens up his ''ITK'' Twitter account and ''wacks out'' (pun intended) a few tweets about rumours he''s just dreamed up, just to see how many times he could get these re-tweeted.In another room, on the other side of Sheffield, Jill has just tweeted "OMG, that''s tots amazeballs" back to Justin Bieber.Would you come on to The PinkUn message boad and start a thread that Jill had just posted to Justin Bieber? Of course you wouldn''t. However, this is just as relevant to NCFC and this message board as the tweet from Jed, and I do not want to discuss it.I like talking about transfers this time of year. Who doesn''t. It''s exciting. I like discussing players that have been linked form decent media outlets, papers etc. I appreciate that not all of them will turn out to be concrete transfers. However at least I know they are coming from a source a little more connected to the game than Jed. I don''t want to discuss transfer rumours from the brain of sticky-handed, spotty, bored teenagers.However, maybe I''m in the minority. Who knows?

or simply shifted to the transfers talk section

.......................and the OP given a weeks suspension

I won''t argue about this any more. However, I''ll say one more thing.

You say you aren''t interested in these threads. Yet these threads you speak of have 5 or 6 pages going. So clearly people are interested. If it doesn''t interest you then you don''t have to comment.

Lets draw a line now.

[quote user="Nicko"]I won''t argue about this any more. However, I''ll say one more thing. You say you aren''t interested in these threads. Yet these threads you speak of have 5 or 6 pages going. So clearly people are interested. If it doesn''t interest you then you don''t have to comment. Lets draw a line now.[/quote]

I think you will find this thread is 5 pages long because virtually every single poster is telling you what a plonk you are Nicko and the opening couple of sentences of your latest effort here" I won''t argue anymore.......However I will say one more thing " just confirms that mate.

I wasn''t on about this thread. I was on about the Ruddy thread and the Augusto thread.

I''m still waiting to hear what Jill thought was so "OMG, that''s tots amazeballs" that she had to tweet back to Justin Bieber.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I''m still waiting to hear what Jill thought was so "OMG, that''s tots amazeballs" that she had to tweet back to Justin Bieber.[/quote]Apparently Bieber had tweeted this:[url]http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aston-villa-chasing-norwich-keeper-ruddy-3963978?utm_source=main_feed[/url]Done deal - I''m ITK!