Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Wigan Match Thread!!

BBC''s HT summary;

"It''s been a poor game, largely devoid of incident. Neither side has had the upper hand for any length of time. Neither side deserves the lead."

Surprised at the flack Howson''s getting, he hasn''t been the most noticeable player on the pitch but he''s recycled possession well and allowed the team to keep the ball. His passing accuracy is 83%, the best of any midfielder excluding Hoolahan. I find it astonishing that people have spent most of the season complaining about the lack of the ability to control the ball and the only midfielder doing that at the moment is being criticised for not having enough impact! I wonder if Hughton would remove Johnson and play a Howson/Tettey midfield, now that would be very interesting.

Well in command against an awful Wigan team. BUT we never look like scoring. Real lack of quality in the final third of the pitch. Bennett lacking any confidence and fairly anonymous. Kamara shows some nice touches and pace but obviously lacks experience . Wes playing his usual balls in to tight positions and not as effective as he should be against this opposition. Howson/Johnson holding back.

Wigan are there for the taking - but don''t bet on it.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Do I close my eyes when Johnson gives the ball away?

Can''t say I''ve noticed him give it away more than twice... And Howson has only had the ball about 5 times.[/quote]
Bradley Johnson: 29 passes, 66% accuracy
Jonny Howson: 18 passes, 88% accuracy
Johnson''s passing has been poor today, once again it seems to be the long passes that are costing him, 4 attempted, none completed.

Pretty poor summary from BBC. Not a poor game at all. There have been incidents, just not big incidents. 0-0 is probably fair, we''ve had better play, them better chances.

Snods stats looks pretty good, 20 passes, 2 misplaced, 3 crosses, 4 completed dribbles. Not too bad. More from him, Kamara and Hoolahan. Would be nice to see Kamara stay on for longer today, bring Holt or even Becchio on alongside him/upfront and move him out wide (as he''s been outwide half the game anyway) in 15/20 mins...

howsons had a reasonable game, been solid.

time for holt on for kamara though.

kamara hasnt really shown why he should be starting ahead of holt

Snod is doing well on the left now, but Bennett hasn''t done too much on the right.

Wouldn''t be surprised at all to see us sign those two wingers RVW mentioned, as Bennett like Morison has just lost his form/confidence here unfortunately.

I disagree, I think pretty much both teams have been solid but unspectacular. I can''t help but think that on his favoured side Snoddy would be twice as dangerous

Benno v. poor

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Poor game but that''s down to the home side who need to win and are showing less intent than Norwich City to get a goal.[/quote]

id say its a poor game because both teams are a bit 5h1t at scoring goals tbh

Wigan''s shooting seems to suggest they''re playing rugby.

Pretty poor in general, but it feels like we''re the more likely to score. The final ball hasn''t been up to it though.

We have been so poor at playing it out wide. Fox on the bench? ;)

Howard Webb has been poor today IMO, so many yellow cards ignored...

We''ve been pretty comfortable so far but without actually posing a goal threat . We really have to take advantage or I fear Wigan sneaking one toward the end. This game is there for the taking.

Another great position to get a good delivery into the box... wasted. So frustrating

Sums up the game for me just there. Good play by Norwich to get Garrido in, but when it comes time to pull the ball back to Kamara, his touch deserts him and the chance is gone.

It would have been easier to score today I think...

Wigan''s defence is pretty inept. But our attack has been equally inept. I think if Hughton took a chance we''d score a goal, but he''s not the kind of manager who is going to take that chance when we''ve got a point in the bag...

Change the midfield. Howson and Johnson are running out of steam. As for Benno, well, he''s let us down a bit today it attack.Tettey and Whittaker on please.