Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Worthy Out

For all the morons who seem to like dropping this line at the first attempt....could you please tell me what your vision is for the club for the future??????

Who would you bring in as a replacement, I believe Sir Alex and Arsene are busy at the Moment. Although I hear Jose is interested!

The ''Worthy Out'' moaners can F Off for all i care. Its too easy to say Worthy Out but unless you can think of a GOOD reason and a contingency plan of how this club would instantly bounce back from such a ''sacking'' i suggest you all step away from the keyboard and go back to your armchairs!

To sack Worthy now  certainly would be the kiss of death to any chance we have of staying up ! ..........  All  I can say is that the coaches  are not doing the business  !!  ....   right from the start of the season I`ve been saying that  our strikers should  be  pulled in  EVERY day  to practice shooting INTO the goal  until they DO   the job they`re well paid to do ...........

Big A you either a binner or very foolish.  What good would it do to sack Worthy now?  There is still an excellent chance of him keeping us up.  No manager could come in and wave a magic wand and, OH, look, we''re fourth from bottom.  Football isn''t like that.  Be a proper football fan and back the team and manager instead of bitching

Once again I have to disagree, using bad language and telling fans what to do and where to go because you do not agree with them is nonsense.  Everyone wants the same goal and that is for Norwich to succeed, if they have opinions on Worthington they are entitled to them, it is not for us to decide the future of the club who would or would not take over but the board, we would not come into the equation of mapping the future of this club....we are supporters not board members.  Worthington did get us up and sacking him now is to late, he should have gone if he was going to go 3 months ago, now will achieve nothing in my opinion, yet I do think his lack of experience at this level has shown and if we are to take the club forward we may need to look at someone in the future who has the pedigree and knowledge to play and manger a team at the highest level. Worthington does not seem to have this, has not bought wisely, has not played good formations and clearly does not know how to organise a defence.  If this is not a managers job I do not know what is!   He always says we were unlucky or we have great spirit when is he going to say if we play like that again we will go down! When will he change things around, drop players who are not performing, bring in extra training etc....and what really worries me is that he could not see we needed a quality defender to help us through the later part of this season if we were to have any chance of staying up.....we have the worst defence in the league and he did not bring in a defender. Are you telling me he really thought our current defence was up to the job because if he did it once again shows at this level he is truly out of his depth.  I agree now to sack him would be pointless but the board need to look and plan our future and investments better if we get another chance in the premiership

OTBC

St.John

Nigel Worthington is the best manager this club has had since Walker. Sure, he makes tactical mistakes from time to time but don''t forget he''s still relatively new to the management scene. What he has done for this football club is astonishing, without him we could well be in a similar position to that of Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley and Nottingham Forest. Worthy MUST stay

The answer is not to sack Worthy - who would we get? However, he must learn not to be so stubborn with his decisions, because sometimes he "cuts off his nose to spite his face", as the saying goes. For example, persisting with players who are clearly off form (Holt early season, Fleming, Drury) is not a good idea, IMHO, because a rest can focus a player and bring a bit of freshness and desire back. Also, we need to re-vamp our coaching and scouting systems. Other teams with our finances seem to be able to find better signings. As for the coaching, it might be just about OK to see us through the Fizzy League, but we''ll come come straight back down again with the current team. We need some new ideas - would David Williams be a useful addition to the senior squad staff?    

[quote]Big A you either a binner or very foolish. What good would it do to sack Worthy now? There is still an excellent chance of him keeping us up. No manager could come in and wave a magic wand and, OH,...[/quote]

OK, Now read my post again and let me know when you want to apoligise!!!

Well said St John Cooper. I agree with every word you wrote. I also think that it is about time that the moderator cut out some of the language being used such as F off. What it''s saying is obvious and uncalled for.

Quote : right from the start of the season I`ve been saying that  our strikers should  be  pulled in  EVERY day  to practice shooting INTO the goal  until they DO   the job they`re well paid to do ........

Sheded its what I have thought all season too. Why can''t the likes of the managing/coaching staff see it that way? 

Bet they are not training today???  

There does seem to be a lot of nonsense on this board of late. Its easy managing a premiership team with no or little funds west brom for one have spent about three times what we have and look where they are.

I can''t believe everyone is slating worthy he is doing the best he can with what he has remember this is the first time he has been in the prem and i am sure he will learn from it if he is given a chance.

do you think that Wenger, fergy or moanio (whatever his name is!) would do any better yes i hear you say! but not with out spending vast amounts of money which we dont have lets just stop moaning and get behind the team whatever the outcome i have bought my season ticket for next year and i will be doing my 380 mile round trip every home game i am even brainwashing my 18 month old son for the cause

Just remember folks anyone can support Man Utd but it take a real fan to support Norwich

OTBCNMTD

[quote]Aah My deepest apologies Big A. I''m sorry[/quote]

Thanks DDI would also like to apoligise for my language, i was a bit heated when writing it last night.

[quote]Quote : right from the start of the season I`ve been saying that our strikers should be pulled in EVERY day to practice shooting INTO the goal until they DO the job they`re well paid to do ......[/quote]

Baffles me too Canary Chick !  its not rocket science after all ...........   after a sustained succession of  balls banged every which way but  goalbound   you would have thought  that the penny would have finally dropped   that our strikers  are just  contravening the trade description act ! .............    its GLARINGLY obvious  that  they havent  practised enough !!   ... look at how Holland were so easy and adept when they had the ball  in that friendly .....   Worthy !  get those blokes in  , and  make `em  practise their profession !!  ...................

With the current injurys how can you possibly blame it on worty?

I don''t know if worthy should go, but he shouldn''t be beyond critisism. Yes, we''ve had a terrible time of it with injuries, but Worthy has been very slow to react to things this season.

Firstly, he failed to bring in a striker in August, which should have been his main priority. As a result, we struggled to get goals. So many matches resulted in draws at the beginning of the season because of this. Great though Ashton may be, his signing in January was far too late for us.

Next, he insisted on playing the same failing lineup at every match, when people were clamouring for him to play some of the clearly better players who had joined in August (Safri, Helveg for example). In the end it was only injuries which forced him to play his best selection,. With this decent lineup, for a couple of games we in November/December we were looking good, even if we weren''t scoring much. Injuries of key players like Francis, Svensson etc soon put an end to that, and after that the team just didn''t recover.

It was very clear by the January transfer window that our defence was just not good enough. We all knew that after a striker (Ashton), we desperately needed a decent defender or two. Instead, we ended up with an aging midfielder. Yet again, Worthy apparently didn''t see what was staring us in the face. And as a result, our defence is by far the worst in the league. Worthy apparently finally noticed this after the Blackburn game, although from his comments, you''d think it was a one-off.

There are other things too. The fact that worthy hasn''t noticed that Hucks couldn''t hit a barn door, and insists on playing him up front anyway.

His reluctance to take a chance on younger "unproven" players like Jarvis and Shakell; preferring instead to play older "proven" players - who have proven time and time again that they are not good enough.

We have the worst defence in the premiership, we''re easily the worst team out of the bottom 4. Yes, we''ve been unlucky with injuries, yes the manager is learning, but I think it should be pretty clear that something is wrong.

When you have to build a team on very little money, that''s exactly when you need a decent manager (like Dowie or a Redknapp for example) to get the most out of what little you''ve got. Worthy just isn''t that manager, and it''s increasingly clear that he''s hopelessly out of his depth.

I agree with Bunny - Worthy has done well to get us to the prem and is struggling as he is learning like the rest of the club - however some of the mistakes have been costly, but even then not all of them are worthys.

The striker in the summer scenario was an issue but I understand we had our sights on a player but the finances were not right and worthy didnt think he was worth the extra - if thats the case then I back his judgement on that - but what about a plan B?

On the purchasing front not strengthening the defence mid season is the biggest off field blunder, compounded by an apparent reluctance to see where the real issues were.

On field an over reliance on effort at the cost of ability is also costing us dear - If I wanted to watch a long distances runners we should have signed Paula radcliffe - unfortunately some of our players are as far short of prem football ability as she is (fortunately our players do play until the end rather than quitting half way thru)

Its been a learning year - but nothing will have been gained if we have a gut reaction, sack the manager and have to rebuild over another 9 years...

OTBC

Someone at Blackburn on Saturday suggetsed Joe Royle when I asked him who he wanted instead! I question peoples memories. Worthy did a better job with us last year than Big Fat Joe has woth the Binners plus he was an awful prem manager!

There honesty isn''t anyone I would rather have incharge ATM the Nigel and if any of you Glory Supporters (because that is what you are) who want him out have a better solution lets hear what it is rather than "Worthy out"