Date of birth: 07.09.1987
Place of birth: Gallowgate, Glasgow  
Height: 1,82
Nationality:

Scottland

Position: Midfield - Right Wing
Foot: left
Market value: 5.300.000 £6.000.000 €

Market value of  discuss in the market analysis...
[/quote]You mean you had to Google to find out his strongest foot? Good Lord! [:S][/quote]Knob?

I think that you can sum him  up in two statements:

1) He is a right winger, and shas shown that he can get past a fullback and pull the accross accurately, at pace, with his right foot.

2) He is a confidence player who needs to play regularly.

There is a chance for him, depending how long Pilks is out - could be four weeks, six weeks, depending how bad the tear is. We shall not get the best out of him if Benno is parked on the left wing, and then replaced later in the game, perhaps to accommodate Wes and Becchio.

We have a right winger who is a left footer, and often prefers to come inside on his stronger foot. We now have a left winger who is much better using his pace and his right foot. Surely we''ve got them the wrong way round?

I like Benno''s attitude, and I admire the pace that he has, and his tackling ability. He also has a powerful shot with his right foot, and performed very well when he played behind the striker. I think that he needs to play and have confidence to express himself. I think that we need his pace - the rest of the side are mostly lacking in this.

First, Snoddy is not as onefooted as many seem to believe. Yes, he is much, much better with his left, be can also cross with his right, and he wriggles himself down the byline quite often more to the right than to the left, although admittedly, he cuts back very often to his left peg.

As for Benno, he is low of confidence. Need a few games in his best position. I, for one, believe his best position is not on the wing, but central, in the Hoolahan role,

Remember the away game at Swansea last season he was superb in that game, playing centrally in a 4-3-1-2 behind the strikers.

I would given Hoolahan a break, espescially in away games, where we are not supposed to boss proceedings anyway, and try Benno in the hole

The thought being tht in away games, we will lie deep, in the ture dull Hughton spirit, and hit on the break. As strane as it may sound, breaks often occur in the middle of the pitch. Look at Bale, he transports the ball half thebpitch often, in devastating counters, Benno has the pace to do that. Wes hasnt

Personally I fell if you are playing only one striker it is better to have wingers who can cut inside. Going to far wide will mean having to get a difficult cross into just one striker - it would take an excellent crosser of the ball to make this work. I imagine two centre backs would quite happily head away crosses from the edge of the pitch all day long.

By coming inside Snodgrass takes advantage of extra space in the centre of the pitch that exists due to Norwich playing one striker - by coming inside the oppositions right sided centre back has to come towards him to close him down, this then creates space for Hoolahan or Holt to move into. The same happens when Pilkington/Bennett come in from the right. By a winger going wide there is one option, a cross - coming inside allows Snodgrass to either shoot or try to find another player in the box.

Also Snodgrass showed the benefit perfectly against QPR, Traore a predominately left footed player was having to attempt to tackle Snodgrass with his weaker right foot. A left back, happier on his left foot, hates a player who will cut inside him.

Good points, Bethnal.

Since we play with two sitting midfielders, who, apparantly,dont ave a licence to cross the halfway line, we re always short of bodies in the box.

How often have you seen Johnson or Tettey arriving late in the box, ala Lampard/Michu?

So, thats why we play with wingers cutting in. No pointin maurauding down the line to cross when there is noone in the box. Even Holt drifts out wide to get the ball and get defenders off his back

I know I keep saying this but IMO Snodgrass has been our best player this season and has had most influence on our games. To move him out of the position to accomodate Elliott Bennett would be madness. I like young Bennett''s attitude but quality has been lacking when he''s had a chance on the left so moving Snoddy would be a big gamble. And just to nail this square peg round hole myth about Snodgrass''s right foot his 3 key moments yesterday were twice on the outside to put in perfect crosses to Wes with his right foot and one cut inside to shoot with his left and force the ''keeper into a great save.

I think the real issue about the inverted wingers question is down to our full-backs. When your wingers look to head centrally, there is often lots of space in the wider areas that can be exploited. I think one of the reasons we''ve been so effective down the right this season is that both our right full-backs are more than willing to push beyond the wide players and into the space they vacate. Garrido isn''t the most attacking full-back and is more renowned for his ability to cross accurately from deeper areas than run beyond his winger. I can really only remember it happening once this season, when against Man utd. Pilkington headed centrally, Garrido ran beyond him and delivered a beautiful cross that Pilkington nodded in. I think Garrido needs to push foward more as even a dummy-run could help his wide player out in attacking situations. I still think Garrido is our best left-back but Tierney would probably exploit the space in the wide areas better.

Think Nutty and Bethnal summed the reason Snoody plays on the left quite nicely.

As for Bennett i am still of the school of thought that thinks he has greater potential as a forward thinking full back

I think Bennett can cover this season but he needs to step up he was not a positive influence in going forward yesterday and struggled defensively.

What is the point in turning him into a right back when we hope to be in the prem and buy one with genuine top quality.

I think Benno needs to produce a lot more, his crossing is sporadic, never consistent and then one goal. We know what he did at Brighton, it was from a more central position.

But I personally think that next season he will be very much a squad player as we need another wide player and we need genuine quality now.

Long term, he is not going to be a starter, short term till the endo f the season he may do if we stick with this system.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I know I keep saying this but IMO Snodgrass has been our best player this season and has had most influence on our games. To move him out of the position to accomodate Elliott Bennett would be madness. I like young Bennett''s attitude but quality has been lacking when he''s had a chance on the left so moving Snoddy would be a big gamble. And just to nail this square peg round hole myth about Snodgrass''s right foot his 3 key moments yesterday were twice on the outside to put in perfect crosses to Wes with his right foot and one cut inside to shoot with his left and force the ''keeper into a great save.

[/quote]

You speak sense NN. Unfortunately I fear that many of the protagonists on this board would not see sense if it was hand delivered inside a lightly grilled kipper.

RP

Regarding Benno, he shows a lot of heart and potential and with his pace and crossing ability he''s a throwback to City wingers of old which is why most of us have a soft spot for him. He''s also one that needs to step up and prove himself a little more, although to be fair he''s never had an extended run in the side to do this before.

Regarding Snoddy, if you stick him on the left wing, you won''t get production from him. He doesn''t have the pace or acceleration to gain the half yard on the full back he needs to sling crosses in. He does need to stay on the right to stay involved.

Wahey, Moro is out the door. So we need a knew boo boy :D

No way will I ever slate Beano, workhorse and the best yet to come. Turn on Howson if you want though. ( that was meant as a joke before anyone cries )seriously, we have shipped out the dead wood. No one to point the finger at currently.Lets concentrate on staying up :)

I just love this"Wahey, Moro is out the door. So we need a knew boo boy :D"

No just opinion and mine is also very negative, as the best I have ever seen Bennett play is at makeshift rightback.

He''s another player with this mythical pace tag, along with Jackson and yet do we see this on the pitch, no not really, he''s cetainly no Huck''s.

Secondly after this can he cross a ball, once out of 30 attampts does he get a decent ball into the box.

Last do you really think Bennett can displace the POTS so far in Snodders? Not on your nelly.

Now we have Kamara I would not be suprised to see Bennett used less the rest of the season.

And before you go on about slating player, it''s not about slating them, but being realistic in their performances, I never boo them nor would I criticise during a game, but here after the game is that not what this message board is for?

I would love nothing more than for Bennett to be solid and push for a start, I would love for Holt to stop whinging the whole game at other players and find his enthusiasm for the game again and  would love for Jackson to have a Le Fondre like impact from the bench.....but sometimes it just ain''t going to happen.