Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

No to Hooper please!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

CH just denied that we have made a bid - although that does not mean that we wont or are not interested...

Just another 3 weeks before this finishes

[/quote]

Norwich City FC@NorwichCityFC

CH reaction to question on reported Hooper bid: ''No that''s not correct.''

Make of that what interest there is.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Scooby"]I can''t understand this fascination with Hooper. So he''s scored a few goals against Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St. Johnston, big deal. So would Morison and Jackson. It''s one of the poorest Leagues in Europe. £7 million!!! Be serious. He may be worth a gamble for about £3, max. Just think about who we could get in for £7,000,000 !!!![/quote]

So enlighten us all.  Who could we get for £7,000,000?

[/quote]
Mmmmm, lemme think.  Danny Graham, Shane Long for two and I''d rather take a punt on Becchio who I personally think is a class  act, although a little temperamental.
[/quote]

7 mill for becchio at 29 is alot of dough, Long has not really been prolific for WBA, Graham i would not mind but i think Hooper would be a good signing.[/quote]

I thought Becchio was quoted at £4 m? £2-3m worth a punt but not at £4 m.

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

CH just denied that we have made a bid - although that does not mean that we wont or are not interested...

Just another 3 weeks before this finishes

[/quote]

Norwich City FC@NorwichCityFC

CH reaction to question on reported Hooper bid: ''No that''s not correct.''

Make of that what interest there is.

[/quote]

A double negative.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2004–2006Grays Athletic69(20)
2006–2008Southend United32(2)
2007Leyton Orient (loan)4(2)
2008Hereford United (loan)19(11)
2008–2010Scunthorpe United80(43)
2010–Celtic80(53)

[/quote]

What happened at Southend - that needs an explanation - if we tried to use him how they used him then goals would dry up?

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2004–2006Grays Athletic69(20)
2006–2008Southend United32(2)
2007Leyton Orient (loan)4(2)
2008Hereford United (loan)19(11)
2008–2010Scunthorpe United80(43)
2010–Celtic80(53)

[/quote]

What happened at Southend - that needs an explanation - if we tried to use him how they used him then goals would dry up?

[/quote]The poor guy was only 18!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Scooby"]I can''t understand this fascination with Hooper. So he''s scored a few goals against Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St. Johnston, big deal. So would Morison and Jackson. It''s one of the poorest Leagues in Europe. £7 million!!! Be serious. He may be worth a gamble for about £3, max. Just think about who we could get in for £7,000,000 !!!![/quote]

[/quote]
Mmmmm, lemme think.  Danny Graham, Shane Long for two and I''d rather take a punt on Becchio who I personally think is a class  act, although a little temperamental.
[/quote]You''d never get Long for £7m, and saying you''d prefer Becchio instead of Hooper says it all![/quote]
Oh, and what exactly does it say?

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]
[/quote]You''d never get Long for £7m, and saying you''d prefer Becchio instead of Hooper says it all![/quote]
Oh, and what exactly does it say?
[/quote]That you haven''t got a clue.

Who can we get for 7 mill on the right wages

I see I was a bit late in asking as question already answered although apart from Graham I wouldnt want the other 2. I also think Graham may go for more than 7 mill or stay where he is.

Hooper looks good to me

Shane Long''s premiership goalscoring record is very similar to Morison''s - marginally better.I wonder if WBA forums are full of hate for Long saying how lazy he is?

A lot of the players we keep getting linked with have no pace, which is what we are missing in the central striking position at the moment. This is particularly important if you are playing one up front.

Is Becchio any different/better than Holt or Hooper to Jackson/Morison?

I don''t think so. Hopefully Hughton will surprise us with a strong pacy forward, a second Demba Ba, perhaps, and I can''t help thinking that he will therefore look overseas.

lmfao. Yeah let''s stick a big fat lump up front who can''t run and we should be fine. David Villa was pretty rubbish up front by himself when he started..and Sergio Aguero.. As long as he has support he''ll do great. As long as he has a bit of strength and intelligence he will fit the system perfectly well. Give it a chance

As I have said before Norwich do not have the technical ability to retain the ball for long periods like Barcelona or Man City to create the chances needed for a small quick striker and therefore need to have a focal point up top.We cannot play 2 up top as we get over run in midfield so therefore we are sort of stuck with the formation and style we have, just like most other PL sides.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]As I have said before Norwich do not have the technical ability to retain the ball for long periods like Barcelona or Man City to create the chances needed for a small quick striker and therefore need to have a focal point up top.We cannot play 2 up top as we get over run in midfield so therefore we are sort of stuck with the formation and style we have, just like most other PL sides.[/quote]Why have you got it in for Hooper?  As has been explained to you on numerous threads now you don''t need to be 6ft+ to play up front on your own.  If Hooper had been here from the start of the season I guarantee he would be our top scorer, too many times this season our wingers have got into positions to either lay the ball back, cross, or thread someone through and no one has been in the box.  The reason? Our 6ft+ ''target man'' has drifted out to the wing - this can be effective at times as the midfield can overload the box running in, but 60/70% of the time it means we have to start a move again completely.

There is something in getting over-run in midfield when 442 though - when we played that way earlier in the season we were woeful and uncompetetive.    It will be interesting to see how much difference tettey makes over howson but my feeling is until we get a better player thn johnson 442 may be just beyond us.

Going 2 up front will put pressure on wes... 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

There is something in getting over-run in midfield when 442 though - when we played that way earlier in the season we were woeful and uncompetetive.    It will be interesting to see how much difference tettey makes over howson but my feeling is until we get a better player thn johnson 442 may be just beyond us.

Going 2 up front will put pressure on wes... 

[/quote]Good point.  Although Johnson has done well he has limited use long term and will need to be replaced with better quality player such as a hybrid of Fox and Tettey if that was possible.