Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Hooper bid rejected.

Lennon spent most of this morning in discussions with the striker''s representatives.

But he admitted he didn''t know whether Hooper would still be at the club at the end of the January transfer window

He''s saying all the usual uncertain things really. Confident that he''ll stay in one statement and then doesn''t know in another and is waiting to hear back from his reps..

He will be going in january  where to and what price are the things that need to be resolved. At 24 this would be a wonderful opportunity and if he comes off it could be a great investment

[quote user="York Canary"]

[quote user="ricardo"]Fed up waiting for news. Now gorn for a couple of pints of amber nectar.Hopefully all signed and sealed when I return[/quote]

Fosters?

Good call

[/quote]No, with our Celtic connection it has to be Forsters.....( I''ll get me coat )

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Thought Ryan Bennett was our record transfer fee?? It was undisclosed but thought to be £3.75m. Anyone know?[/quote]

Bassong probably cost more than Ashton & R. Bennett. 

Funny, the Daily Mail have our rejected offer as £6m not £5m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2264554/Norwichs-bid-Gary-Hooper-rejected-Celtic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The problem is Swansea might up the anti now and demand more too knowing that we might be getting desperate.

Africa here we come?

Or CMS, I always did see him as a last resort, rather like Harry Kane (who?) was. Just hope he has more impact than the youngster

with it all out in the open now it might mean we will be back in fast with another bid and it might happen sooner rather than later if so. So NCFC might want to make it happen faster now before anyone else tries to muscle in.

We wouldn''t have got to the bid stage without the player being interested. I think this one is still very much alive. And why are Swansea silent about the Graham bid?

It hinges on Hooper imo. They''re trying to say ''he''s our player, he''s going nowhere blah blah blah'', but in all honesty he''ll be in the last 12mths of his contract in summer and he has refused to sign an extension so far. Can he talk to clubs in the last 12mths of his contract?? Someone said he could buy his contract out at that point or something? It''s not really a win-win situation for Celtic at the moment because he''ll keep rejecting contract talks and run that bad boy down and his worth will decrease in summer. No one will pay over the odds at that point and they''ll still be without a Champions League medal. Unless they think he''s worth keeping to try and progress to the next round and get more money?

Oh I dunno...

As for Graham..that hinges on Jones going to Swans from what I can tell