Sign in to follow this  
Just Dan

improved bid for Hooper

[quote user="I am a Banana"]YES, lets go and blow £7/8m for a player who we could get in the summer for £4/5m! January pushed everyones value up, and some players values got pushed up too much!...A la Gary Hooper.[/quote]

There are times when you are a very silly Banana,well actually most of the time so surely you must accept the fact we need a striker now not in six months time ?

How would Hooper of helped us today, we could sign Drogba, Van Persie or who ever . If we can''t create chances the best inthe world won''t score. We need to play either Johnson or Tetty not both then we might be able to create a chance for a striker.

Personally I can''t see what the love in with Johnson is all about he''s has goods games but not that many.

I''m not a fan of him but something must be done.

People keep going on about him scoring goals in the champions league.

The champions league is also a stupid league. 4 teams in a group. 1 team normally top class ie Barcelona man united etc.

the other 3 teams champions of Bulgaria? Switzerland? Slovakia? Greece? All the same standard as the Scottish premier league. Pants Sunday league class.

On the other hand he might be worth a gamble considering the state of our final third. Can''t be any worse than what we''ve got now

on one of the  rumour sites, I know but according to the site the New bid involves Morison going the other way, so if true we won''t get Hooper,or will we, could Moroson do a job up there  

[quote user="baldyboy"]We won''t get Hooper or Graham, why would they want to come here after that shambles today?
[/quote]

Because perhaps, unlike some of our knee-yerk ''supporters'', they won''t judge us on one poor performance?

If I was graham or hooper. I would look at it as ''god that team needs me'' scores a couple or more goals they would be overnight heroes.

Buts that''s just me

"We won''t get Hooper or Graham, why would they want to come here after that shambles today?"

I can see exactly why Hooper would want to come here. Playing in the premier league is going to improve the likelihood of an England call up. He might also view a move to norwich as a stepping stone to bigger clubs. He''s less of a gamble for other clubs if he performs well for us.

I think the champions league is a bit of an irrelevance. They''re not going to win it, and there''s every chance they''ll be knocked out in the next round. That being the case, I find it unlikely that he''d stay just for that.

There''s also the small matter of an increased wage. If the 20-25k a week that Celtic are rumoured to be offering is true, then I''m sure we could offer slightly more here.