Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Spurs show their hand for Hooper...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I would be very surprised he does not seem their type of player. I accept if they are in for him then it is cirtains for us, but it probably already is[/quote]

Which means they won''t be in for von Wofswinkel. Every cloud....

TalkSh1te "reported" that we''d done the follwing with regards to Hooper:

Made a 2nd bid of £7.5m - Busted by Lennon

Made a 2nd bid of Grant Holt + Cash - Busted by McNally

Made a 2nd bid of Steve Morison + Cash - Also busted by McNally.

Lets also not forget when they broke the news that Lambert had resigned and was on his way to Burnley. They literally have no clue about anything, never have never will. They are just speculating based on AVB being at Celtic Park the other night and the fact that Spurs on really have Defoe available with Adebayor away at the Cup of Nations.

[quote user="ricky knight"]We were never serious about Hooper anyway imo.[/quote]

Everyone has opinions, it''s just that your''s is hopelessly wrong. Do you really think that CH and the Board really waste their time by putting in ''joke'' offers to appease the fans?

Oh look, lets play the believe any rumour we hear game...

Seriously, what have Talksport even got right so far this window/ever?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]We were never serious about Hooper anyway imo.[/quote]

Do you really think that CH and the Board really waste their time by putting in ''joke'' offers to appease the fans?

[/quote]

Wiz does! [;)]

IF......and this is only my personal opinion......Chris Hughton desperately wanted either Graham or Hooper at NCFC.....At least one of them would be being paraded on the pitch today - just before kick-off as being our latest signing....Uplifting, and a breath of positivity for us to make Premiership football our target for next season.

Out of our price range, which is also probably an OTT cost for the ''panicky'' Jan transfer window, although a justifiable attempt to court them has been made, but has been unsuccessful......The cost is out of our budget, so therefore, we move on and look elsewhere....

Either way, I have just renewed my season ticket and will be supporting whilst sat in my personal padded pew in August, whatever league we''re in....and cheering whoever is in the squad.....

The club and football has got me by the nutz.....and as much as at times I would love to tear away and leave football (and my nutz).....I wouldn''t be able to survive without either.......and doesn''t the club know it....

Am not sure we are seriously interested in hooper, or graham as if I can''t see we would have signed both if they''d have both said yes. Don''t think hooper is great value for money when you consider the price Celtic want for him the standard of games they play now without the old firm games. In my opinion Celtic is made up of championship players with ledley, forster and the one from derby whose name escapes me.

At least graham has scored at this level but don''t think we''ll get him either.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Am not sure we are seriously interested in hooper, or graham as if I can''t see we would have signed both if they''d have both said yes. Don''t think hooper is great value for money when you consider the price Celtic want for him the standard of games they play now without the old firm games. In my opinion Celtic is made up of championship players with ledley, forster and the one from derby whose name escapes me.

At least graham has scored at this level but don''t think we''ll get him either.[/quote]I can''t see Norwich putting a bid in for a player they never intend to buy?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

Everyone has opinions, it''s just that your''s is hopelessly wrong. Do you really think that CH and the Board really waste their time by putting in ''joke'' offers to appease the fans?

[/quote]
A bit strong to say ricky is hopelessly wrong...
I don''t think it was anything like a ''joke'' or appeasement for the fans, they probably felt it was worth a shot, after all if you don''t try you don''t get. Not that they would admit it but the probably felt it was an outside chance, I''m okay with that though you don''t want all your eggs in one basket, it was a sensible target and it''s a good idea in this market to go for a wide spread IMO.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Either way, I have just renewed my season ticket and will be supporting whilst sat in my personal padded pew in August, whatever league we''re in....and cheering whoever is in the squad..... 

The club and football has got me by the nutz.....and as much as at times I would love to tear away and leave football (and my nutz).....I wouldn''t be able to survive without either.......and doesn''t the club know it....

[/quote]
Good post Mello, I know how you feel, consider yourself lucky to be a STH, wish I could be [:)] [Y]

Just seen this on twitter from sky bet

@SkyBet: Tottenham backed in to 5/6 favourites to sign Celtic striker Gary Hooper with Norwich drifting out to 4/1: http://t.co/w4uWRgk0 #THFC #NCFC