Sign in to follow this  
Baracouda

1 Transfer - which position?

If you only had one transfer for January who would you replace. I believe our side is very competitive, and for our current status as a club, there are no real ''weaklinks''.

If everyone is fit my first team is:

Ruddy,

Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido,

Johnson, Tettey,

Snoddy, Hoolahan, Pilks,

Holt

RW for me,

as much as I think Snoddy has some skills and ability.

I much prefer a right footed winger crossing from the byline. As I believe this allows the attackers to attack the ball whilst being awkward for defenders, who must prefer facing left footed crosses, where they see the ball all the way, and any contact is away from goal.

As it''s January wer''e talking about it''s just another striking option for me as we rely too much on Grant Holt. Whilst I think we are safe from the dreaded  nothing should be taken for granted and I believe that our striking options are limited.

Morison? There''s something wrong there and talk of Villa''s interest will not help things. Jacko? I don''t really know, but there''s something of the Championship about him.

If we were to face another Prem. side with those two up front then I would have little fear for our defense.

The Summer window is the time we can afford to be extravagent IMO.

Our biggest weakness is that we are seriously lacking anybody upfront with serious pace.We haven''t got anyone who can run at and past defenders without having to turn back to get the ball on their best foot, or anyone who can consistantly deliver a decent ball into the the box from the by line.

Yep have to agree with the last two. Someone up front to help out. Who is the harder question.

[quote user="Baracouda"]RW for me, as much as I think Snoddy has some skills and ability. I much prefer a right footed winger crossing from the byline. As I believe this allows the attackers to attack the ball whilst being awkward for defenders, who must prefer facing left footed crosses, where they see the ball all the way, and any contact is away from goal.[/quote]

Elliott Bennett. Problem solved [y]

From the last three games our strikers (Wes, Grant, Steve & Simeon) between them have total of 4 shots, only 1 on target (scored) and 3 key passes,  with all bar one of those bits of "action" coming in the wigan game.

With 4 off form strikers we need a quality alternative.

We definitely need to bring a striker in. I think elsewhere in the team we are pretty solid but we need more attacking options. We''ve plainly seen there''s no plan B or alternative to Holt, and that''s a big worry.

I would also like to see a striker who would bring new options. IMO, this should be someone who can play the target man role but with pace and the ability to score in a variety of ways. A big ask, I know, but it could be done by bringing in someone like Michu or Benteke, neither of whom cost the earth. This is a solid squad with good depth now and the right striker coming in now would make a world of difference for the future.

Has to be a striker and looking at James Nursey''s tweets today it seems the Europe market is what might be on the cards.