Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Manc fans after yesterdays game

There were several in The Nelson before and after the game but were fine.However i must say that years ago all Man City fans virtually without exception spoke with Manc accents but i did notice yesterday that they now have ''fans'' with all sorts of english accents........now why would that be i wonder ? [;)]

i said this after our 2 games against them last season, their fans are in danger of becoming the same as the very thing theyve always despised and prided themselves on being the opposite of.......Man Utd.

The sooner the whole thing at Man City explodes in their faces and they dissappear up their a*ses the better

smashing, cheers.

(manchester) city fan here, don''t make a habit of going on other fans forums but actually came on here to thank you all for a great weekend away.

i started going in the 80''s before i''m accused of being a JCL lol. with regards to the op - i was in the lloyds riverside thing before and after the game, and the friendliness and banter from both sets of fans was top notch.

as for the game, ref was drunk i reckon. your first goal came from a quality kompany tackle, that wasn''t even a foul in narnia. our second came from a kompany challenge that was a yellow card all day long. the bassong/nasri thing was hilarious, bassong can''t go sliding in like that and get away with it, but nasri should probably have got red for his "attempted, not really" headbutt.

i note that your keeper is getting some stick and it should have beeen 3-1 to you or summat. however, our "england, england''s number 1" had a bit of an off day too.... :)

me and my lad made a weekend of it in norwich as we love the place, and must have had 20+ conversations with NCFC fans. all of it it in the best of taste, and i just wanted to say that Norwich must be one of if not the friendliest cities in he UK. Not meaning to patronise in any way - i''ve visited many times and i mean it. i grew up in an era when NCFC were often a much bigger club than us, and I''ll never forget the Bayern Munich game.

as for dickheads/people not from manchester at the game, i noticed that a bit too. we didn''t sell out until the last minute so i guess there were a few "tourists" there yesterday, to be expected when tickets were £50 and there''s xmas, loads of games and arsenal away (£65) to think of....

if the money dries up? well hopefully we''ll go back to 32,000 in the third division...!

anyway, came in peace, thanks for your hospitality.

[quote user="Moonchester"]smashing, cheers.

(manchester) city fan here, don''t make a habit of going on other fans forums but actually came on here to thank you all for a great weekend away.

i started going in the 80''s before i''m accused of being a JCL lol. with regards to the op - i was in the lloyds riverside thing before and after the game, and the friendliness and banter from both sets of fans was top notch.

as for the game, ref was drunk i reckon. your first goal came from a quality kompany tackle, that wasn''t even a foul in narnia. our second came from a kompany challenge that was a yellow card all day long. the bassong/nasri thing was hilarious, bassong can''t go sliding in like that and get away with it, but nasri should probably have got red for his "attempted, not really" headbutt.

i note that your keeper is getting some stick and it should have beeen 3-1 to you or summat. however, our "england, england''s number 1" had a bit of an off day too.... :)

me and my lad made a weekend of it in norwich as we love the place, and must have had 20+ conversations with NCFC fans. all of it it in the best of taste, and i just wanted to say that Norwich must be one of if not the friendliest cities in he UK. Not meaning to patronise in any way - i''ve visited many times and i mean it. i grew up in an era when NCFC were often a much bigger club than us, and I''ll never forget the Bayern Munich game.

as for dickheads/people not from manchester at the game, i noticed that a bit too. we didn''t sell out until the last minute so i guess there were a few "tourists" there yesterday, to be expected when tickets were £50 and there''s xmas, loads of games and arsenal away (£65) to think of....

if the money dries up? well hopefully we''ll go back to 32,000 in the third division...!

anyway, came in peace, thanks for your hospitality.[/quote]i see man city and Norwich as similar clubs.. maybe not in terms of size of course but in temrs of success.. ours comes in fits and spurts every so often.. a cup win here, a promotion there... Man City have, for pretty much all of their existence barring a few seasons been in the shadow of the biggest club in the world.... they take the success as and when...I bet there isnt a single man city fan who doesnt wake up and thank god for what happened in May, I also suspect there are many man city fans who, in the back of their minds, realise they might not see that again for many years....not meant as snide.. i am sure Moonchester knows what i mean.glad you enjoyed the Fine City!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Moonchester"]smashing, cheers.

anyway, came in peace, thanks for your hospitality.[/quote]i see man city and Norwich as similar clubs.. maybe not in terms of size of course but in temrs of success.. ours comes in fits and spurts every so often.. a cup win here, a promotion there... Man City have, for pretty much all of their existence barring a few seasons been in the shadow of the biggest club in the world.... they take the success as and when...I bet there isnt a single man city fan who doesnt wake up and thank god for what happened in May, I also suspect there are many man city fans who, in the back of their minds, realise they might not see that again for many years....not meant as snide.. i am sure Moonchester knows what i mean.glad you enjoyed the Fine City![/quote]

no snideness taken, agree with every word!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]There were several in The Nelson before and after the game but were fine.However i must say that years ago all Man City fans virtually without exception spoke with Manc accents but i did notice yesterday that they now have ''fans'' with all sorts of english accents........now why would that be i wonder ? [;)][/quote]I have an Australian accent. Am I still welcome at Carra??

Thanks for the fantastic feedback and comments moonchester. I am glad that you enjoyed the game and had a good time in Norwich.

I am afraid that you won''t like this but the kompany challenge on Johnson which led to the second goal was two footed and dangerous. He should have walked for that. You should have beaten Norwich out of sight but made hard work of it. Therefore I cannot see you challenging for the title. I think you might even struggle to get second place behind a resurgent Chelsea.

Please don''t be offended by my comments but I am entitled to my opinion.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

Thanks for the fantastic feedback and comments moonchester. I am glad that you enjoyed the game and had a good time in Norwich.

I am afraid that you won''t like this but the kompany challenge on Johnson which led to the second goal was two footed and dangerous. He should have walked for that. You should have beaten Norwich out of sight but made hard work of it. Therefore I cannot see you challenging for the title. I think you might even struggle to get second place behind a resurgent Chelsea.

Please don''t be offended by my comments but I am entitled to my opinion.

[/quote]

offended? no, not at all. we''ve not been right all season, we had a great game of football yesterday, and i''m not looking forward to the tony pulis battering ram XI on tuesday. but if we end up 3rd, we''ll still get a days out in germany and spain, so all is not lost.

we used to hope for a pre-season friendly to dublin, so we''ll make hay etc....!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I have an Australian accent. Am I still welcome at Carra??[/quote]

Beat me to it... Y''all better not make an issue of my Texan twang, either... :)

I really wished that I had bumped into you as opposed to that idiot.

You appear to be a real gentleman and a very fair and honest football man.

Happy new year chap.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

I am afraid that you won''t like this but the kompany challenge on Johnson which led to the second goal was two footed and dangerous. He should have walked for that.[/quote]

It was possibly a foul (I personally would like to see challenges like that let go more often, so would say neither his nor Bassong''s were fouls) but it was never 2 footed. His left leg was bent right back and he tackled with his right foot only. The issue is that he went in to a 50:50 with studs showing.

As for challenging for the title, I feel Man. City have a great chance, if you compare them with other visitors to Carrow Road.They played far better than both Chelsea & Man U have here. 

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Isn''t this just an inevitable consquence of buying immediate success rather than organically earning it?[/quote]

i obviously still don''t know how to quote on this forum, but here goes...

i can honestly say that we had far more idiots following city when we were "organically" shite than we have now that we have "bought" success.

and for any of you old timers out there, i offer you the following quote:

"what ever it is that we bought, we didn''t put it up for sale".

that was the "big five" of the eighties - spurs, arsenal, trafford united, liverpool and everton.

you and us are upstarts, and long may it continue. or not. who cares!

I suspect the hard core Man City support that stuck with them in their darkest times would be a bit embarrassed by some of the "plastics" ( I dont like that word but it seems to be the vernacular on this board at least) that turned up at CR yesterday.  

Obviously Moonchester ''you are not, you''re not really here''....lol,  but good luck as having spend 4 years of my life in a very wet Manchester, I was always glad to enjoy a trip to Maine Road rather than to Trafford United. (In fact, I enjoyed trips to Bury and Oldham more than I did to that lot!!!)  Thought your boys were stupendous to start off with and looked like doing to us what they did last year, but we are a different proposition and not likely to cave in like we have done in the past.  Am sure we will be seeing you again next season and, if so, am sure many of us on here would be happy to share a pint and a tale or two with you.  Hope you beat the ''plastics'' to another title win!!  Happy New Year!

Hart''s performance was yet further confirmation IMO that it won''t be long until FF gets his chance in an England shirt !!! [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"]Hart''s performance was yet further confirmation IMO that it won''t be long until FF gets his chance in an England shirt !!! [:D][/quote]

As No. 2 to Ruddy of course!