Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Met police stop investigating Mark Clattenburg

I''m not sure they were making it up.

But it seems more and more likely that he was misheard, or they have just exaggerated the claims. if they were just completely made up then surely they would have withdrawn them by now because its fairly obvious that whatever the referee said was heard by his assistants and they are on his side...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not sure they were making it up.

But it seems more and more likely that he was misheard, or they have just exaggerated the claims. if they were just completely made up then surely they would have withdrawn them by now because its fairly obvious that whatever the referee said was heard by his assistants and they are on his side...[/quote]

Its more like schoolboy gang stuff.   "Did you hear what he said?" "No"   "He called you a ***** "   "The so and so"   "You should report him" "I''ll say I heard it too"  etc etc. It just gets built up and built up.    I''ve been in a situation where people truly believed something  about me (about attendance at work) and swore blind I hadn''t been where I should have been when the opposite was true and there was written evidence and even cctv evidence - but they wouldn''t back down and I am sure they believed what they were saying.  But in the end they were the were the ones that got into trouble.....................  

Very few people in football or on the terraces believe that Clattenburg said anything racist.

Chelsea''s players have proved themselves to be liars and cheats in their private lives at the very least and it''s only natural that it can be assumed they wouldn''t hesitate to do the same to gain an advantage elsewhere as well, regardless of the harm it could do to a mans career. They are, after all, only interested in their own feelings.

If the FA inquiry shows that Mr Clattenburg has no case to answer then they should throw the book at Chelsea. A 10 point deduction should be the minimum punishment for such outrageous allegations that will taint Mr Clattenburg for the rest of his career.

[quote user="Canary02 IV"]Very few people in football or on the terraces believe that Clattenburg said anything racist.[/quote]

I couldn''t believe the claim when it came out, and everything since suggests that it''s nothing more than a bunch of over inflated egos thinking they can ruin someone''s life because things didn''t go their way.

It''s utterly pathetic, but sadly I don''t imagine the chelsea players will be wiping tears from the eyes (with paper from their million pound cheque books).

It''s just another example of how far the mentality of modern day "professional" footballers is so removed from both reality and of the origins of the game... and why so many fans are getting more and more disillusioned with it all.

[quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"]If the FA inquiry shows that Mr Clattenburg has no case to answer then they should throw the book at Chelsea. A 10 point deduction should be the minimum punishment for such outrageous allegations that will taint Mr Clattenburg for the rest of his career.[/quote]I''m no lover of Chelsea but what were they supposed to do? A black player reports to them that he was racially abused by a referee and after checking what other players heard he insists that he wishes to make an official complaint. They can''t very well not back him up can they? Especially after they appeared to make such a cock up of the John Terry affair.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"]If the FA inquiry shows that Mr Clattenburg has no case to answer then they should throw the book at Chelsea. A 10 point deduction should be the minimum punishment for such outrageous allegations that will taint Mr Clattenburg for the rest of his career.[/quote]

I''m no lover of Chelsea but what were they supposed to do? A black player reports to them that he was racially abused by a referee and after checking what other players heard he insists that he wishes to make an official complaint. They can''t very well not back him up can they? Especially after they appeared to make such a cock up of the John Terry affair.
[/quote]

Sorry not defending or backing anyone But a Player with very very limited English, and claims a Geordie insulted him, How many of us English speaking fans understand what a Geordie is saying, I''ve worked with loads of Geordies over the years and never understood any of them,

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"]If the FA inquiry shows that Mr Clattenburg has no case to answer then they should throw the book at Chelsea. A 10 point deduction should be the minimum punishment for such outrageous allegations that will taint Mr Clattenburg for the rest of his career.[/quote]I''m no lover of Chelsea but what were they supposed to do? A black player reports to them that he was racially abused by a referee and after checking what other players heard he insists that he wishes to make an official complaint. They can''t very well not back him up can they? Especially after they appeared to make such a cock up of the John Terry affair.[/quote]

Sorry not defending or backing anyone But a Player with very very limited English, and claims a Geordie insulted him, How many of us English speaking fans understand what a Geordie is saying, I''ve worked with loads of Geordies over the years and never understood any of them,

[/quote]But again if Mikel insisted that he had been racially abused then what choice did Chelsea have other than to back him? I''m sure that they asked him whether he could have been mistaken but if he insisted that he heard the insult clearly then they had to stand by him.

Donald Peter Herbert, an interfering busybody who obviously wants to make a name for himself. Brian Reade from the Mirror regarding Herbert''s ultimatum put to Spurs regarding the "Yid Army" chant;

"Let me clarify that: A man with no known connection to football, who speaks for a society which exists solely of black members, is accusing a mass of multi-cultural people who embrace the word Yid to disempower rivals chanting anti-Semitic slurs, of being racist.

Thank-you Mr Herbert. Finally we’ve found someone who proves this current obsession with seeking out racism in every corner of the game, even in areas it doesn’t exist, is starting to become offensive in itself."

Chelsea could have handled this much more professionally. If they felt there had been an incidence they could have quietly investigated it in house first. Then if they felt there was substance to the allegation they could have reported it privately to the FA and requested an investigation by them.

Instead, if reports are to be believed, a senior Chelsea official plus the manager and player forced their way into the officials'' changing room and confronted Mr Clattenburg with the player having to be physically restrained from man-handling him. This is blatantly in contravention of the 30 minute cooling off rule preventing an approach to the officials directly after a game and in itself merits a substantial punishment.

Attacking match officials like this is an attack on the game itself and requires the most stringent of punishments. If it doesn''t happen I wouldn''t be surprised if the premiership referees took their own action such as refusing to officiate Chelsea matches forcing the FA to import referees for these games.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]Geordieist!! [:@]

There are too many people employed to find racism in our society.I''m not saying it doesn''t exist but I don''t beleive it''s a huge problem and if these people don''t find anything at all, they are suddenly out of work so it''s in their interests to find something ( or make it up) somewhere.Whilst Chelsea FC were on a witch hunt for a ref because of a few poor decisions, they forgot to look inside their own institution for the very same problem - players and fans alike!

John Terry was found not guilty in a criminal court, but was still found guilty by footballs governing body. Clattenburg is yet to be investigated by the FA and may yet face a more stringent punishment.

Peter Herbert is surely the man that has raised this with the police, it`s an interesting situation and I would be interested in the views of any police or criminal lawyers that may post. There is an offense of wasting police time, presumably this would be in the case of making a malicious or frivolous or unfounded complaint. What is the situation here I wonder?  

no surprised and pleased that the FA have concluded this farce; there does not seem to have been any direct evidence and the lawyers police complaint quickly dismissed

I thought it was chelsea who complained to the FA and it seems there are simply no grounds at all. Hopefully the FA will invest in recording the refs mikes in future to lay these to rest and use them for highlighting the abuse the players dish out each match.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM"]If the FA inquiry shows that Mr Clattenburg has no case to answer then they should throw the book at Chelsea. A 10 point deduction should be the minimum punishment for such outrageous allegations that will taint Mr Clattenburg for the rest of his career.[/quote]

I''m no lover of Chelsea but what were they supposed to do? A black player reports to them that he was racially abused by a referee and after checking what other players heard he insists that he wishes to make an official complaint. They can''t very well not back him up can they? Especially after they appeared to make such a cock up of the John Terry affair.
[/quote]

[/quote]

John Obi Mikel''s first language is English - if he belived that is what he heard it has to be reported, the club have to report it and the FA have to look into it.

Players should never feel as if they will be stigmatised or blamed for reporting a potential case of racism, especially from a match official.

In no way do I feel this was done as a vendetta agianst Clattenburg or some big conspiracy - just a mistake. Hopefully things can move on now and Clattenburg can get back to refereeing games. I imagine the FA will keep him clear of Chelsea for a while, and he''ll probably do a few Championship games before coming back to the Premier League.

Either he heard it or he didnt, if he was not sure then it should not have been reported. These were very serious complaints which could potentially ruin a mans reputation and career, the players have to show some level of responsibility here!

Just to be clear on this, Mikel heard nothing. The words "shut up you monkey" were heard by Ramires (claim). The F.A. confirm that the statement by Ramires was made "in good faith" (whatever that means) but couldn''t be collaborated. I haven''t seen a clear denial from the referee that he didn''t use these words. Perhaps there should have been one.