Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

So when we beat Arsenal and Man United...

MOTD and the rest of the british media made out that we almost "lucky" to get the victories...HOWEVER.... when the mighty Swansea beat Arsenal they make out like Swansea are the best thing since sliced bread!Annoying isnt the word....

I''ve given up caring what the media or ''''experts'''' think about us. We all know how well we have done, doesn''t matter if others can''t.  

Did they really make out that we were lucky? I just don''t see it. The only thing that matters is where we are in the league. There are no extra points for being praised by Lawro, TalkShite or MOTD.Every thread like this makes us look like a bunch of hillbillies with a chip on our shoulders. Stop embarrassing us and show a bit of class instead. Swansea were good today and they deserve some credit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/17/norwich-city-manchester-united-premier-league

"Indeed, Hodgson could not have failed to have been impressed by Norwich''s performance. There were heroes everywhere in yellow and green, from the superb John Ruddy in goal, to the solid pairing of Sébastien Bassong and Michael Turner in defence and the tireless Grant Holt in attack. Chris Hughton endured a shaky start to life at Carrow Road after taking over from Paul Lambert in the summer but his influence is being felt now. There is a resilience to this Norwich team that their rivals must envy."

"And just as they did against Arsenal a month ago, they proved too good for one of the best teams in the land. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2234380/Norwich-1-Manchester-United-0-match-report-Anthony-Pilkington-goal-sends-Red-Devils-packing.html#ixzz2Dqt3fJsG

Just two excerpts from the British media after the united win.....

Credit to Swansea. They deserve a huge amount of praise for the manner of their victory. They have pitched up to the Emirates, enjoyed 56% of the possession and deservedly won 2-0. That is mightily impressive even if Arsenal aren''t what they were.

Get over it !

The general public would rather hear good things about a small Welsh club doing well than Norwich. It''s spoon fed footy news for the masses. Don''t get your knickers in a twist because you want validation from Linekar & co because you won''t get it.

Also it isn''t exactly a travesty, we haven''t beaten a team by more than 1 goal all season. Swansea DID give Arsenal a better game than we did.

Not only are you wrong but you''re wrong! Lineker went out his way to introduce a discussion about how Norwich had played well and Hansen said we were magnificent against Manchester Utd.

What do you want Sainthood?

Going with the general consensus, who gives a toss. Swansea were fantastic and deserve all the praise they get.

You want a pat on the head, go back to Fergies pre match stuff before the Reading game yesterday.

Saying that away games can be hard, then started going on about City and how hard it is in this league.

I don''t remember anyone saying we were lucky. I remember the pundits, particularly after the Man Utd game, singing our praises.

In fact, the only mention of us being ''lucky'' in those games, is people on here assuming the outside world would deem us ''lucky'' to have won, much like the opening post.

I watched it on ESPN and they said United played poorly and that''s why we won it.

But I''m not complaining, as I said, it doesn''t bother me. We mostly got praised every where else.

Big credit to Swansea, it is going to be a tough game when we play them.

As much as we had a rivalry with Swansea last season,we have to face facts and that is that they have moved on a notch or two and are pound for pound a better side than us,they play better football,are more clinical and will finish some way ahead of us in the table as much as I hate to say it.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]I watched it on ESPN and they said United played poorly and that''s why we won it.

But I''m not complaining, as I said, it doesn''t bother me. We mostly got praised every where else.

Big credit to Swansea, it is going to be a tough game when we play them.[/quote]This.The media hates us. I know it shouldnt bother me but it does. Particularly when Swansea get credit and all we get is "Delias boys got the ingredients right" - or patronising words to that effect.

To be fair, the way in which we beat the Arse and the manner in which those Welsh interlopers achieved their three points was a world apart.Fair play to Swansea, they were pretty damn good.