Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Everyone's betting on us.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]

I know it doesn''t guarantee a win, but all the betting money is on us to win today. It''s the most confident i''ve felt all season. C''mon you yellows! 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/norwich-v-sunderland/winner

Blue shaded odds is odds shortening, pink shaded odds, lengthening.

[/quote]

That smells like disaster to me..........but then, I am a natural pessimist!

[quote user="Orford65"][quote user="Canarygeorge"]

I know it doesn''t guarantee a win, but all the betting money is on us to win today. It''s the most confident i''ve felt all season. C''mon you yellows! 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/norwich-v-sunderland/winner

Blue shaded odds is odds shortening, pink shaded odds, lengthening.

[/quote]

That smells like disaster to me..........but then, I am a natural pessimist![/quote]Sadly I have to agree. When all the money is on one its time to be a contrarian.

The fact people think we will win makes me more nervous.I know Sunderland form hasn''t been great, but anything can happen in football and I reckon it will be a tough game.

The more confidant I become, the more likely it seems we''ll fail to win.

No reason to think we''ll lose, other than its football, anything can happen. Sunderland haven''t been great lately, and MoN doesn''t seem his usual self. While we are on a fantastic run.

The worry I have, is that our run has to end at some point, and Sunderland could pick themselves up at any point. I was confidant against Man.U because they were doing well, but riding their luck a little and having watched a couple of their matches I felt they would lose sooner rather than later. Same with Arsenal to an extent.

Still, a game to be confidant about. Lets see if we can score a couple of goals.

Ginger, I agree that Sunderland have not looked very good lately and, like us, they are having problems scoring. However, let''s not forget that they don''t concede many either. There are only two teams in the Premiership that have conceded fewer goals than Sunderland, and only one team has fewer away defeats. The odds may be in our favour but Sunderland''s position in the table may be slightly misleading.

That''s true Purple and, calling up another interesting fact, Norwich have failed to win twice when the opposition was reduced to ten men.

We were 11/10 at home to win today when I stuck a speculative £5 on. That''s a crazy price against a team going backwards.Wish I''d had the bottle to go bigger!

11/10 to win?

Thats silly, why weren''t we odds on? Bookies don''t like us much either to be honest. We were 3/1 on Wednesday, can''t remember what the draw was, but 3/1 for a team who were very likely not to lose was very good odds, obviously we didn''t win but still...

Not as good as the 2/1 odds I got for Man.U to win yesterday :) Was worried when Reading went 3-2 up though...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Not as good as the 2/1 odds I got for Man.U to win yesterday :) Was worried when Reading went 3-2 up though...[/quote]

Mean 1/2 [;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No, I mean 2/1....[/quote]

Yep, Ginge is right, BoyleSports offered 2/1 to first time betters on their Online football site, hoping to drum up more Online customers.

Just have the one bet and don''t go back there anymore

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It was a Boylesports offer to new customers. Odds elsewhere were more like 1/2, 2/5 etc...[/quote]

I knew really, was all over twitter!