Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

£10m pound player!!

Do you think we will ever command a fee of £10m + for one of our players. I feel Ruddy,Pilkington,Tettey and Bassong could all realistically cost that in a couple of seasons if they kept up this form. Just wondered what others thought about it.

Our goalkeeper definitely! I think John Ruddy is one of the best keepers in the league. If you see the tw$t in goal for Soton or other inconsistent performers like Lindegaard and Szcezny...

Conversely, could anyone ever see us spending £10m on a player? I think with the new TV money coming in it''s going to raise the bar in terms of what your average player will cost so I think it inevitable.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]To be honest i''d be happy if we spent £4m on a player[/quote]Trawling through the accounts I think it''s pretty obvious that we already have. With add on ons Bassong will cost us closer to £5m while Snoddy will be not far off £4m.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Tettey could be the one...

[/quote]

Tettey reminds me a bit of Essien in his prime, and before his injuries, he was a £24million player.  I''m not saying Tettey is in that bracket, but if he keeps playing how he is, his value is only gonna increase, and its only a matter of time before the big boys take notice.  He''s been sensational in the games played so far.  He''s a real powerhouse, covers so much ground, can pass, tackle and has got a hammer of a shot on him.

Also agree with the comments on Ruddy.  I hope he can make a quicker than expected recovery, though keeper''s don''t very often go for double figure amounts...

Apart from those 2, I can''t really see too many players that would command much more than 5 million or so.

Given that these figures are pretty meaningless and are no more than random figures conjured up to over excite the simple minded.

[quote user="City1st"]

Given that these figures are pretty meaningless and are no more than random figures conjured up to over excite the simple minded.

[/quote]

It might help if you wrote in English.

OTBC

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Tettey could be the one...

[/quote]

Tettey reminds me a bit of Essien in his prime, and before his injuries, he was a £24million player.  I''m not saying Tettey is in that bracket, but if he keeps playing how he is, his value is only gonna increase, and its only a matter of time before the big boys take notice.  He''s been sensational in the games played so far.  He''s a real powerhouse, covers so much ground, can pass, tackle and has got a hammer of a shot on him.

Also agree with the comments on Ruddy.  I hope he can make a quicker than expected recovery, though keeper''s don''t very often go for double figure amounts...

Apart from those 2, I can''t really see too many players that would command much more than 5 million or so.

[/quote]

His interception rate has also impressed me. One of those players like a Bobby Moore who attracts the ball like a magnet.

If he can sustain this form a ''big'' club will soon be after him  sooner rather than later. He''s 26 and should be in his prime.

OTBC

Why would people want to spend more on a player?

Can''t we just buy good players? Isn''t that why actually counts?

Forget about the price tags a wise woman once said.

I don''t think we are close to a 10m signing, as our projected transfer kitty for next season (w/ no cup runs and a 15th place finish) is 14.25m (I think.)

but I also don''t think we need a 10m signing, just look at tettey.

but to the OP, I think Ruddy is certainly close to the 10m mark, and if some of our players can consistently perform, they will be at it too.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Do you think we will ever command a fee of £10m + for one of our players. I feel Ruddy,Pilkington,Tettey and Bassong could all realistically cost that in a couple of seasons if they kept up this form. Just wondered what others thought about it.[/quote]

Peronally, I hope if we have players that are worth £10m, we are able to keep them - thus demonstrating that the club is in a bouyant situation with finances and that the footballers themselves won''t want to leave because Norwich are doing so well.