Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Surman

We saw him in the spice lounge a few months back

Regular visitor maybe? I''m sure the sports scientists might have something to say about that lol

Surmans out of the team coz he loves a curry lmao

Must be his regular haunt, he did the whole, "oh shit ive been spotted, ill  look at my feet and pretend its not me" routine.Figured Id give him a peacefull night and let him enjoy his popadoms !

Surman is a very technically gifted footballer. However his does present something of a dilemma. He isn''t an orthodox winger or central midfielder. His best position is part of a midfield 3. Which is why the diamond suited him so well. Unfortunately I can''t see that kind of formation being employed a great deal under Chris Hughton so he may find his chances limited.

He''s injured- knee injury.

Should be asleep, but having one of my restless nights.

To underline my energy and boredom, I have found proof:

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4666/south-africa/2012/12/03/3574216/southsouta-africans-abroad-patosi-and-ngcongca-in-titanic-battle-?source=breakingnews

I use Chrome, so the important bit is this:

"There was still no sign of Andrew Surman though as he continues to battle with a knee injury which saw him miss Norwich City’s 2-1 win over battling Sunderland on Sunday."

Fox on the other hand will not get into many of the top 6 championship teams, so he will be here this season through till the summer, but then who knows. Could we cash in.

Are you on planet earth? have you actualy watched fox play? whatever you do this week take a trip to spec savers!!!![8-|]

Definitely agree that C.Martin, Lapps and Ward should/would go first. Plus there''s the question marks over Ayala and Vaughan.. Reckon even Leon may go before Surs. Though I would expect both to stay for the remainder of this season at least.

If Wes is injured, or suspended, then I think that Surman is the only one who comes close to him in creativity - accurate close range touches and passes. He has created so many chances for other players.ed

Add to this, he is better at Wes in scoring - was it 6 or 8 last season?, covers a lot more ground, is good at dead ball situations, and can play on the wing if necessary.

He may be, like Fox, a slight figure, but he has shown his defensive qualities on many occasions, even clearing from the goal line.

I can''t see him getting into the team with the present formation, as with Fox, but given one or two injuries in the midfield, he would surely come into contention and would make a valuable contribution. My only fear for both of them is how they get match practice in the meantime.

He''s still a class player. Formation we''re playing at the moment just doesn''t suit him / midfield playing to well to get dropped.

He''ll get his chance again, as will Fox - they''ve both just signed long term deals.

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Yellow Messiah"]Surman is a waste of space in the premier league, he is far too light weight and does not put in enough effort to deserve a place in the squad.[/quote]

You can say what you like about Surs but this is not correct. I''m pretty certain that in the majority games he features for us he covers the most ground out of the whole team (if not, in the top 3), judging from the stats I''ve seen in the past.
[/quote]

And he was Ace in the Spurs match. should we get Sick note back from Huddersfield to replace him in midfield or C MARTIN, not doing very well at Swindon either