Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Dynamics Of Next Three Games

Swansea Away Sat pm

Villa Home Tues eve

Wigan Home Sat pm

Swansea is gonna be a tough game, maybe set up like against Reading to stifle Swansea and hope to nick one on the counter.

Villa game is one everyone wants to win for numeroweus reasons, will we have squad rotation though, because having had tough game gainst the Swans and game gainst Wigan coming up which we would do well to take 3 points from?

How do you think Lambert will play the q/f tho''. I''m sure if Vile were in our league position he would have rested a few. But with a need for "success" he might well play a strong side, if he senses his position is under threat. Much might depend on a pre-match conversation between Lambert and Lerner.

Wigan = must win = full strength team

Swansea = park the bus with a few changes take a point

Villa= Would love to win = full strength team

I think you can guarantee that Morison, Jackson, Howson, Martin and possibly Rudd, Tierney and Barnett will get a run out against Viler.

Swansea has to be a no change team, surely??  League is the most important thing this season.

Rest a few for the Villa match - give some of the others a chance - Holt and co can come on from subs bench if needed - like the Spurs match.

Then full strength for Wigan. 

Has to be.

I agree with resting some at Swansea and would like to see Moro up front for Holt, Howson in for Wes, Surman in for Tettey, Benno in for Pilks and Russ in for Whittaker.

We need to get game time in to some of our squad, we have here some pace which we will need to counter.

The recent run has given us the opportunity to go for it against Villa, which didn''t look likely when we beat Spurs.

I fear a loss at Swansea, but would love to be surprised again with points. Got to play full strength and expect no less. Villa I''d be tempted to play Rudd, Russ, Barnett, R.Bennett, Tierney, Benno, Fox, Howson, Surs, Morison and Jackson. Still a very good team and rests all the first XI bar Ryan. Plus it gets the fitness up, which we''re going to need coming into the xmas period! I''d expect CH would play more first teamers though as he''ll want to keep it settled and carry over the confidence from our recent run. I''m sure he''ll want to rest Bunn, Bass, Wes and Holty though. Wigan has to be all out full strength too, but that''s obvious really

Unchanged for Swans then decide about the Villa game depending on knocks and fitness. I hope he will play the strongest available team against Villa and really go for it, a repeat of the first half hour against Sunderland would blow Villa away, I expect them to play a weakened team in the true Lambert tradition, which presents a real oppertunity for us to get a memorable win.

We could have a ghost striker at Swansea, loads of defender''s and midfielders, just kill the game and nick a point, keeping our unbeaten run going.

Save the skills for blitzing Villa and Wigan

Most would expect us to lose at swansea despite our good run anything from that game is a massive bonus. The Villa game is a nice distraction and anything could happen, neither Norwich or Villa are likely to win the competition though. Wigan is the big big game for me. I cannot remember us beating them and they have the quality to beat the best despite their low position. A win would be nice but it is a fixture we dont want to lose

For Swansea I would bet the mortgage that we''ll start with the same basic team/approach as against Everton (obviously with Bunn in goal).  Which was conservative but certainly not looking to park the bus - even in the first half against Everton we created a decent number of chances.

Against Villa I''m sure there will be a fair number of changes, with e.g. Holt on the bench again. 

Then Wigan I''m sure we''ll be back to our first choice line-up unless any changes are forced on us.

It''s worth remembering in the Champ we used to play a mid-week game more often than not, with a much smaller squad.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I agree with resting some at Swansea and would like to see Moro up front for Holt, Howson in for Wes, Surman in for Tettey, Benno in for Pilks and Russ in for Whittaker.

We need to get game time in to some of our squad, we have here some pace which we will need to counter.

The recent run has given us the opportunity to go for it against Villa, which didn''t look likely when we beat Spurs.[/quote]

Have you lost it? Surman in for tettey is one i have the biggest problem with.

If that happens we can expect to lose heavily at Swansea. Screw the cup, play a slightly weakened side, its their cup final not ours.

Anyway my opinion is we play our best side at Swansea and play like we did at Reading. We will do well to come away with a point I think. When Villa come, play a weakened side. For example, fox for tettey, howson for hoolahan. Morison for holt. Barnett for bassong and so on. Then full strength side against Wigan and go all out for the win. Don''t think Wigan are up to much away.

I cant believe people are suggesting we rest people at Swansea. We need points. We aren''t Man United how have the strength in depth to grind out results. If we play a weakened side (for no reason other than to rest some players) then we will lose. Fact.

[quote user="Nick"]

Anyway my opinion is we play our best side at Swansea and play like we did at Reading. We will do well to come away with a point I think. When Villa come, play a weakened side. For example, fox for tettey, howson for hoolahan. Morison for holt. Barnett for bassong and so on. Then full strength side against Wigan and go all out for the win. Don''t think Wigan are up to much away.

I cant believe people are suggesting we rest people at Swansea. We need points. We aren''t Man United how have the strength in depth to grind out results. If we play a weakened side (for no reason other than to rest some players) then we will lose. Fact.

[/quote]

I mean who have the strength in depth

Priorities Nick, poll fans as to whether they would like a point away at Swansea with a weakened team or a loss to Lambert''s Villa at home in quarterfinals?

There''s the conundrum.

I just think its mad that some fans are so so so bitter towards lambert, they would risk our survival in the Premier league just to get one over him.