Sign in to follow this  
The acolyte

Hughton HAS TO GO NOW

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I imagine Hughton''s no different to the rest of us old boys; as we get older, we all find we have to GO NOW.  I''ve taken to carrying a funnel and an empty bottle of Tizer.

[/quote]

Where do you carry the Tizer bottle, Bor?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I imagine Hughton''s no different to the rest of us old boys; as we get older, we all find we have to GO NOW.  I''ve taken to carrying a funnel and an empty bottle of Tizer.[/quote]

Where do you carry the Tizer bottle, Bor?

OTBC

[/quote]The bottom left hand pocket of my overcoat.  It protrudes a little, but nobody looks at an old man so I''m quite safe.  I could probably walk around naked if I didn''t live near a nursery school.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Timmah"] As a NEW POSTER, my opinions are pretty well represented. However, in the interest of maintaining amicable relations I shall furnish you with my opinion again. I think NCFC will stay up, I think talk of sacking Hughton is short sighted in the extreme and only really demonstrates that we, as fans, have been so spoiled in recent times that expectations are now at such a level that you have to question whether they are realistic. So there you go. Anyway, we were talking of fools, and looking at some of the people you align yourself with reminds me of a statement from a wise old man: "Who is the more foolish? A fool or the fool who follows him?" Something like that anyway.[/quote]

Indeed but I don''t align myself with anybody.

Now, how about giving us some more details.  I agree with you that talk of sacking Hughton is a little premature, although this is not me aligning myself with you in any way.

Can you tell us at what stage this season, or next season you will start to be concerned and think that Hughton was a poor choice of manager if there is no turn around in the type of results we are getting? x x

[/quote]

I''m still hoping I won''t have to. There are too many "if''s" to make such a prediction. If I flipped it and asked you at what point will you consider Hughton a shrewd appointment, I''m sure you wouldn''t be able to give a definitive answer. Is it staying up this year? Staying up next year? European qualification? Winning the league? Getting relegated but getting us up at the first attempt?

I still think Hughton was a decent choice, I hope he proves me right. There seem to be a lot on here who have abandoned him as beyond hope already, at least give the guy a chance.

[quote user="Timmah"]

I''m still hoping I won''t have to. There are too many "if''s" to make such a prediction. If I flipped it and asked you at what point will you consider Hughton a shrewd appointment, I''m sure you wouldn''t be able to give a definitive answer. Is it staying up this year? Staying up next year? European qualification? Winning the league? Getting relegated but getting us up at the first attempt?

I still think Hughton was a decent choice, I hope he proves me right. There seem to be a lot on here who have abandoned him as beyond hope already, at least give the guy a chance.

[/quote]Staying up this year and improving upon that the following year.  If we look well off that pace - ie: less than 10 points by December or less than 15 by Christmas then Hughton''s position should come under serious threat then.  Perhaps if Hughton manages to keep us up but there is no major improvement in the football then the end of this season would still be the time to look for a new manager.I certainly would not be giving a manager who has taken us from 12th in the Premier League to relegation much of an opportunity to get us back.  If we are relegated and the club choose to keep Hughton on then his team will need to hit the ground running next season.Now no more questions until you tell me when you would give him the push.You seem to suggest that you would give Hughton a fair amount of time to prove if he can win promotion or not, if we were relegated though?

There is a danger with setting targets of this by then or that by Xmas. I think it''s fair to assume that he was set a target for the season, so he should be given the opportunity to achieve that at least. I''d also give him a January to work with, changing managers before then and the new guy will be making snap judgments on players we have and may not have the time to identify effective targets or (ahem) tap them up.

IF we go down, and we have a poor start back in the champs, then I think will probably be the time. Even then, it''s only worth getting rid if we can bring in someone better. Thinking that any change is a change for the good is a dangerous thought and one we have fallen foul of all too recently.

Like I said though, I''d give him a decent crack, I''d keep him for this season as a bare minimum.

[quote user="Timmah"]There is a danger with setting targets of this by then or that by Xmas. I think it''s fair to assume that he was set a target for the season, so he should be given the opportunity to achieve that at least. I''d also give him a January to work with, changing managers before then and the new guy will be making snap judgments on players we have and may not have the time to identify effective targets or (ahem) tap them up.

IF we go down, and we have a poor start back in the champs, then I think will probably be the time. Even then, it''s only worth getting rid if we can bring in someone better. Thinking that any change is a change for the good is a dangerous thought and one we have fallen foul of all too recently.

Like I said though, I''d give him a decent crack, I''d keep him for this season as a bare minimum.[/quote]Fair enough and nothing I can disagree with in that [Y]

[quote user="Timmah"]There is a danger with setting targets of this by then or that by Xmas. I think it''s fair to assume that he was set a target for the season, so he should be given the opportunity to achieve that at least. I''d also give him a January to work with, changing managers before then and the new guy will be making snap judgments on players we have and may not have the time to identify effective targets or (ahem) tap them up. IF we go down, and we have a poor start back in the champs, then I think will probably be the time. Even then, it''s only worth getting rid if we can bring in someone better. Thinking that any change is a change for the good is a dangerous thought and one we have fallen foul of all too recently. Like I said though, I''d give him a decent crack, I''d keep him for this season as a bare minimum.[/quote]

Really............when?

Yes and no.

Obviously replacing him with Gunn was stupid. I''m not 100% convinced we would have been relegated with Roeder. But he wasn''t a good manager, got rid of Hucks signed anyone and everyone on loan. If we had kept him on and stayed up, it''d have been the same story next season. But Gunn wasn''t the right man for the job, can''t quite see why any club would sack someone who at least had proven before he can keep a poor/average side up and replace him with someone who has never managed a team.

Right to get rid of Roeder, not right to get rid and replace with Gunn. Not the right time either, mid/late Jan is a rubbish time to sack a manager.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Roeder/Gunn?[/quote]

So it was not right to dump Roeder?

[/quote]

You demonstrate my point so beautifully.

We had a series, from the minute they ousted Worthington to the moment we appointed Lambert.

The "anyone must be better than" attitude is a recipe for disaster.

[quote user="Ting tong the plastics nemesis"]

I find it fascinating that any one who voices an opinion that Hughton is not the man for the job is automatically a troll. Even more surprising is the amount of plastics who are not supporting their local team and these seem to have the loudest voices in support of him!!!!

I find it very frustrating that fans who hardly ever attend carrow road seem to feel they have the right to slaughter those that make the effort to go to games and actually see what is happening on the pitch or feel the concern amongst supporters in the ground.

[/quote]

Deary me, please DO give over.

don''t make the effort? doing my best to get a ticket ASAP when I know I will be back in the UK during a game, is effort. trying to get a replica shirt in the US, is Effort. dealing with xenophobes (of people from outside of Norfolk, the ones to be feared, am I right?) is effort.

you make so many generalizations without knowing the people you are generalizing, and that, sir, is a very common sign on a frightened, uneducated human being (will not call you man, nor woman, as I will not GENERALIZE all posters as one sex or the other.)

I suspect Hughton will be given up to 10 games in the championship next season. If we''re not in or around the play off positions by then I think the board will take action.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect Hughton will be given up to 10 games in the championship next season. If we''re not in or around the play off positions by then I think the board will take action.[/quote]

So you meekly accept our relegation?

Well, screw that..........I want him out now!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect Hughton will be given up to 10 games in the championship next season. If we''re not in or around the play off positions by then I think the board will take action.[/quote]

So you meekly accept our relegation?

Well, screw that..........I want him out now!

[/quote]

i agree 100%

Getting rid of roeder was exactly the right thing to do,  however it happened too late and even then the CEO had no contingency plans for a replacement and ended up with a mind blowingly bad appointment. 

People questioning McNallys effectiveness need only look here as an example of poor planning and dithering from the previous board to realise what has changed -  If CH needs removing I am confident of a timely decision and a quick and suitable appointment of a replacement. 

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I don''t think there''s any chance of Hughton losing his job this season.[/quote]

Hmm?

If he''s as bad as some of us feel HC, his position could become untenable sooner rather than later.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I don''t think there''s any chance of Hughton losing his job this season.[/quote]

Hmm?

If he''s as bad as some of us feel HC, his position could become untenable sooner rather than later.

[/quote]You havent even given him a proper chance you absolute idiot.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Wiz"]

Hmm?

[/quote]

You havent even given him a proper chance you absolute idiot.
[/quote]

Sigh.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Wiz"]

Hmm?

[/quote]You havent even given him a proper chance you absolute idiot.[/quote]

Sigh.

[/quote]You insult people so why cant I insult you? Anyway... we''ve played Newcastle, Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal to come.You realise that PL your messiah lost these games last year? Oh and he also lost v Fulham.Give until Hoot plays v teams around us on a more regular basis (and not in the 2nd game of his reign for QPR) and then judge.He needs 15 games at the very least.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Getting rid of roeder was exactly the right thing to do,  however it happened too late and even then the CEO had no contingency plans for a replacement and ended up with a mind blowingly bad appointment. 

People questioning McNallys effectiveness need only look here as an example of poor planning and dithering from the previous board to realise what has changed -  If CH needs removing I am confident of a timely decision and a quick and suitable appointment of a replacement. 

[/quote]But many NCFC fans told us that Gunn was going to be a GREAT manager at the time.  I was nearly set upon when I claimed that he would go down as the worst manager in NCFC''s history at a fans forum.Therefore I believe the majority on what they say now, Hughton is a great manager, he was the best candidate for the job and he will be a MASSIVE SUCCESS.  There''s only one Chris Hughton (thank the lord).

But wiz your very much in the minority. On here doesn''t count as its clear those calling for hughtons head are a little bit crazed as we have have some tough games. We lost our last game against the current European champions and people on here were complaining! Madness!!!

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]He needs 15 games at the very least.[/quote]So we will expect your judgement after we have played Sunderland at the start of December then?Fair enough, I will look forwards to it.After that game or during the week after the Southampton game is when I would give him to also.  I think we need at least 10 points by that stage.  We therefore need at least some points, preferably at least 3 points from the next 3 games though.  If something is done before early December or by early December at the latest then I think it would still give us a fighting chance under a new manager.  The games we have in December prior to Christmas are all very winnable - Sunderland (h), Swansea (a), Wigan (h), West Brom (a)If we leave a change of manager much later than that then I think it would be best to keep Hughton and start planning for the following season, because with some difficult games after Christmas we could be all but relegated by the time the transfer window closes.Yes it would be harsh to lose Hughton so quickly, but he needs to start winning games pretty quickly if he is to keep his job I should imagine.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

But many NCFC fans told us that Gunn was going to be a GREAT manager at the time.  I was nearly set upon when I claimed that he would go down as the worst manager in NCFC''s history at a fans forum.

Therefore I believe the majority on what they say now, Hughton is a great manager, he was the best candidate for the job and he will be a MASSIVE SUCCESS.  There''s only one Chris Hughton (thank the lord).

[/quote]

I don''t remember any fan being overly thrilled at Gunns appointment!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]He needs 15 games at the very least.[/quote]So we will expect your judgement after we have played Sunderland at the start of December then?Fair enough, I will look forwards to it.After that game or during the week after the Southampton game is when I would give him to also.  I think we need at least 10 points by that stage.  We therefore need at least some points, preferably at least 3 points from the next 3 games though.  If something is done before early December or by early December at the latest then I think it would still give us a fighting chance under a new manager.  The games we have in December prior to Christmas are all very winnable - Sunderland (h), Swansea (a), Wigan (h), West Brom (a)If we leave a change of manager much later than that then I think it would be best to keep Hughton and start planning for the following season, because with some difficult games after Christmas we could be all but relegated by the time the transfer window closes.Yes it would be harsh to lose Hughton so quickly, but he needs to start winning games pretty quickly if he is to keep his job I should imagine.[/quote]Even though in these games last year, your messiah PL lost exactly the same games (not inc QPR and WHU obviously).Wait until the results of the games you''ve mentioned until you start joining another bandwagon..You troll.

Yet again wiz puts his wisdom from being a supporter for so many years (having seen all the shit) and gets attacked for it. Can some people give him a chance and listen to him? He speaks the truth,

[quote user="The acolyte"]Yet again wiz puts his wisdom from being a supporter for so many years (having seen all the shit) and gets attacked for it. Can some people give him a chance and listen to him? He speaks the truth,[/quote]He doesnt "speak the truth" and neither does he speak for the majority of Norwich supporters.You troll.

These guys have closed minds, GH3YC, they are like revolutionaries who see a chance to make a noise against the majority - try to persuade others to join their cause through   pushing their mis-information every five minutes in the hope of gaining support.    They do not see things as they are - they see them as they are not.   

The doom mongering  minority shout louder but are not getting any more support as a result.    They are undermining what the club is trying to do by pushing divisive and unrealistic views. The voices of reason - and there are plenty on here - are saying that Hughton will get the time he needs to develop the team.  

We all know the start of the season has been difficult, but most of us have brains of our own to see that the team need time to gel with the new players and manager.   

Concern is  understandable - throwing your toys out of the pram is not.