Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Lets focus on supporting OUR team OUR Club and get behind them and help them through this rough patch. OTBC.

Saw this on a thread and thought it worth posting as a thread (copyright Wazza [:)] ).   

Sums up what we need to do - whoever we are playing. 

Dunkirk spirit and all that................(I''m not that old btw [:S])

I haven''t seem any evidence - home or away - that this is not the case.

Debate on forums by its nature will be both positive and negative and all the more healthy for that.

Well said Highland, this is what really bugs me about this forum, you have LDC and others who keep banging on about this "getting behaind the team" well from what I''ve seen even the slight booing at half time at the Liverpool game was soon drwoned out by applaus! the funny thing the booing came from the Snake Pit area where our most die hard fans are supposed to be!

Even Chelsea not that I was there but from what people have said we were well supported and the fans applauded the team at the end for theor effort!

I believe some have a one track nature on here and believe that because you find failings in areas with the club, the players or the manager you don''t support the team and as such must be a binner!

Reasond debate and opinions, weather you or I think they are valid or not is what this board should be about, not constant bickering and insult throwing!

I fully agree with LDC on match day, the supporters must give full on support, sing, clap, shout whaterever but be loud and be proud for our great club.

On this board why not ask questions, debate issues and respond in a reasonable maaner.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Saw this on a thread and thought it worth posting as a thread (copyright Wazza [:)] ).   

Sums up what we need to do - whoever we are playing. 

Dunkirk spirit and all that................(I''m not that old btw [:S])

[/quote]

Why not just use your real name Delia? [;)]

its all very well saying lets get behind the team, BUT we have to see something positive and it starts with Hughton. He needs to stop bigging up the opposition at press conferences and start to play to our strengths and then people may get behind him, until then opinion will be divided.

[quote user="baldyboy"]its all very well saying lets get behind the team, BUT we have to see something positive and it starts with Hughton. He needs to stop bigging up the opposition at press conferences and start to play to our strengths and then people may get behind him, until then opinion will be divided.
[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

"Reasond

debate and opinions, weather you or I think they are valid or not is

what this board should be about, not constant bickering and insult

throwing!

I fully agree with LDC on match day, the supporters must give full on

support, sing, clap, shout whaterever but be loud and be proud for our

great club.

On this board why not ask questions, debate issues and respond in a reasonable maaner."

Excellent points. I don''t think anyone can argue with that. As a newbe its why I joined this message board.

If we''re rallying to the call of the Dunkirk Spirit. Isn''t also acknowledging we''re also in the middle of an almighty ballsup?  To my mind we''re not quite at that point yet.  Where I have to get the dinghy out because the club''s up sugar creek with no paddle.

Perhaps we can get the River End and South Stand to start some Chants, to get behind the team rather than moaning and rustling there leg blankets!!

I normally agree with LDC but I think you''ve got this wrong mate.I''ve been to all bar one game this season so far and I can''t criticise our support at all. Everybody has got behind the team on matchdays.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Perhaps we can get the River End and South Stand to start some Chants, to get behind the team rather than moaning and rustling there leg blankets!![/quote]What about GW - City Stand?I don''t concur with this fans behind the team improves your chances of success on the pitch either really.  If it does then why have the prawn sandwich munchers at Old Trafford won so much in recent years?  Are they louder at Stamford Bridge than they were years ago, is the Etihad louder than a packed Kippax was at Maine Road and is the Emirates any louder than the North Bank at a pre mural Highbury between 1971 and 1989?Atmosphere is generated by a few and is directly determined by what the fans see on the pitch.I expect to hear LDC''s voice along with a few others, loud and clear if we are 4 or 5 down to Arsenal a week on Saturday though.  If it is that easy then you lot start us all off and we will join in.Sing up luvvies!

I''m going to bite.   All I did was post a quote I liked.    Other people seem to think that because I talk ''positive'' (for want of a better word) that I don''t see the negatives.   Well I do.   But I like to see the club pulling together - that''s what we have to have if Norwich are to be successful.

I sit wherever I can  get a ticket and near the front at the Liverpool match, there was not much noise - apart from one or two idiots who think its good to hurl abuse at our players.   Surman was getting it when we were only one nil down - and just as he was taking a corner kick - his first - and you know how quiet it can be in the river end - some berk yelled abuse at him from less than twenty feet away.    Put him off?  You don''t know, but players aren''t deaf.  Are these real fans?  

So yes, I agree that the majority support fantastically - but it always the noisy minority that get heard.    I know there will always be idiots, but the overall feeling a football club needs to have is one of pulling in the same direction.   You can''t have that if the idiots are getting carried away and abusing players and  demanding resignations.   If they are in the minority - lets make sure they know they are in the minority. 

"If they are in the minority - lets make sure they know they are in the minority"

Yes, yes and yes. Absouletly agree.

Sadly, in all walks of life the idiotic minority seem to have the loudest voice (or in this case in the forums the closet binners and hoards of trolls).

Actually looking back at that I would say this forum is fairly more negative than positive. Ho hum.

Back to my point, yes, we need to pull all in the same direction. To supporting the club. Yes some may argue that they have a personality shaded with negativity but that is not the problem. The problem is abusing the team, board and other club members and creating lies and devious conspiracys to disrupt everything.

Your example about the idiots shouting in the River End, I agree. Don''t let the idiots get the voice.

Cheer on the players!

[quote user="BWs Cat"]"If they are in the minority - lets make sure they know they are in the minority"

Yes, yes and yes. Absouletly agree.

Sadly, in all walks of life the idiotic minority seem to have the loudest voice (or in this case in the forums the closet binners and hoards of trolls).

Actually looking back at that I would say this forum is fairly more negative than positive. Ho hum.

Back to my point, yes, we need to pull all in the same direction. To supporting the club. Yes some may argue that they have a personality shaded with negativity but that is not the problem. The problem is abusing the team, board and other club members and creating lies and devious conspiracys to disrupt everything.

Your example about the idiots shouting in the River End, I agree. Don''t let the idiots get the voice.

Cheer on the players![/quote]So how exactly are you to achieve it?  Ever since I can remember there''s always been an idiot who shouts ''player''s name you''re s**t''  and such like.  Of course I''m not condoning it but just saying don''t let them shout it is easier said than done after some clown has already done it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

So yes, I agree that the majority support fantastically - but it always the noisy minority that get heard.   [/quote] A contradiction in terms surely?[quote user="lake district canary"]I know there will always be idiots, but the overall feeling a football club needs to have is one of pulling in the same direction.   You can''t have that if the idiots are getting carried away and abusing players and  demanding resignations.   If they are in the minority - lets make sure they know they are in the minority. 

[/quote]As far as "if they are in the minority - let''s make sure they know that they are in the minority" how do you hope to achieve that?You can''t silence people in the real world like you can online you know.Still I appreciate your view LDC and who knows, Hughton may still be a success. After all stranger things have happened at sea.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lake district canary"]So yes, I agree that the majority support fantastically - but it always the noisy minority that get heard.   [/quote] A contradiction in terms surely?[quote user="lake district canary"]I know there will always be idiots, but the overall feeling a football club needs to have is one of pulling in the same direction.   You can''t have that if the idiots are getting carried away and abusing players and  demanding resignations.   If they are in the minority - lets make sure they know they are in the minority. 

[/quote]As far as "if they are in the minority - let''s make sure they know that they are in the minority" how do you hope to achieve that?You can''t silence people in the real world like you can online you know.Still I appreciate your view LDC and who knows, Hughton may still be a success. After all stranger things have happened at sea.

[/quote]

The noisy minority can be made to know they are in the minority if enough of the majority make enough noise to drown them out.   Its too easy just to go and watch football and just sit there and not contribute.   Too much passive support only encourages the loud mouths to strut their stuff and get away with it.  

[quote user="Smudger"]Still I appreciate your view LDC........[/quote]That''s not the real Smudger! When did Smudger ever appreciate other peoples views? [^o)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The noisy minority can be made to know they are in the minority if enough of the majority make enough noise to drown them out.   Its too easy just to go and watch football and just sit there and not contribute.   Too much passive support only encourages the loud mouths to strut their stuff and get away with it.  

[/quote]But how do the majority know that they are the majority?  If they are such a vast majority then surely it would be easy for them to have their view heard over the minority?Perhaps it would be better if more people were willing to accept that different people support their team in different ways.If you feel the need to set up some kind of group to oppose another imaginary group that only suggests to me that you fear that a particular view is not as much of a minority view as you claim.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lake district canary"]The noisy minority can be made to know they are in the minority if enough of the majority make enough noise to drown them out.   Its too easy just to go and watch football and just sit there and not contribute.   Too much passive support only encourages the loud mouths to strut their stuff and get away with it.   [/quote]But how do the majority know that they are the majority?  If they are such a vast majority then surely it would be easy for them to have their view heard over the minority? Perhaps it would be better if more people were willing to accept that different people support their team in different ways. If you feel the need to set up some kind of group to oppose another imaginary group that only suggests to me that you fear that a particular view is not as much of a minority view as you claim.

[/quote]

Not really.   I think its more that people should stand up more for what they believe in.   But they don''t seem to.  Its like Canary Call.   It only apparently only attracts extreme idiots to call in.     But then that is probably manipulated by the radio station.   So these idiots get away with it - their voice is heard - helped by the media (controversy attracts attention) - and helped by the lack of the opposite view being put forward.

The fact is that a lot of the time these people who have the extreme view don''t like being contradicted - often its an aggressive stance  -  so the more mild mannered supporter is not seen or heard, they just stay more in the background.    

LDC and Co advocate everything I find abhorent..........ie..........you can say what you like as long as its agreeable with them, I believe Hitler thought that way too.

[quote user="Wiz"]LDC and Co advocate everything I find abhorent..........ie..........you can say what you like as long as its agreeable with them, I believe Hitler thought that way too.[/quote]

No Wiz.   You''re wrong.    I advocate that everyone stands up for themselves.   Everyone.   You are entitled to your views and so am I.

That''s the friday fun started, LDC Norwich City''s answer to Hitler! Sorry but that made me laugh!

A tad harsh on LDC, not deserved, given the insults thrown at you Wiz I would have thought that comment un-necessary!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"]LDC and Co advocate everything I find abhorent..........ie..........you can say what you like as long as its agreeable with them, I believe Hitler thought that way too.[/quote]

No Wiz.   You''re wrong.    I advocate that everyone stands up for themselves.   Everyone.   You are entitled to your views and so am I.

[/quote]

Totally agree LDC, but you said silence a certain group of people, if I misunderstood, I''ll apologise.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"]LDC and Co advocate everything I find abhorent..........ie..........you can say what you like as long as its agreeable with them, I believe Hitler thought that way too.[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally agree LDC, but you said silence a certain group of people, if I misunderstood, I''ll apologise.

[/quote]

Not silence - make more noise than.     Its about the majority view being heard - if it is a majority.   If its not a majority view then fair enough.  Just want all genuine views to be heard.

[/quote]Here''s the problem.  The bloke who used shout, (a few years back) "Stick it on Newman''s head... Oh he''s f***ing missed it again".  Will say I''m entitled to my opinion if I''ve paid for my ticket.