Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

The Joey Barton Loophole

Has anyone else seen the scumbag intends to join Fleetwood town on loan so that his suspension is cut short by 6 weeks!

Joey was given a 12 game ban for assault but as Fleetwood play more games earlier in the season than QPR his suspension will be reduced.

like I needed another excuse to hate the guy!

It''s not great yeah, but football is still his career. If he didn''t get any game time in that span of time his career would probably be somewhere in the pan.

Do you have a link? I don''t remember seeing anything about that Paul moy...

Of course it shouldn''t be allowed, but unless the FA have been competent enough to change their rules or get some kind of way of legally stopping it from happening they can''t really do anything, apart from ban him for longer.

What the rule should be, is 12 match ban for the club you are/were playing for at the time of the incident. Unless your permanently transfers, then the ban moves with you to that club.

I guess by loaning him to a League 2 club the ban is further accelerated by the fact they play in Johnstone''s Paint Trophy games. I don''t like QPR but you can''t blame them for using the loophole. Even if what Barton did was an act of complete thuggery. It is the FA''s responsibility to be proactive and spot these issues. Unfortunately they have been found wanting and will need to change the rules.

We have also played the system during our time. Both Holt and Lappin very conveniently picked up their 5th yellow card in League 1 so their suspensions would be served during the JP Trophy game against Swindon. Lambert didn''t really disguise what he had done either.

"It''s not great yeah, but football is still his career. If he didn''t get any game time in that span of time his career would probably be somewhere in the pan."Exactly where this knob head''s careers belongs. You can''t compare his past deeds to Lappin or Holt, kicking opponents when they are down, stubbing out cigars in youth team players'' eyes, beating up teenagers outside McDonalds, the C**t belongs in prison, let alone League 1, and its about time he started to receive some justice rather than continue to make silly money from the working man.

Which is why I made a point of calling what he did an act of pure thuggery. I thought it was disgusting and had no place on a football field. But that is for another day. The issue at hand here is playing the system to negate the effect of the ban as much as possible. I am just pointing out all teams do it including ourselves. Whether its 1 game (for a series of 5 minor incidents) or 15 games (or whatever he has) for full blown assault

We know of ''The Bosman'' ruling - I just hope the FA address this bizarre situation and it doesn''t ever become known as ''The Barton'' loophole...that guy has had more than enough undesirable publicity already.

What he should be famous for is the premature termination of his professional football career caused directly by his own actions.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]It''s not great yeah, but football is still his career. If he didn''t get any game time in that span of time his career would probably be somewhere in the pan.[/quote]It''s been in the pan since the day he started playing......

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Do you have a link? I don''t remember seeing anything about that Paul moy... Of course it shouldn''t be allowed, but unless the FA have been competent enough to change their rules or get some kind of way of legally stopping it from happening they can''t really do anything, apart from ban him for longer. What the rule should be, is 12 match ban for the club you are/were playing for at the time of the incident. Unless your permanently transfers, then the ban moves with you to that club.[/quote]

I heard it on Talksport so it must be true. .

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]It''s not great yeah, but football is still his career. If he didn''t get any game time in that span of time his career would probably be somewhere in the pan.[/quote]

So What ??

I''m not justifying what he has done (any of the shit he does to be precise). He is a scum bag, and his career does deserve to be in the pan. I''m just being objective, obviously the FA can''t ban him for long enough so that his fitness doesn''t belong in any league, though they should.

Absolutely disgusting. If that happens, then IMHO both QPR and Fleetwood (or any club who takes part in this) should be given a 10-point penalty for bringing the game into disrepute. If the FA''s rules have a loophole that allows things like this to happen, then those rules need to be re-written.

Quote:

"FA rules allow the Loftus Road club to apply for Barton

to serve the ban with another club... ...The FA would consider any application to transfer the ban, but do have the

power to reject it if they feel it as an abuse of the disciplinary process."

[quote user="If wed only kept Howie.."]

Quote:

"FA rules allow the Loftus Road club to apply for Barton

to serve the ban with another club... ...The FA would consider any application to transfer the ban, but do have the

power to reject it if they feel it as an abuse of the disciplinary process."

[/quote]That''s interesting I didn''t know they had the right to veto.I assume this is why it has been a six month loan mentioned recently so that on the face of it he can''t circumvent the abuse of process accusation, just so long as there''s no recall clause eh FA? Do him good a few months in the low league, let him find out just how hard he is when he starts throwing his weight around with people whose day job is to carry bricks for as much in a year as he pays tax in a week...... could be the making of the obnoxious little man. [:)]