Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

ill save all the imoaners from posting....

We didn''t score!

We looked awful!

I''m worried!

We will be relegated!

Hughton out!

Now the doom mongers don''t need to bother

I have to confess that no, I didn''t go. Mainly because I couldn''t deal with hearing people moaning about the performance/result of a pre season friendly.

The clue there is in the name.

God I hope none of the players or management team read this forum. It''s flat out embarrassing.

Well sim, I did, and it was very unenterprising stuff to say the least just a week before the big K.O. Defensively I did not think we were too bad at all, and basically they are a new unit still learning each others game, so no worries there. Creativity from midfield was poor, especially Pilks, Bennett looked sharp but drifted in and out of the game far too much. Snodgrass really looked uncomfortable playing the forward role with Holt, and yes, Holty is rather filling his shirt out. Lot better from Snodgrass hen he went wide to replace Pilks, and he had the best chance to score. Listening to Hughton after the game he states he is worried at the lack of goals, and i would expect a new striker in this week with Vaughan and possibly Martin going out, which I think is the only positions we are lacking in strength at the minute. It was a friendly, and should be viewed accordingly.

Just got back from the game; it was shockingly bad.

No pace, no desire - and the whole place today seemed a pale shadow of the Paul Lambert era. I really don''t know where a performance at Fulham is going to come from, but surely anything has to be better than what we saw today? If not, a 7-1 scoreline next week would not surprise me...

Really, what was the point in playing foreign opposition? An A team vs B team at Colney would need to have more zip and match tempo than this - it just looked lousy.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I have to confess that no, I didn''t go. Mainly because I couldn''t deal with hearing people moaning about the performance/result of a pre season friendly.

The clue there is in the name.

God I hope none of the players or management team read this forum. It''s flat out embarrassing.[/quote]Super happy clappers like yourself may not be worried but i bet Chris Hughton is just a teeny weeny bit worried tonight , a team that cannot defend and cannot score is a team with problems .

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I have to confess that no, I didn''t go. Mainly because I couldn''t deal with hearing people moaning about the performance/result of a pre season friendly. The clue there is in the name. God I hope none of the players or management team read this forum. It''s flat out embarrassing.[/quote]

If any one is embarrassing it is you, fed up of reading your cr*p, you seem to think your always right and become abusive or start an argument with anyone who disagrees to your OPINION.

If you had been to the game maybe you would be a bit more concerned!? going to Fulham? or going to be to busy on here boring us with ur bull sh*t

[quote user="porkyp"]Well sim, I did, and it was very unenterprising stuff to say the least just a week before the big K.O. Defensively I did not think we were too bad at all, and basically they are a new unit still learning each others game, so no worries there. Creativity from midfield was poor, especially Pilks, Bennett looked sharp but drifted in and out of the game far too much. Snodgrass really looked uncomfortable playing the forward role with Holt, and yes, Holty is rather filling his shirt out. Lot better from Snodgrass hen he went wide to replace Pilks, and he had the best chance to score. Listening to Hughton after the game he states he is worried at the lack of goals, and i would expect a new striker in this week with Vaughan and possibly Martin going out, which I think is the only positions we are lacking in strength at the minute. It was a friendly, and should be viewed accordingly.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, however what i Dont get about Hughton is that he complains about lack of goals and then keeps playing bloody 451 [:@]

Thanks. Rather pleased to be awarded ''Super Happy Clapper'' status.

If you can be arsed to search back through my old posts you''ll actually see that that was far from the case 4 years ago, however I can appreciate that the club can do absolutely nothing more to continue the success of the past 3 years than it is currently doing.

I''ve also been around long enough not to panic over pre season form/results.

Just quick question for you guys who saw the game. Is it really 4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1 or is it like most of spanish team plays 4-2-3-1 ?

I mean ofc in what form are we when we attack, not how we defend.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Just quick question for you guys who saw the game. Is it really 4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1 or is it like most of spanish team plays 4-2-3-1 ?

I mean ofc in what form are we when we attack, not how we defend.[/quote]
Definite 4-4-1-1. People who claim we play a 4-5-1 are just ignorant of tactics and formations IMO. With so many variations, to call any formation a 4-5-1 is actually confusing and pointless. 

@Sim086

If you''re fed up with reading my crap, then there''s a fairly obvious solution, don''t read it.

If I''d been to the game I''d be no more or less concerned than I am now. It''s pre season, it means nothing.

I''d love to be at Fulham, but I have to work, I''ll be at Cartow Road for QPR the week after though.

its pre season... someone tell me what happens if we lose a game in pre season?sod all thats what...its the next 38 games that matter.

Positives : Morison came on and showed some neat touches. Johnson kept getting pulled up by the ref for imo trying to win the ball. Snodgrass looked tidy. Negatives, i wanted to see Vaughan get a run, Jackson had no touches in 10mins or so, Barnett looks woeful as passed ball 20yrds sideways to linesman.

[quote user="Sim086"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I have to confess that no, I didn''t go. Mainly because I couldn''t deal with hearing people moaning about the performance/result of a pre season friendly. The clue there is in the name. God I hope none of the players or management team read this forum. It''s flat out embarrassing.[/quote]

If any one is embarrassing it is you, fed up of reading your cr*p, you seem to think your always right and become abusive or start an argument with anyone who disagrees to your OPINION.

If you had been to the game maybe you would be a bit more concerned!? going to Fulham? or going to be to busy on here boring us with ur bull sh*t

[/quote]

I could be wrong but I don''t think Mr B is trying to offend; I just think that he, like me and a lot of other posters on here, are getting rather fed up by a lot of Norwich supporters slagging off the manager and the team and saying we''re going to get relegated before the season has even started.

I find myself agreeing with Mr. B more often than not.

Pre Season means nothing to me. If we''re bottom come Xmas time, I''ll worry. Til then - i''ll remain optimistic,