Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City and Lambert were both wrong to part.

[quote user="City1st"]

"their one line put downs"

A one line question -

Where was the City Stand located in the 1960''s as you claimed ?

[/quote]

For Christ sake City1st, give it a rest please, I''m 66 now with a failing memory, I forget names ok?

But I still know where I stood and sat, and what games I attended, and for the final time, I answer to me.......not you.

Wiz - if your story is even remotely correct you will know ( being an insider ) when Lambert told the club he was leaving. Tell me when this was and I will know if you can even remotely be believed.

That probably the case in some situations Ellis. But then again Mark Fotheringham got trials with clubs in La Liga. Which is laughable really. John Ruddy and Simeon Jackson both had trials at Man Utd but were still lower league players afterwards. But I agree with everything else you have said there.

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Wiz - if your story is even remotely correct you will know ( being an insider ) when Lambert told the club he was leaving. Tell me when this was and I will know if you can even remotely be believed.[/quote]

What story is that Cambs? I claimed nothing in my OP.

Re read it, all I said was maybe both parties were at fault imo, I singled no one out.

Well, I don''t know where you''re coming from, Wiz.     Lambert left  because he didn''t have the belief that he could take the club any further.   That is the only logical explanation.    Whether it was due to lack of money or more personal reasons, it doesn''t really matter any more does it?   He left.      Wrong to part?    You could legitimately look in to the reasons why they parted but to say it was  "wrong" is just non-sensical.    

Conspiracy theories are all well and good - as are looking at reasons why they parted - but to say it was wrong is just wishful thinking.   It was right. Right for him and right for us.   Thank goodness most of us have moved on.    Lambert has a career to look after - we have a club to look after and support.   When I say support I mean support in the present, not in the past.   You need to live in the present and not look back in anger at what you romantically think things should have been like.   We are in a new era - the "post Lambert era" if you like.   We have a new season starting.  Time to get behind the players and manager - and stop talking clap-trap.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Well, I don''t know where you''re coming from, Wiz.     Lambert left  because he didn''t have the belief that he could take the club any further.   That is the only logical explanation.    Whether it was due to lack of money or more personal reasons, it doesn''t really matter any more does it?   He left.      Wrong to part?    You could legitimately look in to the reasons why they parted but to say it was  "wrong" is just non-sensical.    

Conspiracy theories are all well and good - as are looking at reasons why they parted - but to say it was wrong is just wishful thinking.   It was right. Right for him and right for us.   Thank goodness most of us have moved on.    Lambert has a career to look after - we have a club to look after and support.   When I say support I mean support in the present, not in the past.   You need to live in the present and not look back in anger at what you romantically think things should have been like.   We are in a new era - the "post Lambert era" if you like.   We have a new season starting.  Time to get behind the players and manager - and stop talking clap-trap.  

[/quote]

And you were doing so well LDC, in fact you were swaying me with yout reason, and then you could resist putting the standard PU insult on the end.    

Shame.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Wiz - if your story is even remotely correct you will know ( being an insider ) when Lambert told the club he was leaving. Tell me when this was and I will know if you can even remotely be believed.[/quote]

What story is that Cambs? I claimed nothing in my OP.

Re read it, all I said was maybe both parties were at fault imo, I singled no one out.

[/quote]

You have stated this was done publicly - If that is the case you will know when Lambert said he was leaving the club and I dont think you do.

I personally was ''happy'' that Lambert left, and have moved on. I hold no grudges against him, and sincerely wish him well at Villa.

It can be argued that he had the biggest influence on Norwich City FC in the it''s history, considering the plight we were in, and the riches of Premier League football.

However, I don''t think Lambert and Norwich could have stayed together for much longer. If Lambert was still here, we would all be sick and tired of is he aint he convo''s every day for the whole summer.

That''s before, the first manager has gone in the new season, when the debate would restart.

Wiz, It''s time to forget and stop wasting large amounts of your time, and events that wont change. Time to move on, and hope for the best.

Naturally, I am a little wary of the upcoming season, it''s what being a Premier league team is for upto 10 of the sides.

Come Friday night and Saturday morning, I will be excited and 100% behind the new manager, and team.

City and Lambert didn''t part, he walked out, quit, resigned, whatever. Lambert put Lambert first just like he has done before and like he will do again. Hughton has a high standing and was well received so lets move on and give him the space to make his mark and hopefully deliver even better memories.  

"For Christ sake City1st, give it a rest please, I''m 66 now with a failing memory, I forget names ok? "

really ?

It wasn''t supposed memory loss when you previously tried to justify your claim that the South Stand was known as the City Stand in the 1960''s, as with your claim about the Wensum Stand. So why the sudden about face ?

As to who you are accountable to then i would suggest it is the rest of the folk when you post on here. More so when much of your time is spent in posting up scurrilous attacks on the club, the directors, the manager and players. You even called Elliot Ward a w*nker. Based on what ? Have you ever met the chap ? Whatever ''failings'' he might have as a player there is no justification for that kind of attack.

Which leads to your complaint about ''give it a rest''. The irony of which coming from you will not be lost on most on here. Someone who has constantly claimed that the owners were making off with money from the club and most recently that Stephen Fry is a ''convicted Class A drug user''.

This is not however about being able to take it if you give it out. It is about integrity and maybe at least knowing where someone is coming from when they are posting on here, that way at least some measure of worth can be accorded to their views (how that worth is decided is up to the individual reader and being a City fan for any length of time is not, and should not, be a measure of the validity of their argument or points).

That honesty has constantly been missing from your posts, so maybe next time you refer to someone at the club as a thief, a crook, a w*nker, a convicted Class a drug user the rest of us can take a fair guess at where you are really coming from and what the intent is behind those uncalled for attacks.

And maybe regard them accordingly.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

And you were doing so well LDC, in fact you were swaying me with yout reason, and then you could resist putting the standard PU insult on the end.    

Shame.

[/quote]

Not so much a personal insult - more of an appeal  to you or indeed  anyone who is trying to put forward stuff which seems designed to undermine the club and it''s present position - which most would agree is a very positive one.     Time will tell of course, but the manager is going to need as much support as we can give him over the coming weeks in his new job - so there''s no  need to post negatively. He is a respected and experienced manager - and he may do a better job than Lambert would have done this season.   Roll on Saturday.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Shame.

[/quote]

Not so much a personal insult - more of an appeal  to you or indeed  anyone who is trying to put forward stuff which seems designed to undermine the club and it''s present position - which most would agree is a very positive one.     Time will tell of course, but the manager is going to need as much support as we can give him over the coming weeks in his new job - so there''s no  need to post negatively. He is a respected and experienced manager - and he may do a better job than Lambert would have done this season.   Roll on Saturday.

[/quote]

On that we agree LDC.

[quote user="Wiz"]

They were symbiotic, and without each other will struggle imo.

I blame neither side, but both sides should have thought it out more clearly. In any relationship, arguements, spats, will happen, but Lambert and Norwich, Norwich and Lambert, was a marriage blessed by by the Gods themselves.

All parties involved in this very public divorce will soon come to realise that no one has won, yet everyone''s lost.

And thats the sad part.

[/quote]

At the end of the day, I believe Lambert will discover the grass isn''t always greener but for my beloved City, life goes on and it''s time to forgive and forget, get behind the team, focus on 17th place and we can take it one step at a time from there.  Lambert had nothing left to prove or achieve here and much as I love our club, it was a bit like being Bernard Manning married to Una Stubbs and pretending she would never get a better offer from elsewhere despite the fact she wanted more than you could give her.  Sad, but life must go on and in Houghton we trust.

"focus on 17th place"

absolute nonsense !

What happens if we find ourself mid table again ? i can see Hughton calling the players together and telling them they have to lose the next few games so we can get ourself into 17th place.

The club, the squad and the manager will be doing all they can to get us to finish as high up the table as possible - same as they have been doing for the past three seasons

And there''s in the club''s bank account that proves you wrong

[quote user="Wiz"]I''m 66 now with a failing memory, I forget names ok?

[/quote]This goes a long way to explaining why you post so much anti Norwich City Football Club waffle on here. Clearly you''ve become confused and forgotten that the Ipswich Town forum is called TWTD and not The PinkUn......[:P]

I feel the same now as i did when mike walker left us for everton. then and now i was grateful for what they achieved but at the same time i hoped they would makea mess of the new job, walker did only time will tell what happens with Lambert. The latter is now departing from his comfort zones of young hungry british players it will be interesting to see how he does and how he handles the bigger egos of theestablished premiership players. To conclude though we all need to move forward and back Hughton but i will also have a little chuckle if Villa struggle

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="Wiz"]I''m 66 now with a failing memory, I forget names ok?

[/quote]

This goes a long way to explaining why you post so much anti Norwich City Football Club waffle on here. Clearly you''ve become confused and forgotten that the Ipswich Town forum is called TWTD and not The PinkUn......[:P]

[/quote]

He really means selective memory, but he couldn''t remember.

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="Wiz"]I''m 66 now with a failing memory, I forget names ok?

[/quote]

This goes a long way to explaining why you post so much anti Norwich City Football Club waffle on here. Clearly you''ve become confused and forgotten that the Ipswich Town forum is called TWTD and not The PinkUn......[:P]

[/quote]

And its because of smart arse replies like yours fella that I''ve kept quiet about it for so long.

Plenty of people have taken the time to post measured and considered opinions to this thread (even if it is pretty old ground) so just focus on those Wiz. Never really understood the point of having a slanging match on the internet.

[quote user="Jacko"]Plenty of people have taken the time to post measured and considered opinions to this thread (even if it is pretty old ground) so just focus on those Wiz. Never really understood the point of having a slanging match on the internet.[/quote]

Will do Jacko.  [Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]

They were symbiotic, and without each other will struggle imo.

I blame neither side, but both sides should have thought it out more clearly. In any relationship, arguements, spats, will happen, but Lambert and Norwich, Norwich and Lambert, was a marriage blessed by by the Gods themselves.

All parties involved in this very public divorce will soon come to realise that no one has won, yet everyone''s lost.

And thats the sad part.

[/quote]

You may well be right on this one Wiz.

How many times have we seen people leave here for bigger and better things only for them to fall flat on thier faces. Only time will tell, but I can see where you are coming from here.