Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Vaughan

Too many people too willing to believe a very dodgy ''lazy journalism'' rumour from the Mirror, IMO. I can''t see Vaughan going out on loan. He was fit again at the end of last season, so pre-season should give him a chance to show what he can do. If CH wants Davis, then fine - make a swap plus cash for Barnett, but not for Vaughan.

[quote user="Indy"]

The trouble I have with Davis, is that he has been poor for a couple seasons, it''s not like he''s been the stand out defender in the Championship!

He is just another squad player, he''s not going to be a regular, well shouldn''t be!

Let''s face it Davis has had his fair few month''s on the sidelines too and a serious dip in form since his 8 million move to Villa, while on loan there he looked an 8 million pound player, since then a 2 bob bit part.

I''m all for quality, but not for bolstering what we already have, he is no better than Ward or Barnett and we have 2 youngsters at the back who if fit should hold down those positions in Ayla and Bennett.

[/quote]

1. Its DavIEs. Given the amount of trouble some of our fans have with Hughton, Morison and Hoolahan I almost don;t want is to sign Davies just so people are not constrantly getting his name wrong!

2. The fact he was in the PFA Championship team of the year would suggest he was considered amongst the 2 best centre backs in the championship last season so you could say he did "stand out."

I''m not saying he''s a world beater but he is an experience centre half with good pace and i think is a good option. Hughton knows him well and obviously thinks he can hack it at this level. I guess we have to trust his judgment if he signs him.

[quote user="Indy"]

The trouble I have with Davis, is that he has been poor for a couple seasons, it''s not like he''s been the stand out defender in the Championship!

He is just another squad player, he''s not going to be a regular, well shouldn''t be!

Let''s face it Davis has had his fair few month''s on the sidelines too and a serious dip in form since his 8 million move to Villa, while on loan there he looked an 8 million pound player, since then a 2 bob bit part.

I''m all for quality, but not for bolstering what we already have, he is no better than Ward or Barnett and we have 2 youngsters at the back who if fit should hold down those positions in Ayla and Bennett.

[/quote]

1. Its DavIEs. Given the amount of trouble some of our fans have with Hughton, Morison and Hoolahan I almost don;t want is to sign Davies just so people are not constrantly getting his name wrong!

2. The fact he was in the PFA Championship team of the year would suggest he was considered amongst the 2 best centre backs in the championship last season so you could say he did "stand out."

I''m not saying he''s a world beater but he is an experience centre half with good pace and i think is a good option. Hughton knows him well and obviously thinks he can hack it at this level. I guess we have to trust his judgment if he signs him.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Too many people too willing to believe a very dodgy ''lazy journalism'' rumour from the Mirror, IMO. I can''t see Vaughan going out on loan. He was fit again at the end of last season, so pre-season should give him a chance to show what he can do. If CH wants Davis, then fine - make a swap plus cash for Barnett, but not for Vaughan.[/quote]

To be fair this particular journo''s record with Norwich rumours is pretty good and i don;t see why this is "lazy journalism." Davies to norwich might be lazy journalism but Vaughan going the other way is not obvious 2+2 stuff at all so i am inclined to believe there is something in it.

Vaughan is from Birmingham so I don''t think he''d be against going there, could be something in this.

I am not sure James Nursey has got one wrong yet been it comes to BCFC. I am 100% that this is going to happen. Sick note is no loss lets get in another quick forward who will stay fit most of the season

Actually I take it back, looking through the reviews from last season, played 50 time too, I done hime a diservice, Davies deserves his chance here should he get it.

But I will stand by that we need to keep Vaughan, we need to give him the chance next season too.

Barnett as part Ex for Davies, instead?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Vaughan is from Birmingham so I don''t think he''d be against going there, could be something in this.
[/quote]

What difference does that make?I''m from Birmingham and try to avoid it like the Plague. I hate the place he might share the same view.

[quote user="Indy"]

Actually I take it back, looking through the reviews from last season, played 50 time too, I done hime a diservice, Davies deserves his chance here should he get it.

But I will stand by that we need to keep Vaughan, we need to give him the chance next season too.

Barnett as part Ex for Davies, instead?

[/quote]

Apologies for the "board police" nature of my last post. Was just in a bit of a bad mood and snapped!

I agree that Barnett would be a more logical swap. That said maybe they asked for Vaughan or he is keen to go out and get games. i didn;t realise he is a Brummie and his family live in Sutton Coldfield so maybe he might fancy a stint at home getting some regular starts under his belt.

Here''s how I would look at it:

Last season we had bigger problems keeping goals out than we did scoring them. We scored goals quite successfully without James Vaughan. I know he made a few brief appearances but in the grand scheme of things he contributed next to nothing.

Do we need James Vaughan more than we need a better centre back who could hopefully help us tighten our defence?

I had hoped Vaughan would have made a bigger impact than he has but if I was now given the choice of having him or Curtis Davies at Norwich I''d have to go with Davies (though I certainly wouldn''t be disappointed if Vaughan stays here).

It may simply be that Hughton does not rate Vaughn but knows we will get nothing if we sell him now- an injury plagued striker who has not scored for a year is worth an awful lot less than one that has a solid season scoring at Championship level.

[quote user="ting tong"]We should cut our loses on sick note[/quote]

I think your wronge, and can see Him doing well for us next season and he will score goals.

I do rate Vaughan, whenever he played for Everton he seemed to do well, just thinks its a case of keeping him fit, seems stupid to just loan him out anyway as we spent quite a bit of money on him!