Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

No shocker from the online leeds fans

the majority of online posts I have seen are pathetic.

I understand, it must be frustrating. we have taken 2 (maybe three) of their top midfielders (and generally, their top players overall.)

I get it, it must, for lack of a better, forum-friendly word, suck.

but the response I have seen to day shows why their fans get such a poor reputation. I have seen things from pure petty fans, to fans posting death-wishes and threats about Snoddy, the leeds board, Hughton, and the Norwich board.

How on earth they keep any players with attitudes like that is shocking, and it hasn''t even been confirmed by the clubs that we bid for him yet

We have our share of pathetic fans. There was much hatred vented towards Holt a few weeks ago.

I''ve only been to Elland Road once when we won 4-0 and Goss scored that amazing volley. The Leeds fans stood and applauded it. I know they have some nasty fans, but I always respected them for that.

Sounds like an excuse to enjoy the goal again. I think you can see some fans clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCLWn6hvvfE

Oh I totally agree, it is a small number of fans that ruin it for the rest.

Unfortunately, these are the only ones that get noticed, because they go seeking it. but that is a terrific vid :p

quote user="Splendid Rush"]I''ve only been to Elland Road once when we won 4-0 and Goss scored that amazing volley. The Leeds fans stood and applauded it. I know they have some nasty fans, but I always respected them for that. Sounds like an excuse to enjoy the goal again. I think you can see some fans clapping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCLWn6hvvfE[/quote

I don''t do regrets in life, but that day was one of those that have ''dwelled'' on my mind. I was actually up in Yorkshire that weekend visiting a lady friend, and decided against going to the game for ''other'' reasons! lol

That goal sticks in my mind, but the lady is long forgotten!!!

Sorry to bring back bad memories!

To rub it in further, it was an amazing day. A great game with some amazing goals.

I have that shirt too. I was wearing it that day! Needless to say it''s a bit small now...

Willing to bet mines a little tighter on me than yours is! haha. I actually think it might of been made by someone in my family out of their shirt that year. Don''t think they did infant kits back then? Might have to dig it out and look

[quote user="Across_The_Pond_Yellow"]Willing to bet mines a little tighter on me than yours is! haha. I actually think it might of been made by someone in my family out of their shirt that year. Don''t think they did infant kits back then? Might have to dig it out and look[/quote]

Haha fair enough. I was about 13 at the time and 32 now, so don''t think I''ll be trying out out to compare. I''d end up like the Incredible Hulk if I did.

I don''t see Leeds fans problem with us. They just got Adam Drury on a free like we did Bradley Johnson and now they are interested in Crofts. So what are they moaning about?

On the grounds that they won things under Don Revie back in the 1970s they feel that they have this bizarre sense of entitlement to be in the upper reaches Premiership. The cold reality for Leeds is that they have spent 16 of the last 30 years outside of the top flight. They don''t own their own ground (which whilst being sizeable is looked increasingly tired and decrepit). They also don''t own Thorpe Arch (their training ground). They are increasingly looking rather knackered unless this takeover happens.

That was one amazing goal.

Who played the ball to Fox? Was is big Rob Newman? It looked like a "chippy" type of ball but he looks to big for Crook...I cant make his number out.

Phillips maybe?

[quote user="colneycanary"]I don''t see Leeds fans problem with us. They just got Adam Drury on a free like we did Bradley Johnson and now they are interested in Crofts. So what are they moaning about?[/quote]

Precisely!  How many players have we got from Leeds?  Makes you laugh.........

[quote user="spencer 1970"]That was one amazing goal. Who played the ball to Fox? Was is big Rob Newman? It looked like a "chippy" type of ball but he looks to big for Crook...I cant make his number out. Phillips maybe?[/quote]

Butterworth.

[quote user="Jacko"]On the grounds that they won things under Don Revie back in the 1970s they feel that they have this bizarre sense of entitlement to be in the upper reaches Premiership. The cold reality for Leeds is that they have spent 16 of the last 30 years outside of the top flight. They don''t own their own ground (which whilst being sizeable is looked increasingly tired and decrepit). They also don''t own Thorpe Arch (their training ground). They are increasingly looking rather knackered unless this takeover happens.[/quote]Sounds like a Tom Cavendish dream....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="spencer 1970"]That was one amazing goal. Who played the ball to Fox? Was is big Rob Newman? It looked like a "chippy" type of ball but he looks to big for Crook...I cant make his number out. Phillips maybe?[/quote]

Butterworth.

[/quote]

Butterworth has been retired for ages so wouldn''t have played alongsides fox and we haven''t signed Phillips from blackpool yet.

"Butterworth has been retired for ages so wouldn''t have played alongsides fox and we haven''t signed Phillips from blackpool yet."

As others will no doubt point out, it''s Butterfield, not Butterworth. And David Fox, not Ruel Fox. Oh, and Phillips is going from Blackpool to Villa, not to us (and so should be on a different thread, if not a different forum).

Oh and Ray Hughton is our manager, not Chris Houghton.

Hope that clears things up.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Butterworth.

[/quote]

Butterworth has been retired for ages so wouldn''t have played alongsides fox and we haven''t signed Phillips from blackpool yet.

[/quote]

Er, one of us is getting very confused...

David Phillips was the player who had been sent to Coventry, unlike Matty Phillips, who is set to join Villa, allegedly. If so, he will team up with Culverhouse, although the thinking had been in some quarters that he might be staying with Norwich, especially as he had been at Spurs with Houghton, sorry Hughton (not the ex-Liverpool player). Luckily there were no Lamberts (Paul, Ricky, Mick or otherwise) on the field.

Any clearer, Purple?

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

David Phillips was the player who had been sent to Coventry, unlike Matty Phillips, who is set to join Villa, allegedly. If so, he will team up with Culverhouse, although the thinking had been in some quarters that he might be staying with Norwich, especially as he had been at Spurs with Houghton, sorry Hughton (not the ex-Liverpool player). Luckily there were no Lamberts (Paul, Ricky, Mick or otherwise) on the field.

Any clearer, Purple?

[/quote]

Up to a point, thanks, but it''s all these Bennetts that confuse me. Perhaps I''ve been reading too much Jane Austen. But there is John Ryan Bennett, who is either a full-back with a thunderous shot we got from Luton back in the 1980 or a young central defender from Peterborough on staff now. And Dale Gordon Bennett, whom I thought was a long-retired winger we sold to Rangers but turns out to have been a behind the scenes executive who saved us from bankruptcy. And Shaun Elliott Bennett, who seems either to be a long-gone gritty defender or a current winger. And this is without getting on to Albert "White boots" Bennett and Dave "no relation" Bennett...

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

quote user="Splendid Rush"]I''ve only been to Elland Road once when we won 4-0 and Goss scored that amazing volley. Thoe Leeds fans stood and applauded it. I know they have some nasty fans, but I always respected them for that. Sounds like an excuse to enjoy the goal again. I think you can see some fans clapping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCLWn6hvvfE[/quote

I don''t do regrets in life, but that day was one of those that have ''dwelled'' on my mind. I was actually up in Yorkshire that weekend visiting a lady friend, and decided against going to the game for ''other'' reasons! lol

That goal sticks in my mind, but the lady is long forgotten!!!

[/quote]

Wonder if you shot the same time goes did..... More to the point did the native applaud?