Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Forrest the next super rich club or another Blackburn?

Just as a reposed house at an auction is attractive to a rich investor

whereas ...................................

Someone''s worth is not how much someone actually has to splash about.

The people mentioned so far are ''valued'' at that amount due to the valuation of the buisnisses they own or are majority shareholders in. It''s not the amount of money they have in their bank account ready to spend.

The Sheikhs at Man City are arguably the most able to churn money out because their valuation is based upon a product - oil. Which effectively is continuously being turned into cash 24/7.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

This is all press invention.

We Know there is nobody interested in buying football clubs....we were told so!

Certainly no one with any money that is.[:D]

[/quote]

May i remind you Butler of what Alan Bowkett said when asked about prospective buyers of NCFC but i confess i am not sure whether it was at last years AGM or on a webchat.

It was words similar to "we have had several people express an interest but before i do business with anyone i like to see the colour of their money but as yet nobody has proved they have any".

Now are you saying that our illustrious Chairman with business nous at a very high level in the city ( in other words the financial world in London) and who virtually every fan holds in the highest esteem has bought into the conspiracy that Delia will not sell her dolls house.

[/quote]

You may try reading the last line again (with the required smiley face)

Have I said anything about Delia...NO.It''s you doing your best to stir again. It was a reference to a statement made by our chairman.

Is that the same chairman you did not want?

Pete deleted your last post and my reply he will proably do the same to this one.

Try stalking someone other that Tangy , Bly or I , you never know you might find it more enjoyable.

[/quote]

I hope Pete allows me to respond but i must just take you up on a couple points in your reply Butler. It was not my intention to stir and i was not the only one to think you were having a dig( City !st to name but one) but why open with sarcasm with regard to it being press invention and finish the post with a smiley which i have taken as meaning funny/humourous.If as you now claim you were in fact talking about our Chairmans comments what did you find funny/humourous ? I take it you do not believe what was said by him and what was reported ?

With regard to me not wanting the Chairman back in 2009 when Bowkett was appointed i agree i openly questioned his new position as only a few short weeks before he had been the co-author of a letter published in the EDP where he was critical of the Board and made a point of saying " for the avoidance of doubt i have no wish to be on the board". That statement was very quickly turned on its head. I never said that i did not want him as you have claimed.

As for your last sentence with regard to stalking i think that is best left alone as it will turn very personal as you well know but the irony is not lost on me and others.I could spend all day pasting references to repetitive put me downs and personal insults the other named posters have turned into an art form on this messageboard.

Have a nice day now Butler and i will not respond anymore so this thread can get back on track.

It''s gotta be a good move Wings. Forest have now got one of those shiny new rich hinvestors. They know far more than the old style football owners they replace. They''ll be in the champoions league within 3 seasons. Just you watch.......

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Cotterill sacked as Forest boss with McLeish the favourite to replace him.

Oh very dear.[/quote]

A job tailor made for Lambert !

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s gotta be a good move Wings. Forest have now got one of those shiny new rich hinvestors. They know far more than the old style football owners they replace. They''ll be in the champoions league within 3 seasons. Just you watch.......

[/quote]

Laugh all you like Nigel, yet another club with rich ambitious owners that will sail on past us as we continue to bail out with buckets and saucepans and our thumbs plugging the holes....we''re being left behind.

[quote user="Victor Segura and the Yellow Cards"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Laugh all you like Nigel, yet another club with rich ambitious owners that will sail on past us as we continue to bail out with buckets and saucepans and our thumbs plugging the holes....we''re being left behind.

[/quote]

Cluck????

Is that you[:^)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

According to the local press here, Forest are being linked with a move for the Kuwaiti national goalkeeper.  So the new owners not being tempted to fiddle around with the football side of things then...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nottingham Forest with its rich tradition, achievements, associations, big crowd potential and geographical location was obviously seen as significantly more attractive club than Norwich. I very much doubt whether Forest''s new owners are aware of us. Our owners have made no secret of the fact that if the right offer came along they would be prepared to sell so I don''t really know what your point is. And, by the way, good luck to Forest, rather them than us.

[quote user="Jack Slicer"]

Nottingham Forest with its rich tradition, achievements, associations, big crowd potential and geographical location was obviously seen as significantly more attractive club than Norwich. I very much doubt whether Forest''s new owners are aware of us. Our owners have made no secret of the fact that if the right offer came along they would be prepared to sell so I don''t really know what your point is. And, by the way, good luck to Forest, rather them than us.[/quote]

Also I suspect a large part of the attraction was that they were able to pay a reasonable price for a team that since 1999 has been in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of the game and last year was close to being relegated back to League One, especially as the executors of the former owner were clearly keen to get shot of the shares.  Certainly a fraction of what any team in the Prem would cost.

It''s a shrewd buy.  Personally I''d be happy to see Forest get back into the Prem for lots of reasons.  But the early signs with the new owners are distinctly mixed.  It''s also worth remembering the previous owner had put some £75m into the team over the past few years with no reward.

Before some posters get to carried away with Forest and their lovely Arab owner just remember the foreign owner who pitched up across the Trent at Notts County a few years back and gave them Sven and Sol Campbell as a present.Now just remind me what happened to that fairytale and how it ended.

Oh dear i see the new owners have announced they are going to appoint an iconic manager as they described him. If i were a Forest fan i would be a little nervous about the first few days of the new regime.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Oh dear i see the new owners have announced they are going to appoint an iconic manager as they described him. If i were a Forest fan i would be a little nervous about the first few days of the new regime.

[/quote]

So the unemployed Mick McCarthy rules himself out of the job after an interview and now the new owners are in negotiations to buy Buzsaky from QPR and present him to the as yet unknown manager.

To think some people just want to grab any rich person trawling around to buy a football club.Now would you be happy if this was going on at Carrow Road because i for one would be very concerned ?

[/quote]

[/quote]If moving from the bottom of League 1 to 12th in the Premier within 3 seasons is "being left behind"........ can we be left behind a bit more please?[:)]