Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Paul Lambert has offered his resignation

Amazed! I wonder what his mentor, Martin O''Neil thinks of him teaming up with Villa after they, apparently, reneged on a lot of promises to him.

[quote user="A Certain Poster"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="G"]Sooooooooo, what players that are out of contract are going to stay? What pisses me off is the fact that Lambert always knew he wanted to go to Villa yet still made the decision of releasing players, or not etc. Next it will be Whitbread signing for Villa.[/quote]

Thats what makes me feel ffffff angry, just hope if he comes knocking for players we tell him to ffffffffffffffffffffoff.  

[/quote]

he does have some serious form for bringing in players he''s managed elsewhere.
[/quote]

Lets not forget though people, through a rough patch in our season we were all questioning Lamberts 3 at the back formation. He''s done amazing with us, never done it anywhere else though, no track record except with us. Cheeky approach for MON?

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I find it quite funny how Lambert got so visibly angry at Journalists questioning him about his future, stating aggressively how it''s ''absolute nonsense'', then a week later he flat-out resigns for the questioned job! '' "I don''t know why people get worked up about it," he told BBC Norfolk. '' The above quote actually annoys me now though, seeing as its all come out to be true... Either way, he has still been a great manager for us, I wish him all the best but we have to move on and not look back![/quote]

I''m grateful for what he''s done for us, but I won''t be wishing him all the best. He''ll be managing one of our rivals next year and I hope he fails miserably.

I''m still a bit surprised simply cos I expected him to leave us for a top-6 club.  Villa is not much of a move up and with an American owner there will be massive pressure.

If he ends up not going to Villa, I''d still prefer for the Board to find someone with longer-term potential, otherwise we''d know that Lambert would be leaving in a year or two anyway so it would be better to get someone new in now. 

We''ve confirmation that Lambert has handed in his resignation but nothing on Culverhouse and Karsa, does anyone remember if all three handed in resignations together when they did the same thing to colchester? I only ask as culverhouse would be my 1st choice replacement.

Why do I feel like my Mrs has just left me.

He could have waited to Monday. Messed my weekend up now

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Why do I feel like my Mrs has just left me.

He could have waited to Monday. Messed my weekend up now

[/quote]

At least you don''t have to go to a wedding with numerous Villa supporters.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]If he didn''t take Villa, would you still take him back?

Being completely honest with yourself, not emotional.

I''m not having a pop or anything, genuinely interested as he''s clearly shown he wants to leave...[/quote]Of course. We''d be cutting off our noses to spite our own face if we thought any different.Lambert is truly exceptional; the budget with which he has accomplished what he has is, for fear of using one too many superlatives, remarkable.To draw a comparison with the likes of Manchester City or Southampton, who also achieved double promotions really doesn''t do justice to this ''past'' regime. In regard to the former the game was a different beast at the time, the disparity between top and bottom was altogether very different, far more conducive to the success of the underdog; whilst Southampton have such massive funding behind their own success that never really had them as an underdog amongst the lower leagues anyway.Getting a Peterborough reject to become the best in his respective position in League One, then the Championship, and look at home in the Premier League, and a striker once a defender Workington, to cause so much havoc in the highest echolons of football so as to compete for a spot in the England squad, amongst other things show how truly talented a manager he is.Never by our will shall he leave, only by his own. Least that is how it should be.An artisan of the highest callibre in the modern era of football.And shall i see the new manager splash his budget on a Premier League reject; much as too many a Norwich City fan i care to mention wanted, against the ''no hopers'' of the lower leaues that captured Lamberts focus; i will fear the worst.Truly unique is what has happened in Norwich over these past three years, and unsurprisingly i can only see Culverhouse as a truly worthy successor to the great man. We need as much of this regime as it has to offer as we can.

According to many sources, Norwich have turned down his resignation so at least that means a hefty compensation fee, who knows that could pay for a player who scores the winner against Villa sending them down