Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

What happens to Lambert

If Aston Villa do not offer him the job. Would Norwich let him carry on as if nothing has happened or would they tell him to poke it. Would be really funny if he ended up with no job at all!!

No it really wouldn''t.I would like to think we could all be adult about it.

I''d like to think we could think mature about it.

But I realistically can''t see any way back for him here in terms of what has unfolded.

To be honest I''d be surprised if it''s not confirmed soon.

He gets the Villa job.  Transforms the team and leads them to the brink of champions league football, picking up a few tasty scalps on the way.  Then in 2/3 years time when Fergie calls it a day he gets the big big job he deserves.

The bloke is pure class.  Why would anyone have any reason to think he would fail.  I wish him the best of luck.

Won''t except his resignation simply because there''ll be a large compensation payment coming our way from Villa should they offer him the job. Believe it''s just going to be a matter of time and money before he goes. Still he''s done a great job here, got us back in the Prem and for that we should be thankful.

The reason we haven''t accepted his resignation is so that he can come back if he, or Villa, decide not to go ahead. It''s basically McNally''s way of giving him permission to speak to them.

He knows he''s a shoe-in for the Villa job. His agent will have spoken to Villa and he wouldn''t have resigned without some very strong assurances from them, IMO.

The only issue that really remains to be resolved is what compensation we get

I read somewhere that compensation was ''only'' £1m? It is a rolling contract after all