Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

why it has to be Hughton.....

Hughton or Holloway for me. I am sure that the players would really love to play for either of them. Either of them would have a good knoweldge of players to sign to take us to the next stage.

People saying Malky would be a "sentimental" choice - do you think McNally/Bowkett etc. would select a  new manager on sentimental reasons?  The "give it to Gunny" era is thankfully long gone and if Mackay gets it then it''s because he is the best candidate as judged by the people who picked Paul Lambert.

I''d probably go for Hughton as first choice, but Malky would absolutely be up there too and I''m not sure why some people are intent on belittling his achievements at Cardiff this season (playoffs + cup final is at least equal to Hughton, surely). I am also rather bemused as to why his previous connection to the club is counted as a negative with some, seemingly based on Gunn who had no management or coaching pedigree at all.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And if it''s Ian Holloway then I''m switching to Aston Villa myself.[/quote]Why?[/quote]Because his "comedy yokel" act would give the media 1,001 stereotypes to play with. Because I don''t think he can organise a team defensively.  Because I don''t think his transfer dealings stand up to scrutiny.  And frankly he comes across as a bit of a tw*t.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And if it''s Ian Holloway then I''m switching to Aston Villa myself.[/quote]Why?[/quote]Because his "comedy yokel" act would give the media 1,001 stereotypes to play with. Because I don''t think he can organise a team defensively.  Because I don''t think his transfer dealings stand up to scrutiny.  And frankly he comes across as a bit of a tw*t.[/quote]He has stopped doing the funny man act. His transfer dealings are amazing considering that he only has peanuts to sign players. He is a top bloke that has 3 deaf children to cope with. Players love him and try their best for him.

I think you are right on your comments re Malky not as good as Lambert but i think Hughton has had much more ex at higher levels than Lambert has had and will ever have .Remember  Lambert he has only had one term in the prem and had it not been for a couple of  unexpected results we could have  well been in a  religation battle  .I think it was the time for Lambert to go as he did not fancy his chances next season  and was scared of running out of luck so got out while the going is good . Never mind whoever takes over will give us the fresh drive we need to push on which we will .The club was getting a little up tight prior to the last few matches suggesting some thing was not right within the club so many comments being made about certain players .

I honestly think that if McNasty gets this appointment right, we might actually be better off than we were with Lambert. There were aspects of Lambert''s teams that were a bit disconcerting towards the end, particularly the inability to keep clean sheets.I bet there are a lot of people would love to be managing City now.

If Lambert thought he had taken Norwich as far as he could then now is a

good time to be getting in someone who can take us to the next level.A bit self delusional I know but there is a hint of logic in there somewhere!   Hughton is that man for me!

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And if it''s Ian Holloway then I''m switching to Aston Villa myself.[/quote]Why?[/quote]Because his "comedy yokel" act would give the media 1,001 stereotypes to play with. Because I don''t think he can organise a team defensively.  Because I don''t think his transfer dealings stand up to scrutiny.  And frankly he comes across as a bit of a tw*t.[/quote]He has stopped doing the funny man act. His transfer dealings are amazing considering that he only has peanuts to sign players. He is a top bloke that has 3 deaf children to cope with. Players love him and try their best for him.[/quote]I wasn''t aware of that, but what the hell has that got to do with his suitability to manage NCFC?  And no, I don''t agree with you on the other points.

Hughton is the man for the job without a doubt ive said it from day one. Holloway is a decent manager but his football is too attack minded. I think the league will be a lot more competative this season coming up qpr will spend big as will the saints reading and West ham it really is going to be tough. I''ll be very interested to see how swansea play this season. all it takes is a slow start and we could be playing catch up so the sooner the new managers in and we can get the players he feels we need the better. Its also going to be interesting to see what the new manager can get out of players like Crofts johnson possibly Chris martin maybe Lambert was quite short sighted with some of the players weve got. Its definatly going to  be an intresting season put it that way

My top 3 are:

1.Chris Hughton

2. Gus Poyet

3. Lee Clark

Hughton is a great coach – with Culverhouse gone, we’re going to need some serious talent out on the grass at Colney. He commands respect and seems a thoroughly decent bloke who may just hang around for a while if we want him to. As well as being good for the players, I think he’d be an excellent fit with the board, the fans & the media.

I must admit I was gobsmacked when the owner of Newcastle fired him when they were doing so well; he has unfinished business in the Prem – a powerful motivational factor.He represents a great package to me.

PS: I understand he didn''t get the WBA job last time around because he wanted to bring his coaching team with him. Right now we have vacancies for first team coaches too!...

[quote user="First Wizard"]Hughton would be just another Roeder imo, there''s a reason he''s in the Championship.[/quote]

Thankfully there are very few people anything like Glenn Roeder who is brusque, rude, self-opinionated and devoid of empathy. Surely that''s the polar extreme of Chris Hughton?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]People saying Malky would be a "sentimental" choice - do you think McNally/Bowkett etc. would select a  new manager on sentimental reasons?  The "give it to Gunny" era is thankfully long gone and if Mackay gets it then it''s because he is the best candidate as judged by the people who picked Paul Lambert.

[/quote]

You''re right, I''m certain McNally/Bowkett etc wouldn''t choose Mackay for sentimental reasons, but if they do opt for the latter I for one would seriously question their reasoning.What has Mackay achieved in his managerial career thus far that Holloway hasn''t?

As someone who has plumped for Poyet I think Jas makes an excellent case for Hughton. My doubt would be him being sacked by Newcastle. From the outside it looked a crazy decision, but was it? I don''t know. I am just asking the question. Did Ashley see something (a lack of toughness possibly?) missing in his make-up? After all replacing Hughton with Pardew actually turned out pretty well.

Does anyone remember who the favourite was for the norwich job when gunn got sacked? im pretty sure no one suggested lambert, and i bet most were a little perplexed when he got the job. My first reaction was why?what has he done to deserve the job? but it worked out ok in the end. so maybe there will be another manager we arent so aware of. i personally want hughton,

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"]People saying Malky would be a "sentimental" choice - do you think McNally/Bowkett etc. would select a  new manager on sentimental reasons?  The "give it to Gunny" era is thankfully long gone and if Mackay gets it then it''s because he is the best candidate as judged by the people who picked Paul Lambert.

[/quote]

You''re right, I''m certain McNally/Bowkett etc wouldn''t choose Mackay for sentimental reasons, but if they do opt for the latter I for one would seriously question their reasoning.What has Mackay achieved in his managerial career thus far that Holloway hasn''t?[/quote]Avoiding relegation via kamikaze formation.