Sign in to follow this  
NCFCPaul

All time Premier League table

Ok so its only since the Premier League began, but for those interested the all time table is here

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/index.by-season.html?season=ALL_SEASONS

Above Ipswich after our great season, having played the same number of games. Nothing major but shows whos really been on top in the last 20 years!

Good stuff.

Nb. Look where Villa are.[:(]

So-called ''second season syndrome'' has only hit five clubs since the Prem. began and the same amount went down in their first season.

We crept ahead of our friends down the road, a little delight there.

I seem to remember Swindon''s brief excursion and it must have been early days as there were two more teams in the league then.

On this matter, I personally would now like to see another team added to the Prem. Forty games sounds OK to me. Another home fixture, maybe even a rare night time game (did we have just one last year, a cup game?) as there was always something special about a game on a tuesday night. It would also mean more income from another gate and potential TV exposure.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Good stuff.

So-called ''second season syndrome'' has only hit five clubs since the Prem. began and the same amount went down in their first season.

I seem to remember Swindon''s brief excursion and it must have been early days as there were two more teams in the league then.

On this matter, I personally would now like to see another team added to the Prem. Forty games sounds OK to me. Another home fixture, maybe even a rare night time game (did we have just one last year, a cup game?) as there was always something special about a game on a tuesday night. It would also mean more income from another gate and potential TV exposure.

[/quote]Swindon were in the Prem for the inaugural season.There is not a chance that the Prem will expand beyond 20 teams, Platini wants to see it reduced to 16 if I remember right so the FA are already going against UEFAs wishes.  An addition to the league would really be a slap in the face.

Hmmm.

To be honest I don''t like the way that has been done. It''s on points rather than average league position etc. So its effected more by ability to stay in the league as compared to say Leeds in their heights when they got Champions league etc.

Some teams have stayed in the premiership a long while without really doing much to deserve to - Wigan for example.

Isn''t it strange seeing Bradford & Oldham Athletic in that table? Do their fans still yern for a return to the Premier League or have they accepted that a different financial scew makes it very difficult for these clubs now?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Good stuff.

[/quote]Yep that''s why it''s a myth, it only caught on because it sounds like catchy buzz phrase journos can use I reckon.

"On this matter, I personally would now like to see another team added to the Prem"would that not mean one team missing a game every weekPersonally I would be happy to see 16 teams if it meant ManU/City, Arsenal and Chelsea far ken off and playing elsewhere - in fact let them go and allow four more others inotherwise the league is in danger of slowly becoming a ''zombie league'' like the Scottish Premier League

[quote user="NCFCPaul"]Ok so its only since the Premier League began, but for those interested the all time table is here http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/index.by-season.html?season=ALL_SEASONS Above Ipswich after our great season, having played the same number of games. Nothing major but shows whos really been on top in the last 20 years![/quote]

Good post that man

Having got my trusty abacus out, I did some analysis, based on average points per game, the outcome gives some interesting stats....(Only teams who have spent more than 1 season in the Premeirship)

1 - Man Utd - 2.15 points per game - only team above 2 points per game (1st - as per Club Index rating)

2 - Arsenal - 1.88 (2nd)

3 - Chelsea - 1.82 (3rd)

4 - Liverpool - 1.73 (4th)

5 - Leeds - 1.48 (12th)

6 - Newcastle - 1.47 (8th)

7 - Aston Villa - 1.41 (5th)

8 - Spurs - 1.41 (6th)

9 - Blackburn - 1.39 (9th)

10 - Man City - 1.35 (10th)

11 - Everton - 1.34 (7th)

12 - QPR - 1.25 (27th)

13 - Sheff Weds - 1.24 (19th)

14 - West Ham - 1.24 (11th)

15 - Wimbledon - 1.24 (20th)

16 - NORWICH CITY - 1.23 (28th)

17 - Fulham - 1.22 (16th)

18 - Notts Forest - 1.21 (29th)

19 - Stoke - 1.2 (32nd)

20 - Reading - 1.2 (36th)

All the other 25 teams averaged less than 1.2 points per game

5 teams managed less than 1 point per game:

West Brom - 0.95 (31st)

Wolves - 0.89 (34th)

Hull - 0.85 (38th)

Bradford - 0.82 (39th)

Watford - 0.68 (40th)

So, based on a points per game average, we can legitimately claim a top 20 place in the all time Premier League Table [:D]

All time table for the Top Division!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/all-time-table/full

Providing the scum don''t get promoted, only another four more years of 50 points a season until we overtake them.