Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

4 more bleeding changes!!!

why does Lambert change the team so much!!! It is costing us dearly in that it takes the players too long to adjust to new formations/ faces each week!! He really should go with a settled side for the last 7 games!!!

I hope I am right in saying this, then if not, I am more than a bit surprised by the changes - Perhaps Lambert knows tht realistically we aren''t going to get relegated and he is therefore trying out something different in a competitive match to perhaps give him some ideas and info for next season.  The problem would come if Lambert keeps changing things and results over the remaining games are poor and then we may be a team starting next season low on confidence in poor form.

It''s all if''s and but''s though and Lambert had to change things re Holt.  If Holt hadn''t been sent off I''m sure he would have started.

I agree with you to a point slim BUT he also knows what players he will retain so should be making those the core of the team!!!

It''s worked so far this season, look where we are in the league.

How can other teams prepare for Norwich if they don''t know who or how we are going to play?

by playing exactly the same 11 week you become 1 dimensional and predictable... teams would suss us out through scouting.by changing the side you reduce the risk of injury to key players, keep players fresh and vitally can spring tactical suprises and play different formations...4-4-2 and the same 11 for 50 games only works on football manager 2012.

[quote user="baldyboy"]why does Lambert change the team so much!!! It is costing us dearly in that it takes the players too long to adjust to new formations/ faces each week!! He really should go with a settled side for the last 7 games!!![/quote]He changed the team to suit the tactics and ability of the other team, Lambert has always done this and his (and the players) tactical flexibility is something I am immensely proud of. His approach to football is intelligent and methodical and should be praised. He is going to mess up occasionally, and play the wrong players chose the wrong tactics etc. It''s up to him to change these at half time and get the result, something Lambert has been immensely good at since his time in charge.   

I am not saying play the same team but 5 changes last week 4 this, thats getting silly!!! The players dont even appear to know who is playing or the tactics so surely that cannot be right?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]by playing exactly the same 11 week you become 1 dimensional and predictable... teams would suss us out through scouting.
[/quote]

Very much like Swansea, who have beat Man City, Arsenal this season, but Norwich who change have beaten none of the big boys.

and that is so true Banana!!!! Most teams have a settled formation at least but this has changed several times this season!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]by playing exactly the same 11 week you become 1 dimensional and predictable... teams would suss us out through scouting.[/quote]

Very much like Swansea, who have beat Man City, Arsenal this season, but Norwich who change have beaten none of the big boys.

[/quote]That''s far, far too simplistic a view, Swansea did not just beat those sides because they played a settled eleven. In fact out of all the possible reasons they did, that has the least relevance. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]I am not saying play the same team but 5 changes last week 4 this, thats getting silly!!! The players dont even appear to know who is playing or the tactics so surely that cannot be right?[/quote]and of course they dont spend the week training on formation and personnel.do you know anything about what goes on in football.. or do the players just turn up on a saturday and play?Banana.. yet we have the number of points as Swansea and are in the same position... so clearly it doesnt matter..

[quote user="baldyboy"]and that is so true Banana!!!! Most teams have a settled formation at least but this has changed several times this season!!![/quote]Yes, Wolves, Bolton, QPR (after January) and the like all have settled formations...

Jas, I think my coaching qualification might say i do know something about football, you obviously didnt hear Fox last week when he said sometimes we dont know who is playing til the day of the game and we usually work on THREE different formations in training!!! thats why I say it cannot help the players!!! Surely you should work on ONE formation each week!! that is simple coaching methods!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Jas, I think my coaching qualification might say i do know something about football, you obviously didnt hear Fox last week when he said sometimes we dont know who is playing til the day of the game and we usually work on THREE different formations in training!!! thats why I say it cannot help the players!!! Surely you should work on ONE formation each week!! that is simple coaching methods!![/quote]so is having a plan B

[quote user="baldyboy"]Jas, I think my coaching qualification might say i do know something about football, you obviously didnt hear Fox last week when he said sometimes we dont know who is playing til the day of the game and we usually work on THREE different formations in training!!! thats why I say it cannot help the players!!! Surely you should work on ONE formation each week!! that is simple coaching methods!![/quote]Well for someone who doesn''t understand ''simple coaching methods'' Lambert has done really well for himself!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Jas, I think my coaching qualification might say i do know something about football[/quote]Diploma in Putting Out Cones?[:P]

We got to the top half of the table through rotation, no surprise we have kept doing it. You live by the sword etc.That said, I would still prefer less rotation, But then Lambert has guided us to two consecutive promotions, and Glenn Roeder missed my tenure as England manager.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Jas, I think my coaching qualification might say i do know something about football, you obviously didnt hear Fox last week when he said sometimes we dont know who is playing til the day of the game and we usually work on THREE different formations in training!!! thats why I say it cannot help the players!!! Surely you should work on ONE formation each week!! that is simple coaching methods!![/quote]

I think Lambert has a few more of them than you

The starting formation was baffling. No width, No support for the lone striker and no movement off the ball. Once the changes were made we looked quite good, Some decent passing and movement and we looked capable of creating chances. The wrong starting formation cost us dearly and we were fighting an uphill task after that. I still can''t get my head around playing 5 defenders and 1 up top against a team that have struggled in recent weeks and lost 3 on the trot without scoring a goal.

well e bennett did not have the best of games last week (ok), naughton was preferred at wing back over lappin, (perhaps harsh but understandable), jackson did not have the most productive game either (ok) and holt gave himself the week off.

On that basis the changes seem reasonable.

3-6-1 did cause the midfielder problems - esp for the diamond 4 in the middle who seemed to lack an understanding of their role, give is 6 months for lamnbert and when this 4 have their movement sorted it really could be barcelona-esque though as they can all use the ball well.

The key will a back three of bennett, ayala and whitbread with naughton right wing back and pilkington left. with holt up front it could be a joy to behold

ps lambert is a visionary - try to see what he thinks can be possible... it could be a revolutionary revelation

I would also point to this thread, where I think every contributor praised Lambert and Norwich for their flexibility having just outplayed the ''One-Dimensional'' Swansea. Not saying either approach is right, but we seem more than happy to praise our flexibility when we win, but crticize it when we lose. http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2679242/ShowPost.aspx

Indeed Trent and we just lost 2-1 at Fulham. It''s always disappointing to lose but come on. Are we really so good that Lambert must have got it wrong if we lost there? If Jackson hadn''t scored at the end of added time in the home game Fulham would have doubled us!