Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Lambert looked and sounded angry on CW today.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

Wiz, it would appear that you are positively salivatng at the thought of Lambert''s departure from Norwich, whenever that maybe.

I am sure that it will make your day and that of quite a few other Norwich fans when it happens-thats certainly the impression I get!

No doubt that, when he does move on, it''ll be "Delia''s fault"?

Over and over again, every month, every year, the same old mantra, the same old accusation, "the club aren''t showing any ambition".

Ambition to achieve what? To win the Premier League? To qualify for the Champions League?

Why is ambition always defined by the type of footballers that a club looks to sign-"hey, we must be ambitions, we''ve bid £15 Milllion for so-and-so".

Has everyone forgotten what happened to Leeds United? How much better off, as a club, are we than they, in every conceivable situation and aspect. Bit hey, they "showed ambition" didn''t they, maybe we should look to emulate them, screw the consequences, at least we''ll be ambitious, we might not win anything, but its ambitious bla bla bla frickin'' bla....

Where is the idiot who wants to "invest" in NCFC and plough tens of millions into the club, where are they? They''re beating the door down aren''t they, waving cheques in the air, making bigger and bigger offers for the club and being, constantly, rebuffed and refused by the current owners. For shame.

Whatever you are wanting, the club can''t afford it. The end.

PL will move on one day, I would hope that when he does, its with all our thanks and best wishes and that, when he first returns here as an opposing Manager, we raise the roof and give him a standing ovation-and then we move on and look forward...I rather fear, however, for many, it will be an excuse to light the flaming torches and erect a gibbit or two in the car park.

We can''t speculate to accumulate, if anything, we need to accumulate to speculate. Our chance will come only when football sees sense in this country and starts to re-organise itself on a fair and equitable footing for all clubs-which might only happen when a few of the bigger clubs do go out of existence. I''d rather we weren''t one of them, right now, its highly unlikely we will and I''d rather the finances kept it that way, rather than being peed up a wall on some mercenary player out for his next signing on fee and shagging and partying stop...

[/quote]

You are so so wrong about me Shack, as was the arsehole who thinks I''m a scum fan.

I''m still suffering the sheer gut punch of O''Neils departure (that was about transfers too!) and mistrust of the board runs deep with me.

Smith and Jones (now aided by pal small Fry) have not changed their spots overnight, prudence will always be their mantra....even at the cost of best ever manager

[/quote]

Sorry Shack, I meant Old Shuck. [:$]

Judging by the inflated price of Championship players, it would make sense to look overseas, towards Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium or Eastern Europe (Poland, Croatia, Hungary), where Lambert''s money could go further. On this forum I had a shout about Marko Futacs (Portsmouth) while someone else recommended Wolski from Legia Warsaw. It would be interesting to find out more about who were the actual targets (of course after the window closes).

I agree with everything Old Shuck wrote. Everything registered with my opinion and thoughts.

How can you possibly be so anti Delia. She has a life to lead outside of football (successfully) and has, over the years, been a marvellous benefector to this club. Maybe she isn''t an Abramovich, but I personally am content with that. They have an anonymous figure at our beloved Town who fails to come up with the expected money, I would rather have a passionate pissed-up Delia any day.

Stephen Fry, marmite man, hasn''t done anything wrong, so why pick on him? Seems a bit predjudised really.

It was easy to be anti a two or three seasons ago, but nowadays it goes against the grain. Back to Old Shuck''s post, I suppose.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Judging by the inflated price of Championship players, it would make sense to look overseas, towards Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium or Eastern Europe (Poland, Croatia, Hungary), where Lambert''s money could go further. On this forum I had a shout about Marko Futacs (Portsmouth) while someone else recommended Wolski from Legia Warsaw. It would be interesting to find out more about who were the actual targets (of course after the window closes).[/quote]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Judging by the inflated price of Championship players, it would make sense to look overseas, towards Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium or Eastern Europe (Poland, Croatia, Hungary), where Lambert''s money could go further. On this forum I had a shout about Marko Futacs (Portsmouth) while someone else recommended Wolski from Legia Warsaw. It would be interesting to find out more about who were the actual targets (of course after the window closes).
[/quote]

I''ll try again*

Lambert touched on this in the interview, he said that the Club is not set up properly to get the right results from overseas scouting (another problem with rising up the leagues so fast).

* - Mods, how about bringing this bloody forum into the 21st Century?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Stephen Fry, marmite man, hasn''t done anything wrong, so why pick on him? Seems a bit predjudised really.

[/quote]

Wiz wears his homophobic badge right next to the misogynist one.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Judging by the inflated price of Championship players, it would make sense to look overseas, towards Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium or Eastern Europe (Poland, Croatia, Hungary), where Lambert''s money could go further. On this forum I had a shout about Marko Futacs (Portsmouth) while someone else recommended Wolski from Legia Warsaw. It would be interesting to find out more about who were the actual targets (of course after the window closes).
[/quote]

I''ll try again*

Lambert touched on this in the interview, he said that the Club is not set up properly to get the right results from overseas scouting (another problem with rising up the leagues so fast).

* - Mods, how about bringing this bloody forum into the 21st Century?

[/quote]

When we signed Ewan Chester as chief scout it was said his particular skill was setting up a scouting network, including abroad:

Norwich manager Paul Lambert told the Canaries'' website: "He''s got excellent connections throughout Britain and Europe, which will be a real plus."

It seems a bit unclear as to what has happened with Chester''s career recently, but based on what Lambert said yesterday it seems Chester didn''t have time, or wasn''t able, to set up the kind of continental network for which in part we hired him.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot![IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/you-fool-038.gif[/IMG]

In football terms Smith Jones and Fry are paupers, thats my gripe and nothing more.. .. so be careful with your nasty minded accusations.

And if Fry is so proud of us, how come on any TV appearence of his not even a City pin badge or tie is ever on show?.. he blanks us media wise.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot![IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/you-fool-038.gif[/IMG]

In football terms Smith Jones and Fry are paupers, thats my gripe and nothing more.. .. so be careful with your nasty minded accusations.

And if Fry is so proud of us, how come on any TV appearence of his not even a City pin badge or tie is ever on show?.. he blanks us media wise.

[/quote]

Apart from on Twitter, which Fry is pretty well known for. He quite often tweets about Norwich, he even has a Norwich badge on his profile image.

Wiz, I would normally try and defend you when people on here are critical, but I really think your opinions on Smith and co (Which shouldn''t even include Fry, he''s not actually really involved in anything, he''s a Norwich fan and has been brought in for a little bit of media promotion, thats it) is way over the top.

Delia Smith is a Norwich fan, she quite clearly wants what''s best for the club. Paul Lambert is not complaining about a lack of funds, and anyway how can he expect any more funds? He would have been told what he''s getting, and thats that. He''s angry because he can''t get the players he wanted too, he''s finally facing a tough transfer window after 4 pretty successful ones for him, its got nothing to do with backing from the board, your completely making that up because you have a strange dislike of the board.

I am delighted we have a proper Norwich fan in charge of the club, yes it would be nice if she were a little richer, but until someone comes along that actually wants the best for the club, I''m more than happy to stick with her. Fernandes (who you mentioned in a post yesterday I think), is quite clearly not really interested in QPR for football reasons, he just wants success, money, reputation. QPR could win everything for 5 years in a row, and all he would care about is his reputation and income, would have been exactly the same here, and I doubt he even really had a serious interest in the club.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Wrong button again, and no edit of this lousy board.

Why should Fry wear NCFC stuff on him when he has a TV appearance to concern himself with? Like Delia, he has a life to lead and he''s probably more concerned with that than us geeks who seem to sit on this board all the time.

His support is enough for me. It may well fructify some day.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Apart from on Twitter, which Fry is pretty well known for. He quite often tweets about Norwich, he even has a Norwich badge on his profile image. Wiz, I would normally try and defend you when people on here are critical, but I really think your opinions on Smith and co (Which shouldn''t even include Fry, he''s not actually really involved in anything, he''s a Norwich fan and has been brought in for a little bit of media promotion, thats it) is way over the top. Delia Smith is a Norwich fan, she quite clearly wants what''s best for the club. Paul Lambert is not complaining about a lack of funds, and anyway how can he expect any more funds? He would have been told what he''s getting, and thats that. He''s angry because he can''t get the players he wanted too, he''s finally facing a tough transfer window after 4 pretty successful ones for him, its got nothing to do with backing from the board, your completely making that up because you have a strange dislike of the board. I am delighted we have a proper Norwich fan in charge of the club, yes it would be nice if she were a little richer, but until someone comes along that actually wants the best for the club, I''m more than happy to stick with her. Fernandes (who you mentioned in a post yesterday I think), is quite clearly not really interested in QPR for football reasons, he just wants success, money, reputation. QPR could win everything for 5 years in a row, and all he would care about is his reputation and income, would have been exactly the same here, and I doubt he even really had a serious interest in the club.[/quote]

He''s a director ffs GP, he votes on major issues too, using your arguement every City fan should be a director.

Apart from twitting he brings little to the club imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not just paupers but proof if it were needed that the ''core'' of NCFC remains faffy, weak and hopelessly naive.Take Paul Lambert out of the equasion and we''d still be languishing in Division Three. Smith and Co. have had the luck of the devil of late and sooner or later that luck will run out.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Apart from on Twitter, which Fry is pretty well known for. He quite often tweets about Norwich, he even has a Norwich badge on his profile image. Wiz, I would normally try and defend you when people on here are critical, but I really think your opinions on Smith and co (Which shouldn''t even include Fry, he''s not actually really involved in anything, he''s a Norwich fan and has been brought in for a little bit of media promotion, thats it) is way over the top. Delia Smith is a Norwich fan, she quite clearly wants what''s best for the club. Paul Lambert is not complaining about a lack of funds, and anyway how can he expect any more funds? He would have been told what he''s getting, and thats that. He''s angry because he can''t get the players he wanted too, he''s finally facing a tough transfer window after 4 pretty successful ones for him, its got nothing to do with backing from the board, your completely making that up because you have a strange dislike of the board. I am delighted we have a proper Norwich fan in charge of the club, yes it would be nice if she were a little richer, but until someone comes along that actually wants the best for the club, I''m more than happy to stick with her. Fernandes (who you mentioned in a post yesterday I think), is quite clearly not really interested in QPR for football reasons, he just wants success, money, reputation. QPR could win everything for 5 years in a row, and all he would care about is his reputation and income, would have been exactly the same here, and I doubt he even really had a serious interest in the club.[/quote]

He''s a director ffs GP, he votes on major issues too, using your arguement every City fan should be a director.

Apart from twitting he brings little to the club imo.

[/quote]Well I''m sure he brings more to the Club than you do!  As for your

constant gripings about our monetary situation and the Smith/Jones pauper

status.  Why not go and ask a Darlington fan if they would have

preferred prudent financial mangement with a diehard fan in charge or the current situation they find themselves in.  For once in your life get real! Just over two seasons ago we nearly didn''t have any sort of club.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Your posting history suggests otherwise. Your acid comments are almost exclusively reserved for DS or SF, the other Directors hardly get a mention, is that because they are heterosexual males?

He gets one vote, but if someone like McNally or Bowkett told him what to vote for, thats probably what he would do.

What else is he supposed to bring to the club? The fact he''s even involved is a great thing, people like Stephen Fry, he gets shown at Norwich games on Tv (Fairly sure they showed him on MOTD at the Fulham game), he has an influence. It may not be great, it may never lead to anything other than a few people liking Norwich a bit more because Fry supports them.

I know its your opinion Wiz, but I just don''t understand how you can get so upset/annoyed what ever it is your felling. Were doing great, it may not have all been smooth sailing under Delia and co, but were back in the premiership, have great leadership in Bowkett and McNally, have a great manager, a great team to watch. Enough money to get by on. Some teams have to have less, we are one of those teams. I''m absolutely delighted to be a Norwich fan, especially at the moment, we all sat through a couple of poor seasons under Grant, Roeder, Gunn etc, but were back on top and doing brilliantly. I just don''t see how you can get so upset about something so minor.

If Lambert does leave citing lack of backing from the board, then I will apologise to you, but I think were a long way from that happening.

Can you not see how many fans, managers, boards get frustrated during the January transfer window? You only have to look back to last year too see the two biggest waste of money transfers you''ll ever see in Carroll and Torres. Jan brings over inflated prices, panic buying. Teams doing well don''t want to sell their stars, so put the price up, during the off-season its not as big a deal, they can replace them will less lasting effect. We need to sign quality players, that probably means first team ''stars'' it doesn''t matter if Lambert has £2 million or £10 million to spend, they are going to cost more than Lambert wants or has to spend. Either way, I just don''t see how you can blame the board. Just try and sit back a little, let everything play out. Lambert is happy here, he has a great set up, has potentially as long as he wants here because of what (and how) he''s achieved. If he wasn''t getting backing, i''m sure he would say something, to get the fans on his side.

[quote user="missing warden"]All managers want money for transfers. Something''s gotta give. Let''s hope it''s not Lambert.
[/quote]

WTF? I bet you stayed in bed all day yesterday, "just in case". What are you so worried about? We currently sit 9th in the EPL, Lambert is on a good whack for the work he has done, the transfer window is not closed, we have players returning from injury soon and the fans idolise him. Now tell me why you think there is the slightest possibility he might leave?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I agree with everything Old Shuck wrote. Everything registered with my opinion and thoughts.

How can you possibly be so anti Delia. She has a life to lead outside of football (successfully) and has, over the years, been a marvellous benefector to this club. Maybe she isn''t an Abramovich, but I personally am content with that. They have an anonymous figure at our beloved Town who fails to come up with the expected money, I would rather have a passionate pissed-up Delia any day.

It was easy to be anti a two or three seasons ago, but nowadays it goes against the grain. Back to Old Shuck''s post, I suppose.

[/quote]Marcus Evans invested a substantial amount of money at Ipswich, but unfortunately for them allowed poor managers to spend it for him.Similarities with what happened here for many years prior to McNally and Lambert?

[quote user="Dick of PH Rag"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Marcus Evans invested a substantial amount of money at Ipswich, but unfortunately for them allowed poor managers to spend it for him.

Similarities with what happened here for many years prior to McNally and Lambert?
[/quote]

Really?

That''s a very interesting comparison.

Time I tell I guess.

But I would have thought Evans would have zero chance of attracting anyone of the calibre of McNally or Lambert to his godforsaken club.

Where''s Bluumike these days. Maybe he could shed some light.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dick of PH Rag"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Marcus Evans invested a substantial amount of money at Ipswich, but unfortunately for them allowed poor managers to spend it for him.Similarities with what happened here for many years prior to McNally and Lambert?[/quote]

Really?

Time I tell I guess.

But I would have thought Evans would have zero chance of attracting anyone of the calibre of McNally or Lambert to his godforsaken club.

[/quote]And City were such a great prospect when luring Lambert away from Colchester?City got lucky this time while Ipswich haven''t. I seem to remember though that Ramsay and Robson did wonders at Portman Road while we were languishing amongst the also rans.Things could change very quickly and crowing about a manager (no doubt) soon to move on is very foolish indeed.

[quote user="A. Purist."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dick of PH Rag"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

Marcus Evans invested a substantial amount of money at Ipswich, but unfortunately for them allowed poor managers to spend it for him.

Similarities with what happened here for many years prior to McNally and Lambert?
[/quote]

Really?

Time I tell I guess.

[/quote]

And City were such a great prospect when luring Lambert away from Colchester?

City got lucky this time while Ipswich haven''t. I seem to remember though that Ramsay and Robson did wonders at Portman Road while we were languishing amongst the also rans.

Things could change very quickly and crowing about a manager (no doubt) soon to move on is very foolish indeed.
[/quote]

Are you Bluemike? Or maybe related to him?

There''s a huge difference between our club and that lot down the road. The likes of you and Bluemike wouldn''t understand. We haven''t had hundreds of thousands of pounds turn up in the underworld whilst we ripped off the local community. We don''t take the easy option when things go wrong without a care to the people who are the clubs lifeblood. We recover in the right way which is why everyone in football respects our club and it''s owners.

You''d probably work for them but people with the integrity of McNally and Lambert wouldn''t.

My disrespect of here goes way back to Jimmy Jones left standing in the carpark while her and the then board, snubbed him, also as part of the clan stabbing Mike Walker in the back and sacking him, shortly after his wifes death.

Fry, I despise as a person and convicted criminal, and not for homophobic reasons as some may think.

Bowkett and McNally have my total respect, clear?

He realises how far he could take City if the board could be persuaded to show a bit of ambition. He must be in a very strong bargaining position with the board - can you imagine the storm of protests form fans if he were to leave over disagreements over investment into the squad?

Am I the only one here who believes the board, Lambert and the fans are all on the same side?

Why do people continually try  to portray the board as a group of people who don''t want the club to be successful?

I think they presume our club must be run the same as their grubby little tax loss

Whilst I can understand that fans want us to buy players, I do not understand  why assumptions/conclusions are being drawn as to the reasons why if we do not buy anybody. The simple fact of the matter is that the moment we got promoted to the Premiership our sole aim was survival, but not survival at any cost, you only have to look at teams such as Bolton and Portsmouth to see what happens if yoiu pursue Premiership survival at any cost, massive debts, relegation and fiancial meltdown that could result in these teams going out of existence. The route that the club and Paul Lambert is the right one, get players in if we can but they have to be the right players rather than getting in players for the sake of it. We cannot compete financially with the majority of the Premiership teams or we are not preapred to compete if that puts the very existence of the club in doubt. I have said it before and I will say it again if we became a Championship/Premiership "yo yo" team I would not have an issue with that, my priority as a life long Norwich City fan is the existence of Norwich City FC. I am not suggesting for one minute that we will get relegated this year, I have every confidence in Paul Lambert keeping us up, I also personally believe that Paul lambert has the money and the backing of the club, we just need to accept that we are not in the position to spend huge amounts on transfer fees/wages.

Another three points today, OTBC!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Am I the only one here who believes the board, Lambert and the fans are all on the same side?

Why do people continually try  to portray the board as a group of people who don''t want the club to be successful?

[/quote]

I think most people (bar Wiz of course) think that nutty.

I think some owners/boards are in it for other reasons, but ours aren''t. Delia may not be all that rich, but she certainly to me at least, appears to put a lot of her time and money into this club, she is clearly as passionate supporter as any other. What Wiz is doing by making the board sound like they aren''t back Lambert, is pretty much the same as if he had said the fans aren''t backing the team.. We all know, each and every Norwich fan wants us to win as much as possible, the board want the same.