Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Ed Balls wearing a Norwich scarf today

Sorry Ron, I obviously didn''t make it clear - the comments were directed at A Purist!

My views are far from simplistic - If I were to go into great depth on everything then I''d be here all night typing. I totally agree with what you say about implementation of poverty alleviation, with regards to corruption, it''s one of the most significant problems that has plagued development through external funding constantly since the inception of it.

Apologies KIO! I get a bit touchy when I think somebody''s accusing me of lack of empathy. I think it''s guilt really; why the feck am I sitting here, typing rubbish on a footie MB, when little children are suffering.

As you say, the topic rapidly becomes so vast you could spend forever debating it without getting any nearer a solution.

Purple, I don''t know if you''ve read ''The Open Society & Its Enemies'' by Karl Popper, but he made me realise the reasons why good institutions are so important. It''s a bloody long read though!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Apologies KIO! I get a bit touchy when I think somebody''s accusing me of lack of empathy. I think it''s guilt really; why the feck am I sitting here, typing rubbish on a footie MB, when little children are suffering. As you say, the topic rapidly becomes so vast you could spend forever debating it without getting any nearer a solution. Purple, I don''t know if you''ve read ''The Open Society & Its Enemies'' by Karl Popper, but he made me realise the reasons why good institutions are so important. It''s a bloody long read though![/quote]

I haven''t Ron, but I will look it up. I will just add that all the -isms that have been discredited over the centuries, the Social Darwinism advocated here by the Purist among us is about as discredited as it is possible to be.

All of this because Ed Balls wore his Norwich scarf!

Good job he didn''t address the Fabian Society dressed in a full home kit, yellow and green wig and bling singing ''Just Can''t Get Enough!''

That would have caused a political debate of truly seismic proportions.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Apologies KIO! I get a bit touchy when I think somebody''s accusing me of lack of empathy. I think it''s guilt really; why the feck am I sitting here, typing rubbish on a footie MB, when little children are suffering. As you say, the topic rapidly becomes so vast you could spend forever debating it without getting any nearer a solution. Purple, I don''t know if you''ve read ''The Open Society & Its Enemies'' by Karl Popper, but he made me realise the reasons why good institutions are so important. It''s a bloody long read though![/quote]

I haven''t Ron, but I will look it up. I will just add that all the -isms that have been discredited over the centuries, the Social Darwinism advocated here by the Purist among us is about as discredited as it is possible to be.

[/quote]Social Darwinism my arse... it''s just the law of the jungle.Pontificate at will... but the reality is that we remain competitive animals no matter what colour our font may be... which I may add is in itself an attempt to make yourself appear superior to the ordinary black font users among us.Doesn''t rub with me however.

You weren''t there then Rude Old? It was a helluva night! Wish he''d have kept his clothes on though. As for that poor sheep ...

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

All of this because Ed Balls wore his Norwich scarf!

Good job he didn''t address the Fabian Society dressed in a full home kit, yellow and green wig and bling singing ''Just Can''t Get Enough!''

That would have caused a political debate of truly seismic proportions.

[/quote]Although nothing compared to what would happen if Delia turned up at a match without hers........[:D]

[quote user="canarydan23"]More to the point, why are there Tory voters posting here? This is a Football forum for Football fans. Isn''t there some Rugby you can follow? Leave Football to the underpaid, overworked, exploited classes.

We have to put up with you swanning round our offices and factories in your expensive suits, paid for by our labour, we don''t want to have to see you at our football stadiums as well.[/quote]Did you not realise that football is no longer for the working classes? Many of our well known posters on here vote Conservative.

Is A. Purist Cluck''s new moniker? If so then absolutely nothing he has written in this thread surprises me. I always thought he was a tosser!

I remember KIO regaling us at great length a couple or so years ago about how his body was born/domiciled in England, but his heart and footballing allegiance belonged to Poland.

Now he ought to feel as isolated on international days as an Ipswich Town supporter tiptoeing through Norwich marketplace with lips sealed. But I bet he doesn''t. And that''s part of the problem. Good job old KIO  hasn''t been selected by England, I reckon.......

Politics? I''ve seen enough from SuperMac through to Cameron to know that I''m now straight down the middle - and that the only issue really is the economy, because without a booming or, at least, growing economy anything else is not attainable or sustainable.........

Economics and Philosophy? A competitive meritocracy............

The practical solution? Hold your nose & vote ''conservative'' - then  pray.

Hic!

[B]

OTBC

[quote user="The Iron Lady"][quote user="canarydan23"]More to the point, why are there Tory voters posting here? This is a Football forum for Football fans. Isn''t there some Rugby you can follow? Leave Football to the underpaid, overworked, exploited classes. We have to put up with you swanning round our offices and factories in your expensive suits, paid for by our labour, we don''t want to have to see you at our football stadiums as well.[/quote]

Did you not realise that football is no longer for the working classes? Many of our well known posters on here vote Conservative.
[/quote]

Not forgetting Maggie that most of us on this forum even tolerate converted Manchester United supporters. Didn''t Ronnie have a term that covered that?

OTBC

What the bloody hell has that got to do with anything Bly? Why would I feel isolated? Because all the Poles have gone home? I''m trying to make sense of your point and how it is relevant but I''m not even certain you have one. If I were selected for England they would get a flat no, again irrelevant though.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Not forgetting Maggie that most of us on this forum even tolerate converted Manchester United supporters. Didn''t Ronnie have a term that covered that?

[/quote]

You are obviously looking to upset a couple of the Edwards family who use this messageboard Bly.[:(]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="The Iron Lady"][quote user="canarydan23"]More to the point, why are there Tory voters posting here? This is a Football forum for Football fans. Isn''t there some Rugby you can follow? Leave Football to the underpaid, overworked, exploited classes. We have to put up with you swanning round our offices and factories in your expensive suits, paid for by our labour, we don''t want to have to see you at our football stadiums as well.[/quote]Did you not realise that football is no longer for the working classes? Many of our well known posters on here vote Conservative.[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Well Bly, I do not know which of my dear friend Ronnie''s charming quotes you are referring to?  But let us not forget that I said my Ronnie was "a poor dear, as there was nothing between his ears."

Oh dear, an innocent post about a bloke who wears a scarf and supports OUR team has disintegrated into a slanging match about politics.

Note to self: don''t mix football & politics.

I''m glad changing from Cluck to A Purist has proved to be a little less contentious. [Y]

I am enjoying this thread, especially the contributions from KIO, A1, Ron and Purple. So I do hope the tut-tutters and plastic mods don''t get it moved or removed. It''s so much easier to move on to another thread if you don''t like it.

I only show a passing interest in politics now. I''ve become cynical. I''m sure the majority of politicians start off with good intentions. But I think, as with so many other things, human nature gets in the way. Ideologies are spoilt by human nature. Communism could never work because of human nature. This is getting very close to accepting nora''s "law of the jungle". But I don''t. We are better than that and human nature has a selfless side as well as selfish.

Of course there are some politicians who remain true to their priciples and ideals. It''s difficult for the to remain MPs though because they can''t be true to themselves at the same time as telling the voters what they want to hear. And of course selfless people from all walks of life can make a difference. This is going to upset a few on here but I think we are lucky to have one such person own our football club. Delia owns are club for our fans. Not for selfish reasons although I''m sure she enjoys the saisfaction of making a difference. But I wonder why the boy marcus owns the scum.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I am enjoying this thread, especially the contributions from KIO, A1, Ron and Purple. So I do hope the tut-tutters and plastic mods don''t get it moved or removed. It''s so much easier to move on to another thread if you don''t like it.

I only show a passing interest in politics now. I''ve become cynical. I''m sure the majority of politicians start off with good intentions. But I think, as with so many other things, human nature gets in the way. Ideologies are spoilt by human nature. Communism could never work because of human nature. This is getting very close to accepting nora''s "law of the jungle". But I don''t. We are better than that and human nature has a selfless side as well as selfish.

Of course there are some politicians who remain true to their priciples and ideals. It''s difficult for the to remain MPs though because they can''t be true to themselves at the same time as telling the voters what they want to hear. And of course selfless people from all walks of life can make a difference. This is going to upset a few on here but I think we are lucky to have one such person own our football club. Delia owns are club for our fans. Not for selfish reasons although I''m sure she enjoys the saisfaction of making a difference. But I wonder why the boy marcus owns the scum.

[/quote]It is because the boy Marcus is a blue who foolishly wears his heart on his sleeve perhaps?My advice has always been "That to wear ones heart on ones sleeve isn''t a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best!"I believe that my dear sister Delia hides her heart and her colours well.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

You are obviously looking to upset a couple of the Edwards family who use this messageboard Bly.[:(]

[/quote]

Why on earth should they get upset Tilly?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why on earth should they get upset Tilly?

OTBC

[/quote]

I can''t imagine any of them getting upset on here.

But, while your here babes - you never did say what you named your son....

[quote user="a1canary"]But that''s the American Dream purple, surely it must be more than just a lottery ticket?![/quote]

a1, I suspect the dream for many Americans now is just being able to afford to buy a lottery ticket![;)] But also that statistically they have more chance of winning the lottery than otherwise making it from a log cabin[st] to millionairedom.[ip][au][<:o)][B][ap][^][D]