Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Howson Deal

RDS7 - what if the club have managed to negotiate and process a deal for another player as well in private (for a change!) and are hoping to coincide the announcements?

Don''t have any knowledge that this is so btw but it is possible so don''t lose hope just yet.

As I said in another thread but will also put here as this thread is now off petty fights - Howson wouldn''t have had a medical without personal terms being agreed, once these terms are done then there is little chance of another team gazuming Norwich to the deal (without Norwich getting compensation). The only thing that will halt the deal altogether now is something turning up in the medical, which Lambert said hadn''t happened. There is no rush to get Howson registered in the squad as he is currently injured and unavaliable to train or play,

I don''t think it will be a case of us lining up another player to announce alongside Jonny. It''s almost been a week since our bid was accepted so just wondered why the delay. If the deal''s done then they might as well announce it, whether the player is injured or not.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I don''t think it will be a case of us lining up another player to announce alongside Jonny. It''s almost been a week since our bid was accepted so just wondered why the delay. If the deal''s done then they might as well announce it, whether the player is injured or not.[/quote]

According to David McNally on Twitter this morning it''s just a paperwork issue. As Bethnal has said, there''s no rush due to the injury, so I''m not massively surprised, depsite the attempts by the usual doom mongers to create a story!

As an aside, though, it says a huge amount about how good a shape the club''s in that, much as I look forward to seeing Howson here, I wouldn''t have minded if the deal fell through!

Ok so hopefully it''s very close to being announced.

The doom mongers only want to create attention to themselves. This website gives them a platform to get the attention they probably don''t have in their personal lives. Sad really.

Oh I''m sorry. You did not say the following? -

"If no announcement is made today then I sense their is a problem."

Forgive me for thinking you were ramping up the "doom". Get out of here, you''re on my list!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="CDMullins"]Jesus Christ, whats with the inner circle hissy fits ruining every thread?[/quote]
This.
[/quote]

Agreed. People come on here expecting to discuss Norwich City, not to see grown men trade insults.

This ends. Now.
[/quote]

Well said(typed) Pete!

[/quote]

Well typed Butler.

You people who never post about Norwich City or football just spoil it for the rest of us.

Now what do you think about Howson? Do you think the deal will go through? What difference do you think he will make to our midfield? Do you think someone will be sold or will he just give the others a hand?

I think the deal will go through but I thought that last year about the guy from Peterborough. I don''t think anyone will be sold but think he''s a good addition to what we have. I think he will help us play more direct football through the midfield and will also get beyond the strikers at times. And I think he will score goals.

I guess I will just have to weep into my cold hands that I am on your list. I''m tremendously bothered by that considering the high esteem in which you are held not only on this board, but also by all those that know you.

I don''t think what I said was gloomy. How long does paperwork take anyway?!!!!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="CDMullins"]Jesus Christ, whats with the inner circle hissy fits ruining every thread?[/quote]
This.
[/quote]

Agreed. People come on here expecting to discuss Norwich City, not to see grown men trade insults.

This ends. Now.
[/quote]

Well said(typed) Pete!

[/quote]

Well typed Butler.

You people who never post about Norwich City or football just spoil it for the rest of us.

Now what do you think about Howson? Do you think the deal will go through? What difference do you think he will make to our midfield? Do you think someone will be sold or will he just give the others a hand?

I think the deal will go through but I thought that last year about the guy from Peterborough. I don''t think anyone will be sold but think he''s a good addition to what we have. I think he will help us play more direct football through the midfield and will also get beyond the strikers at times. And I think he will score goals.

[/quote]

Do you mean the guy from Cardiff? Forgotten his name now, but came in and failed a medical.

From speaking to Leeds supporting friends they say Howson is best just behind a striker, which confused me as we have a guy who is already pretty good in that position. But maybe Lambert has something else planned for young Jonny. Agree that he will get beyond the strikers and into scoring positions, which will be great as in many games this season there has seemed a massive gap between Holt/Morison and the midfield.

Would imagine he''ll sign later today or tomorrow, maybe announced in the build up to the reserves game whilst everyone is around anyway.

Well I don''t care if you beg in that fashion, it still doesn''t redeem you enough for me to remove you from the list. In the space of four posts you claimed doom was about to hit the deal and the slagged "doom sayers'' off.

I rest my case. The list stands.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

This.
[/quote]

This ends. Now.
[/quote]

Well said(typed) Pete!

[/quote]

Well typed Butler.

[/quote]

Do you mean the guy from Cardiff? Forgotten his name now, but came in and failed a medical.

From speaking to Leeds supporting friends they say Howson is best just behind a striker, which confused me as we have a guy who is already pretty good in that position. But maybe Lambert has something else planned for young Jonny. Agree that he will get beyond the strikers and into scoring positions, which will be great as in many games this season there has seemed a massive gap between Holt/Morison and the midfield.

Would imagine he''ll sign later today or tomorrow, maybe announced in the build up to the reserves game whilst everyone is around anyway.

[/quote]

I presume he was referring to CMS rather than Taiwo or whatever his name was.

Sorry, but you do know that I don''t actually give a sh*t about your ''list'', don''t you? Just wanted to clarify. I''m not actually crying into my cold hands. My hands are warm, and don''t contain tears.

Looking forward to seeing Howson. Don''t know a huge amount about him to be honest, but hopefully he will add those goals PL was talking about. Doesn''t have a bad goal record at Leeds. His age is also a big plus for us. Just 23 years old. Seeing him progress over the coming years will be brilliant for us.

Of course not Nutty buddy, you, the inner circle and the purists are far too entertaining. Besides when you can leave each other alone the whole lot of you make measured knowledgeable posts.

Don''t mock the list though. ;)

RDS7 -

So you''ve attempted to change your Charlton Heston speech with my "cold dead hands" to "my warm lovely soppy hands".

Sorry, the case has rested. You''re still on the list.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]

I presume he was referring to CMS rather than Taiwo or whatever his name was.

[/quote]

Yes him. It wasn''t in the January window but was at the loan deadline. I was under the impression that he was coming here with an agreement to make the transfer permanent in the summer. For what ever reason it didn''t happen and I guess we''ll never know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

If he had signed would we still have bought Vaughan? Would that have been a good thing or a bad thing?

The imponderables of football and the transfer market!

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]Of course not Nutty buddy, you, the inner circle and the purists are far too entertaining. Besides when you can leave each other alone the whole lot of you make measured knowledgeable posts. Don''t mock the list though. ;)[/quote]

''fraid not Ruddy buddy. Some of them never post about Norwich City FOOTBALL. They can''t. Just ask Roy Blower.

Now can I be on your list. If not, I''m going back to the basement to find Hexem.

As I heard it was all agreed, probably take a few days to sort out his

medical, with him having an injury. Insurance companies need to look

into his long term history and his current medical records. Plus they

will want to look at the details of any operations he has undergone and

his recovery. It can take days these days.

Looking on the internet, Leeds fans had heard "rumours" that Howson had changed his mind. Then someone posted article about Grayson preparing for life without Howson. Changed the mood somewhat.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

This.
[/quote]

This ends. Now.
[/quote]

Well said(typed) Pete!

[/quote]

Well typed Butler.

[/quote]

You people!

Never give it a rest do you?

No matter what I posted about you and the usual suspects would have it back to DS/Season tickets/ etc. Anything to cause another non essential stupid argument.

My opinion is that the deal is done and he will add a little extra missing something to our midfield.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

This.
[/quote]

This ends. Now.
[/quote]

Well said(typed) Pete!

[/quote]

Well typed Butler.

[/quote]

You people!

Never give it a rest do you?

No matter what I posted about you and the usual suspects would have it back to DS/Season tickets/ etc. Anything to cause another non essential stupid argument.

My opinion is that the deal is done and he will add a little extra missing something to our midfield.

[/quote]

Missing what?

I suspect but may be wrong so don''t shoot me, that PL sees a PL type midfielder missing and sees Howson as a potential PL type midfield general or Kaiser.

Interesting titbit from the Daily Mail (I know, I know, but it tends to be accurate on football gossip) is that Leicester are prepared to off load Jermaine Beckford, because of his high wages. Now him joining Howson here really would send Waccoe et al into terminal meltdown mode.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Interesting titbit from the Daily Mail (I know, I know, but it tends to be accurate on football gossip) is that Leicester are prepared to off load Jermaine Beckford, because of his high wages. Now him joining Howson here really would send Waccoe et al into terminal meltdown mode.

[/quote]

Good Lord! I think if that happened I''d want to be on "the list".

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]......in what alternate universe would we ever sign beckford?