Sign in to follow this  
Dave

How do you react to Martin O'Neill

Do you applaud him for what he did for the club and think it wasn''t totally his fault when he walked from us both as player and manager

Or do you boo the fact he walked and then tried to sign our players on the cheap flaming they were not worth any more despite what he said when he was manager?

Or do you ignore him as he is completely irrelevant to us? Do we have to have this with every ex-player/manager. Should we boo Dean Ashton? Should we cheer Craig Bellamy? Should we become mildly aroused by the sight of Oli Johnson? Who cares. Just support your team.

Very good player for us on two occasions as well and one hell of a signing when we got him-first team player at the European Champions, would be like Chelsea winning the CL this season and us bringing in Lampard in the Autumn!

But no, good as he was as  a player, and could have been as a Manager, its our players and manager that count and who should get the noise, support and acclaim. Bring it on. 1-1.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Very good player for us on two occasions as well and one hell of a signing when we got him-first team player at the European Champions, would be like Chelsea winning the CL this season and us bringing in Lampard in the Autumn!

But no, good as he was as  a player, and could have been as a Manager, its our players and manager that count and who should get the noise, support and acclaim. Bring it on. 1-1.

[/quote]

But if you like we could Sing "IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU" and so on and so forth. The truth is we are a different team a different club M''O is history now we do what we do best, let PL know Theirs  ONLY ONE PAUL LAMBERT. 

Wasnt around when he was a player so couldn''t comment. Absolutely class manager unfortunately he was here at completely the wrong time and you cant blame him for walking when he was made promises which weren''t forthcoming.

He went onto to win League Cups and ensure continued Premiership football with Leicester, a club similar to us. It doesn''t take a genius to work out what might have been had he stayed.

Wouldn''t regard him as a legend/hero just somebody who was here for a while and moved on him. But you have to respect everything he has achieved in the game.

[quote user="pete_norw"]But if you like we could Sing "IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU" and so on and so forth.[/quote]I rather suspect that, given his achievements as a manager and ours as a club during the same era, it would make more sense if he sang that to us.

Great player for us but I always got the impression he wanted his own way a bit too much. He didn''t like playing on the right which at the time was the often best team option for him. I don''t think he achieved anything here as a manager. He signed Matthew Rush but is more famous for a player he didn''t sign. Wouldn''t get in the top ten Norwich managers but might just shade a few worse ones in the bottom 6. We can''t be grateful for his success elsewhere so for me we should ignore him and pay homage to our current manager who I believe is the best of all time.

If he really establishes us in the Premiership without a big financial backer then that would indeed surpass what the likes of Brown, Stringer and Walker achieved.

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="pete_norw"]But if you like we could Sing "IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU" and so on and so forth.[/quote]

I rather suspect that, given his achievements as a manager and ours as a club during the same era, it would make more sense if he sang that to us.
[/quote]

I know that, Just having a laugh, or is that not allowed anymore. 

Don''t forget, faced with the same issues today as O''Neill faced with Fat Bob, Lambert would be out the door just as fast.

Given that he left us after such a short time I think that is a reflection on the club rather than him.   He was one of the most loyal of footballers - and loyal to all the clubs he has managed - except us.   That tells more about our club than it does about  him.

No reaction necessary - any songs tonight would be out of place and mildly ridiculous.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Given that he left us after such a short time I think that is a reflection on the club rather than him.   He was one of the most loyal of footballers - and loyal to all the clubs he has managed - except us.   That tells more about our club than it does about  him.

No reaction necessary - any songs tonight would be out of place and mildly ridiculous.

[/quote]

It tells you more about Robert Chase than our club as a whole imo

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="pete_norw"]But if you like we could Sing "IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOU" and so on and so forth.[/quote]I rather suspect that, given his achievements as a manager and ours as a club during the same era, it would make more sense if he sang that to us.[/quote]

I know that, Just having a laugh, or is that not allowed anymore. 

[/quote]It''s allowed, but it helps if the joke is a funny one.

Without a doubt we should definately start booing and hissing at him throughout the 90 minutes, whilst shaking our fists in his general direction as well. And then after the match we should form a mob to chase him home and tie him to a tree naked, thereby forcing him to watch his house and car being burnt to the ground by a bunch of raging Norwich fans. Damn right an'' all.......

(or I might just hope our current manager and his team come away with 3 points instead.....?)