Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Got to get this off my chest

I know I will need a tin hat after this but I am fed up with all the callers on canary call who say we played well but we dont win!!! Are you going to be happy if we play well in the next 30 games and lose and then get relegated!!!also, why have a go at Holt and Morison today? Holt did nothing wrong, Mertesacker caught him and he went down just like any others would!!!Morison runs his socks off up front alone and people criticise that he doesnt do enough!!!Our central defenders need to learn to do the simple things and cut out these stupid mistakes that are costing us games at the moment, otherwise the writing is on the wall!!!other than that I thought we put up a good fight against an excellent Arsenal team today!!!Ok i have my old military helmet on now so fire away!!!!

Except that we didn''t play well - we were comprehensively outplayed. We haven''t played well since the Swansea game. Yes, we battle and fight and never give up but suddenly we are nervous on the ball and making the same errors we did at the start of the season.

Next week is huge.

I think you are spot on, why criticise the forwards when it is the back four who once again look so poor and if Arsenal had been more accurate would have been over by half time.As you say at the end of the day we need a win and I know that if we dont start getting a result soon we will really be hammered by some teams and the remaining confidence will disappear.To be honest I am staggered by Lamberts attitude to our back four, they clearly need help and there is none forthcoming ( only Drury on bench today). I thought you can get emergency loans in , sorry why the hell have we not done that, if nothing else but to give competition to back four. At the moment the defenders stay in team even after a series of blunders.If we do not get someone soon to sort back four out only one way season going.My tin helmet on too!

Morison is starring for us right now, he is getting no support from hoolahan and Morison has caused every defence he has come up against problems. He is also scoring different types of goals the sooner he has a strike partner the better.

When Holt came on we had urgency and a bit more direction in the final third. Winning ugly is part of the game and attractive football is also more our style, but you can do a little bit of both. This year I hope and believe we can be 17th at the end of the campaign and I will celebrate it like winning a championship.

So don''t think you need a tin hat on.

Sorry but the amount of time Morison makes silly touches, the amount of times the balls get played to him and he doesn''t run for it, the amount of times he doesn''t even attempt to get in the box. I really don''t rate Morison at all. Yeah he scored today, and he done well, he didn''t play too badly today, but once again I saw something in him where he doesn''t run for slightly over hit passes to him, he also doesn''t attempt to get in the box at times.

I went to the Villa game, and he was anonymous in that, as well as the Blackburn game. Today was the best I have seen him play, but I still wasn''t convinced. I think he lacks determination, and touch at times is woeful.

I understand people will probably stick up for him and say I don''t know what I am talking about because that''s the Pinkun way, but for me Jackson deserves a shot. He in my opinion unsettled the Blackburn defence when he came on, looked sharp against Villa.

Also think we need to start pressing way high up the pitch, we let teams play in the midfield hence why we lose shape so often, Holt and Jackson will press high up. We need to also get Johnson to do it when he has the opportunity, he has been brilliant this year, but think if he can close down a bit more.

And thirdly, I think De Laet should return at rightback, think Naughton is getting beat a lot along that right hand side, and I think he is making a few mistakes, goals against Villa and Blackburn came from that side and today Gervinho got in a few times as well.

I don''t think Morison is overly-special; better than Wilbrahams, but not a great improvement on Holt. He''s fine when he can get a firm head on it, or put his foot through the ball when he''s not pressurised - but the deft touch needed sometimes deserts him. At 1-0 he could have played Pilks in nicely by laying off a neat dead ball to be struck, but he got it wrong. That was a potential match-winning moment wasted.

However, there were many times he received the ball and he had no movement from team mates whatsoever - why not? It''s bizarre. The man is forced to hold the ball or try and beat 4 defenders single-handedly which is also not his game.

The best visiting team for movement when in possession so far was Swansea; always moving for each other.

I agree Morison needs an established strike partner - I guess James Vaughan was intended to be that?

[quote user="baldyboy"]I know I will need a tin hat after this but I am fed up with all the callers on canary call who say we played well but we dont win!!! Are you going to be happy if we play well in the next 30 games and lose and then get relegated!!!also, why have a go at Holt and Morison today? Holt did nothing wrong, Mertesacker caught him and he went down just like any others would!!!Morison runs his socks off up front alone and people criticise that he doesnt do enough!!!Our central defenders need to learn to do the simple things and cut out these stupid mistakes that are costing us games at the moment, otherwise the writing is on the wall!!!other than that I thought we put up a good fight against an excellent Arsenal team today!!!Ok i have my old military helmet on now so fire away!!!![/quote]

you obviously havent seen the penalty appeal, it doesnt even deserve the word appeal, holt jumps infront of him, if anything holts grabbing mertersacker is worse!

yeah i did see it was right in front of me, and no worse than the one WBA got against us earlier in the season!!! And you cannot get emergency loans in the Prem unless you have no keepers!!!

Disagree with both of your points.

We did play ok (not great), but lets face it its against Arsenal, so all considering not to lose 1-4 we did play alright??!!

As for Holt, why not try and stay on feet and have a go at goal? I love the bloke, but he does F me off. Your never get a pen for a slight touch like that!

Considering Martin is a RB he is playing excellent, Leon should be dropped for a game or two.

Even though i''ve said that, its not the best Arsenal team ever!

you criticise Holt Chelmsford for going down and then say Martin is playing excellent, but, correct me if I am wrong, wasn''t it Martin who ballsed up to give arsenal the winning goal? I find that slightly hypocritical that you can criticise Holt for tring to do what the likes of drogba have been doing for years but sing martins praises!! Martin needs to understand he isnt Pele and DOES NOT try to beat THREE Arsenal players like he did today!!!

Holt''s dive at the end of a joke. He needs to learn to stay on his feet a bit more when it''s appropriate. It wont be long before he has a big reputation for diving, IMHO.I''d like to see Jackson given a run alongside Morison, especially against QPR. He''s keen and quick, something we lack up front at the monet.

[quote user="CJ"] To be honest I am staggered by Lamberts attitude to our back four, they clearly need help and there is none forthcoming ( only Drury on bench today). I thought you can get emergency loans in , sorry why the hell have we not done that, if nothing else but to give competition to back four. At the moment the defenders stay in team even after a series of blunders.

If we do not get someone soon to sort back four out only one way season going.

[/quote]

FFS, Hardly worthy of a reply. Go away and google, you might learn something.

Please read the rules CJ. You cannot get emergency loans in the Pemier League. Only in very exceptional circumstances can you get a goalkeeper but thats all, so face it the back 4 we have at the moment is the back 4 we''ve got to o with till January

[quote user="baldyboy"]you criticise Holt Chelmsford for going down and then say Martin is playing excellent, but, correct me if I am wrong, wasn''t it Martin who ballsed up to give arsenal the winning goal? I find that slightly hypocritical that you can criticise Holt for tring to do what the likes of drogba have been doing for years but sing martins praises!! Martin needs to understand he isnt Pele and DOES NOT try to beat THREE Arsenal players like he did today!!![/quote]

Wrong - Martin got too carried away, and prob thought he was Franco Baresi. Holt was just trying to cheat his way to win a pen! Agree it was Martin that cost us the game for both goals yesterday. Didn''t keep with his man for the first, and gave teh ball away for the second. However in fairness to him, it could have been 5-1 had he not made those blocks/clearances. Martin has in previous games been excellent Bolton, Sunderland, Swansea. Holt has knock in a few goals too, but lets not be happy with Holt going down like that! It was shockingly embarrasing!

doesnt matter who he thought he was, he shouldnt have done it!!! He cost us the game as Arsenal never scored again and so we would have had a point rather than none!!! I aint bashing the guy either because he has been excellent but think maybe those three goalline clearances went to his head a bit and he thought he could beat anyone in his way!!!