Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Watching in pubs or going to games

I suppose not. Give me a nice comfortable pub, free food and a few beers and I''ll settle for the price of that rather than the exhorbitant cost of tickets, travel etc etc. [:D]

I enjoy watching other''s games in pubs,it can be a good laugh,especially the Sunday sessions.But strangely,i am not too keen on watching City in the pub.It stresses me out far more than being at the actual game.I will if necessary and have but give me the real thing.

I''m on the threshold of not being able to afford a season ticket for much longer. There''s no contest as to where I''d rather watch it but I do believe that sooner or later people may start opting for the pubs. They''ve been using Internet feeds to watch the game at home and now you can go to the pub for the price of a pint and watch it.

I''ve already got the Arsenal game planned.  Train into London to the pub in Angel with a couple of mates for 12.45 KO, then on a ''Good Beer Guide'' pub crawl for the rest of the day.  [:P]

Season ticket for all the home games, doing around 7 ish away games and the away games I can''t afford or can''t make I''ll watch in the pub.

Nutty,

my old mate listens to the game on one of these wind up radios

he usually spends the afternoon making odd comments about how he is going to find a internet link or how his old tranny is much better etc

it seems it does the trick and it keeps the radio going

(much as it does on here sometimes)

Alot of people preferring the pub or watching on line because they can''t afford tickets.

Alot of people who would travel to home games from far away watching online because of travel cost.

Still we get a full house at Carrow Road which shows the level of support around and about. A bigger stadium with cheaper tickets is what is needed. It won''t happen, but for a community based club maybe it should, to allow more people to be involved live.

The sad thing is that the people that go to League cup games and the like, some people - families, kids, go because it''s cheaper and it might be the only games (or game) they go to that season. Even then they don''t see the best that should be on offer due to weakened team selection and performance - ref: MK Dons.

Pub is a great option for getting some atomosphere, but you can''t beat actually being there.

being there of course! there is no better place to be in the world than at Carrow Road!sadly i dont get the chance as much now so am watching them on the web. occasionally venture to the pub to watch a game but at home I can stock up on the beer, get food when i want, not have to wait in line so it works out well.

Watching live at the stadium wins every time... I have a season ticket so can make every home game. However I couldnt possibly afford every away game so the pub is the next best option! The pub I got to set lots of seats out theatre style and the tv gets quite a crowd in itself which creates a good atmosphere. Definately appriciate this alternative.