Sign in to follow this  
BW

Strikers

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Wizard"][quote user="Better Wizard"]Herman we have plenty left we could buy more i know that im just saying the money we speant could of been speant more wisely.[/quote]Ok realistically the striker we would be able to afford would be someone like Nikolai Zigic or Cameron Jerome both average Prem strikers but say we signed Zigic instead of Bennett, Pilkington, Vaughan and Morison we would have one striker with no winger to privide crosses or any cover for said striker. Also if we do have money left over to sign players after thius amazing striker it would be cheap, probably old or below average players whho are nowhere near prem level unlike the 4 quality players we signed insteadYou are either a WUM or haven''t got the first clue about football.Oh and also don''[t say we could have signed Hernandez as MAm U only found im by spending a lot of money on top scouts to travel across the world to find players like him which we simply can''t afford.[/quote]And, as Boris pointed out, the £6M striker has got to WANT to come to a club miles from anywhere, without a billionaire backer & just promoted to the Prem. Plus he''s likely to want more wages than anyone else.Not so easy in reality.

I feel sorry for Jackson.

Was brilliant at the end of last season, and looks up for proving if he can cut in in the prem.

Think he should be coming on instead of Vaughan at the mo.

Morrison miss was actually a good last ditch tackle from knight!! It was brilliant control and turn.

PL clearly see more in the others than jackson. Its one of those things, if it was happening in training then we may see more of simeon, but if he can hold the ball up and link up with his team mates as well as use his pace he will get a game

crofts number 1 wizard....didn''t we have ewan chester who went to chelsea? isn''t he considered a top class scout? I just feel lambert has to stop trying to look for lower league young english players yes they can be good but not all will work here. We need to look outside for our striker i feel.

Well,when we stay up we will have more money in the kitty,so Lambert can start looking at more expensive players.At this moment he is living within his means and say about 75-80% of his buys have been good.

Ewan Chester is a top scout,but he also has to look at the budget!

[quote user="Better Wizard"]We havent got 6 mil to spend on a striker? ok but how much have we speant on offensive players? vaughan pilks bennet morison all added up is about 6mil. i would rather one good player then a few average prem or lower prem players. not saying they are we shall she. we always had 6mil to sepnd in my eyes. we still have money left over aswell.[/quote]

are you for real?

For the first time in as long as i can remember we have been given money to spend yes 20 mil delia said. ok wages taken into accoutn there is money left over and perhaps we could of more wisely spent what we have

bennett and pilkington are both very quick-important that we induced some pace in our team for the prem

johnson- our midfield was very lightweight

de laet and naughton- both on loan and glad we''ve got them as our defenders are injured

morison- a big guy with a bit of pace and who scored loads last season.  around £2.5m

vaughan- very pacey, one for the future, could be talent if fit-  i think around £2.5m?

i think we''ve spent very wisely

i reckon there''s about £4m to spend for january after player bonus'', wages and fees

4 + 2.5 eg taking out one our strikers we paid for equals 6.5 mil rather that as striker then two that may not step up

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Chris Marmite is getting way to much flack.
Stick to my guns that he is quality and people just see what they want to see in him.
[/quote]

Problem with Chris Martin is that it''s hard to know how what to judge him by and identify his place and position on the pitch. He''s meant to be a forward/striker but most of his good play isn''t particularly threatening to the opposition.

Yes, his touch and control his good. He can link up the play well, good footballing brain and he''s got a bit of strength about him.

But I think for all his good link up play (which is usually a safe distance from goal) there still comes a time when you''ve got to think about how much he actually worries defenders, how many genuine goalscoring chances does he create and how many goals does he score himself.

Last season he struggled for goals in the Championship and I don''t see him being any more prolific this season.

He''s obviously a good player and that''s why Paul Lambert has shown faith in him and given him every chance, however, I suspect when it comes down to it, when the season is progressing and we need to be putting points on the board, Chris Martin will not often be the man who Paul Lambert turns to.

="CambridgeCanary"]Grantroederdisaster, did Chrissy sleep with your wife or something? Your dislike of him is becoming obsessive and pathological

A wee bit over the top!

For a start, have I ever said I''m a bloke?

Pathological?????????????????? - I''m no serial murderer or stalker, and if I was I''d be picking on the wrong person in Chris Martin who by all accounts is not the nicest person in the world!!

Yes I have gone on about C Martins lack of ability in the top flight. Thats only cause some Norwich fans have been so blinkered and so wide of the mark in their opinion of him.

Chris Martin is a home grown product who without doubt is a talented footballer which we''d all love to see do well. It is this factor that blinkers so many fans opinions of him. Like I''ve obsessively(!) gone on about before hes an average Championship player at best who done a grand job in helping us to win League 1 two seasons ago but didn''t maintain his position last season in the Championship cause we had better options. Yes he can pass the ball about but is no threat to the opposition cause hes too slow and weak to cause problems and score goals which is the strikers role.

It is ludicrous hes been picked ahead of other strikers who are better than him cause they cause more problems for defenders and get in goalscoring positions!

I''ve no doubts whatsoever that the likes of Morison and Holt in particular are limited at this level but they offer more threat than Chris Martin.

The only positions to play C Martin in this League would be in Hoolahans free role or wide on the left where his cutting in and passing could be of use. Even then his appearance in these positions should only occur in the event of a severe injury crisis!

If Chris Martin starts in too many games, particularly upfront we''ll probably go down!

Sing Up The River End"]I feel sorry for Jackson.

Was brilliant at the end of last season, and looks up for proving if he can cut in in the prem.

Think he should be coming on instead of Vaughan at the mo.

Morrison miss was actually a good last ditch tackle from knight!! It was brilliant control and turn.

I too feel Jaqckson has been very harshly treated so far!

He was superb in the run in, albeit after a slow start to his Norwich career and should of been given a chance before Chris Martin who couldn''t hold down a place in the team in the Championship!

I''m sure if we continue to underperform upfront then he''ll get a go soon!

All,

I believe goals will come from who ever plays up front they just need to settle down and get that first goal and more will follow. I do believe that Holt and Morisons work rate and how they hold up the ball is on par with each other, but I do believe Holt edges it for me, I think given Morisons chances Holt would score them in recent games.

With Holt or Morison up front you need pace to compliment them, now whether that be Jackson or Vaughan who knows. I do believe Vaughan looks a player that we desperately need, pace strength determination but look where Jackson has got us, that great run in towards the end of the season, he deserves a chance.

There has been alot of talk of premiership experience, our players are not premiership quality, well we competed against Chelsea and gave them a run for their money. Now the team is very young and Lambert is building solid foundations for years to come.

Be it relegation or not we all follow the same team and wish them well, but look how much stronger we are now compared to two seasons ago, players, finances, good manager, profile.

I believe the below team like many others would agree will im sure keep us up, if we get injuries I think we will need to strengthen the squad come January. My choice would be:

Away From Home:                                                              Home:   

Ruddy                                                                    Ruddy

Naughton De Laet Barnett Tierney                   Naughton De Laet Barnett Tierney

Fox  Johnson                                          Bennett  Fox /Hoolahan Johnson Pilkington

Bennett  Hoolahan Pilkington                                         Holt    Vaughan

Holt or Vaughan

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]

All,

I believe goals will come from who ever plays up front they just need to settle down and get that first goal and more will follow. I do believe that Holt and Morisons work rate and how they hold up the ball is on par with each other, but I do believe Holt edges it for me, I think given Morisons chances Holt would score them in recent games.

With Holt or Morison up front you need pace to compliment them, now whether that be Jackson or Vaughan who knows. I do believe Vaughan looks a player that we desperately need, pace strength determination but look where Jackson has got us, that great run in towards the end of the season, he deserves a chance.

There has been alot of talk of premiership experience, our players are not premiership quality, well we competed against Chelsea and gave them a run for their money. Now the team is very young and Lambert is building solid foundations for years to come.

Be it relegation or not we all follow the same team and wish them well, but look how much stronger we are now compared to two seasons ago, players, finances, good manager, profile.

I believe the below team like many others would agree will im sure keep us up, if we get injuries I think we will need to strengthen the squad come January. My choice would be:

Away From Home:                                                              Home:   

Ruddy                                                                    Ruddy

Naughton De Laet Barnett Tierney                   Naughton De Laet Barnett Tierney

Fox  Johnson                                          Bennett  Fox /Hoolahan Johnson Pilkington

Bennett  Hoolahan Pilkington                                         Holt    Vaughan

Holt or Vaughan

[/quote]Good post, although I still believe Morisson is a good buy... and should keep his place at the moment.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Morison shouldn''t get into the team until he learns how to score.... 3 great chances he has missed this season...[/quote]

this
[/quote]

Erm....Torres at £50m has missed rather more.