Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Steve Bruce opens up about NCFC

I couldn''t stand him when he was Brum manager, stemming from the way he treated us in our play off season. He never gave us a word, completely ignored us, refused to talk about us or give us a moment''s credit or respect. And he behaved like that ever since, even if we haven''t crossed swords that many times with him since he took Brum up.

But now suddenly he pours his heart out and says what a special club we are and about what NCFC means to him. I don''t know what his problem was before!

Don''t really care, 3 points is all I''m worried about!

One of my everlasting memories of watching Norwich City games is the ridiculous stick Bruce got for going to Man U!

The Judas chant was silly really cause who could blame him for going to a bigger club, one of the, if not the biggest club in the world where he could earn more money and eventually had more chance of winning things!

But at least we can say we gave him his big break after a number of seasons in the lower Leagues with Gillingham!

Steve Bruce helped me out ''big time'' as a Manchester United player while doing some fundraising in Norfolk.He''s a decent man who has simply  ''moved on'' from his time at City. Let''s face it... he isn''t local to our area in any way and gave us superb service in a City shirt... plus more than a few quid when he moved on.What more can be asked?

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Steve Bruce helped me out ''big time'' as a Manchester United player while doing some fundraising in Norfolk.[/quote]I don''t recall his involvement with the RSPB. [;)]

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

"Steve Bruce helped me out ''big time'' as a Manchester United player while doing some fundraising in Norfolk."

Respect, Clucks, I''d never realised you''d turned out for the Red Devils.

[/quote]Lol, I read it that way at first too.

[quote user="ziggy"]sorry but bruce is just a fat lump with a crooked snout , talks rubbish too !!![/quote]You obviously weren''t there the night he stuck the winnner past the Binners to get us to Wembley! [:@]

[quote user="ziggy"]sorry but bruce is just a fat lump with a crooked snout , talks rubbish too !!![/quote]Steve Bruce played 141 games for us between 1984–1987 scoring 14 goals

including the goal against our friends from Suffolk to take us to Wembley so if you haven''t got anything decent to say about him STFU.

I imagine the reason that he''s talking NCFC is the 1985, Norwich, Sunderland cup link.

There was nothing tying us to Brum.

And Ziggy, you''re a prick posting that.

Can''t stand the bloke.

Is this the same Steve Bruce that proposed going on strike to force the clubs hand on his protracted move to Man Utd? The same Steve Bruce who walked out on Huddersfield Town, Crystal Palace and Wigan Athletic?. The same Steve Bruce who then criticises Darren Bent and Asamoah Gyan for being disloyal and only leaving just for financial gain…Big Nosed Hypocrite.

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

"Steve Bruce helped me out ''big time'' as a Manchester United player while doing some fundraising in Norfolk."

Respect, Clucks, I''d never realised you''d turned out for the Red Devils.

[/quote][:D]

Always liked Brucey when he was in a Norwich City shirt. Couldn''t understand his attitude though and the way he didn''t have any positive to say about us but glad he has seen the light and can give praise where it''s due. We are a great club. And, his goal against our poorer cousins to get us to Wembley is still an awesome goal even decades later.

But I am with grantroederdisaster, 3 points is all I want.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]Always liked Brucey when he was in a Norwich City shirt. Couldn''t understand his attitude though and the way he didn''t have any positive to say about us but glad he has seen the light and can give praise where it''s due. We are a great club. And, his goal against our poorer cousins to get us to Wembley is still an awesome goal even decades later.

But I am with grantroederdisaster, 3 points is all I want.[/quote]He let his son play for them down there.

I know how''s that for irony.

Too Alex''s credit though he''s out of Binnerland now isn''t he. I thought I heard that he was at Leeds???

Steve Bruce is engaging in a little pre-match psychology.

Great player for us but we''ve moved on too and with new heroes who will get our unequivical support before and on the night.

Nice try Steve but ''welcome to Carrow Road'' means only that we want simply to defeat you and your team.

Such a sensitive bunch us Norwich fans. Why should he talk about Norwich or give us any credit when he was Birmingham manager? Maybe he wasn''t asked any questions about Norwich? I can imagine Paul Lambert being interviewed pitch side after winning the Champions League with Man Utd in 2018 and confirming that ''yes Jeff this is my proudest moment in football''. Cue thousands of irate City fans clogging up message boards to call him a Judas and demand to know why he hadn''t mentioned our 5-1 victory at Portman Road [:@][;)]

The first rule of modern football spectating should be ''Pay no attention to anything that players or managers say whilst being interviewed by the media''. It''s all bollocks.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Such a sensitive bunch us Norwich fans. Why should he talk about Norwich or give us any credit when he was Birmingham manager? Maybe he wasn''t asked any questions about Norwich? I can imagine Paul Lambert being interviewed pitch side after winning the Champions League with Man Utd in 2018 and confirming that ''yes Jeff this is my proudest moment in football''. Cue thousands of irate City fans clogging up message boards to call him a Judas and demand to know why he hadn''t mentioned our 5-1 victory at Portman Road [:@][;)]

The first rule of modern football spectating should be ''Pay no attention to anything that players or managers say whilst being interviewed by the media''. It''s all bollocks.

[/quote]God help ''Judas'' Paul Lambert if he decides to move on ''after all we''ve done for him during his time at Carrow Road''.

Allow me to explain Shack. When you lose a play off final, it hurts. As we all know. And in 99 cases out of a hundred, the winning manager will give credit to the losing team, recognise the part they played in the game, acknowledge how hard it is to get to Wembley and lose, that kind of thing. If it was me, there''s no question i would acknowledge the losing opposition in a play off final. Not only did Bruce not acknowledge us or give us any credit in a game which we made a massive contribtution to, he actually said he didn''t want to talk about Norwich when asked pitchside if he had a word for us.

This is a guy who is probably the first player that i can remember, as a nine year old finding his feet as a football supporter! And here he was 20 years later treating us with total contempt. Call me sensitive if you want, and i agree, fans are sensitive (just look at all the people already complaining about our treatment from the MoTD puppets), but i was really pi**ed off with him after that. And that attitude never changed whenever we played him.

I found it interesting that his attitude towards us has suddenly changed, hence the post. I think he''s an alright guy in general, i just never understood his attitude towards us in the aftermath of that game and the following years.

[quote user="ziggy"]sorry but bruce is just a fat lump with a crooked snout , talks rubbish too !!![/quote]

For scoring "that" goal alone the man has legendary status and is far more deserving of the title than many names that crop up on here by some posters who brand them as legends.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]Steve Bruce helped me out ''big time'' as a Manchester United player while doing some fundraising in Norfolk.
[/quote]

I don''t recall his involvement with the RSPB. [;)]

[/quote]

RSPB,RSPCA or whatever Lapp but surely the RSPCB would be more appropriate........Royal Society for Prevention of Cluck Bert.[:P]

I would put him in the category of a NCFC legend and he would always be in my all time City best team.

As far as him leaving us for United is concerned, he was just furthering his career and at least he made a good go of it not like the others that have left us over the years only to end up regretting it!

Respect is what people have earned from their time at Norwich. Bruce was virtually a one man team in an already good team in his time at Norwich. A tower of strength.

Surely that is what people should remember, not for something he did or didn''t say.

After the play off final you could see he was too emotionally wound up to make much sense. After all - after Euan''s header he was twenty minutes from losing promotion.

Leave our legends alone!

[quote user="ziggy"]sorry but bruce is just a fat lump with a crooked snout , talks rubbish too !!![/quote]

He would look better if he removed that scary Halloween mask once in a while! He has the kind of face that might frighten horses and young babies. Despite all that, I have no particular dislike for the bloke.