Sign in to follow this  
BW

Ewan Chester

Can''t believe it thought he went to chelsea ended up going to birmingham city as head scout. Why?

Just checked the Brum Scum website and it reads as though he never made it to Chelsea and joined them having left us at the end of August.Very strange.[*-)]

Yeah Crofts, he''s a complete idiot for wanting to get a job at a better club with probably more money, what kind of imbecile would do that....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah Crofts, he''s a complete idiot for wanting to get a job at a better club with probably more money, what kind of imbecile would do that....[/quote]Haha was fishing for this. Sorry couldn''t help myself.

But you could say the rangers job he had before us was also a better job? Maybe his knowledge is just lower league?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just checked the Brum Scum website and it reads as though he never made it to Chelsea and joined them having left us at the end of August.Very strange.[*-)][/quote]

I reckon someone got their blues mixed up!

He''s left a Premiership Club to go back to the Championship? What kind of progression is that?

For a man professionally employed to discover and help move players from one club to another he doesn''t seem to know his a*** from his elbow.

Still, he did bring us Stephen Smith...enough said I suppose.

Something''s very odd about the whole affair - either way, we''re best off without him.

But who has replaced him?

It is such a massive role for a club in our position. I don''t recall seeing this role filled, we need someone with European knowledge as we know english players valuations are highly inflated.

All Chesters'' work was put into place for this summer and we got many of those, Snodgrass probably the one who got away this summer.

So i have heard is that he was offered double his money at birmingham that we could not match.

Apart from a very select few inside the club, no-one really knows what Ewan Chester did or didn''t achieve.

Which new player signings came as a direct result of his recommendations is open to debate; Paul Lambert may have targetted many of them anyway. Pilkington is a prime example - he was known to PL way before Ewan Chester arrived.

Considering the value of a high-quality Head Scout, it is surprising he hasn''t been replaced...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Apart from a very select few inside the club, no-one really knows what Ewan Chester did or didn''t achieve.

Which new player signings came as a direct result of his recommendations is open to debate; Paul Lambert may have targetted many of them anyway. Pilkington is a prime example - he was known to PL way before Ewan Chester arrived.

Considering the value of a high-quality Head Scout, it is surprising he hasn''t been replaced...

[/quote]

Good point.Could also add Fox and Tierney from ColU and a few others that we played against in L1 and the Champs,Bennett and Morison for example.