Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

De Laet next week

Can he play vs Man Utd? if not we will have Martin and Barnett at the back and no other CB''s against one of the best attacks in Europe! An injury to Barnett tomorrow doesnt bare thinking about!

Whitbread is back in training on Monday so maybe he''ll play at the back against Man U with Barnett?

I would imagine Lambert played Russell Martin at Bolton so he could look at the possibility of that back 4 against Man U. Whether he''ll go with it is another thing. But I bet he didn''t want to try it 1st time at OT.

I would say the reason R.Martin was picked and did well (bar the mistake for the goal ;0/) is because neither Klasnic or Davis are that mobile...lets hope its Owen and Berbatov to start them!" ;0)

If Rooney starts he could always deploy Crofts to do a job on him like he did on him in the England v Wales game? 4-4-1 switching to 4-3-2 with Crofts man marking Rooney sounds like a plan.

Rooney''s got a hamstring injury so hopefully that will keep him out past next Saturday. Or did Old Whiskeynose rest him against Stoke because he''s scared that he''s going to need to find a way of taming the Norwich machine? [;)]

Martin was first tried out at CB against Everton Reserves and I can see him starting there on Monday to allow him to settle in as from what I remember a loan player can''t play against his parent club which would rule De Laet out for our visit to Old Trafford.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]So you''re writing Russell Martin off as a centre-back after one excellent game playing there?[/quote]

No but I''m just saying that it isn''t ideal having a Right back playing just his second game at Center half against one of the best teams in the world, plus if he or Leon got an injury Tomorrow night, we are in trouble next week! Martin did do a great job at Bolton, and if he play there at OT and Tomorrow night, i hope he can continue that form, but it won''t be easy for him playing in a position which isn''t his natural position

I don''t totally go for this "natural position" as it totally depends on what system the team are playing and what the player in questions particular roles are. Ok, it would be a tad bizarre playing Wes in Goal but a defender is ultimately there to defend. As long as we dont play a high line (like we do when we have de laet) then R.martin should be ok.

I saw the Charlton game yesterday and one of the better centre backs on show was a goalkeeper a few years ago; strange but true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Taylor_(footballer)

You could defo not have to name a keeper on the bench if he was in the team (al la west brom game).

I can see your point but it''s very much different playing at fullback to CB. Yes it''s not like asking a striker or winger to play CB but it''s not an automatic switch for most fullbacks.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I would say the reason R.Martin was picked and did well (bar the mistake for the goal ;0/) is because neither Klasnic or Davis are that mobile...lets hope its Owen and Berbatov to start them!" ;0)

If Rooney starts he could always deploy Crofts to do a job on him like he did on him in the England v Wales game? 4-4-1 switching to 4-3-2 with Crofts man marking Rooney sounds like a plan.[/quote]I know it''s Old Trafford, but you''re still allowed to start with 11 players.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="spencer 1970"]I would say the reason R.Martin was picked and did well (bar the mistake for the goal ;0/) is because neither Klasnic or Davis are that mobile...lets hope its Owen and Berbatov to start them!" ;0) If Rooney starts he could always deploy Crofts to do a job on him like he did on him in the England v Wales game? 4-4-1 switching to 4-3-2 with Crofts man marking Rooney sounds like a plan.[/quote]

I know it''s Old Trafford, but you''re still allowed to start with 11 players.
[/quote]

We know that Mister C but spencer 1970 was taking into account the fact that we will have a player sent off in the first minute for kicking the ball whilst not wearing a red shirt.[;)]

NOPE, Spencer was in fact not counting the "free role" of Crofts IF he were to man-mark Rooney as he did in England V wales...but apparently he''ll be injured so that wont matter anyway. The Dutchies used todo the same thing with there own free role players like Cruyff...its a bit like the Worthington on Hucks position...was he a striker or a midfielder when he was "leftish"?

if you watched that Wales/England game Crofts was more like a "libero" infront of the back 4...I though he had Rooney in his pocket.

It''s very rare that a loan player is allowed to play against their parent club. There will usually be a stipulation on their contract stating that. In fact the only time I can think of ever when I have seen a loan player play against their parent club was when Dickson Ethuhu played for us against preston. He broke some poor lad''s leg right in front of the dug out after a quite poor and slightly malcious challenge. So I am pretty sure we got him on the cheap after that! I am confident that fergie will want to have a look at De Laet at some point in the future to see him potential for the Man U 1st team, so won''t want him playing against them

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="spencer 1970"]I would say the reason R.Martin was picked and did well (bar the mistake for the goal ;0/) is because neither Klasnic or Davis are that mobile...lets hope its Owen and Berbatov to start them!" ;0) If Rooney starts he could always deploy Crofts to do a job on him like he did on him in the England v Wales game? 4-4-1 switching to 4-3-2 with Crofts man marking Rooney sounds like a plan.[/quote]

I know it''s Old Trafford, but you''re still allowed to start with 11 players.
[/quote]

We know that Mister C but spencer 1970 was taking into account the fact that we will have a player sent off in the first minute for kicking the ball whilst not wearing a red shirt.[;)]

[/quote]

Is that before or after the penalty?

[quote user="im spartacus"]seeing as he makes a c0ck up most games i reckon man u insisted he play against them as part of the loan agreement [:D][/quote]

Thats funny but not nice [:)]