Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Craig Bellamy?

No,wages too high ,not a full season in his knees,and bringing old boys,especially disruptive ones never work

Definitely worth a shot, Bov. Yes he''s fiery, but I don''t think that would neccessarily put Lambert off - You could argue on the flip side that he has hunger in spades which we know is important to Lambert. And I don''t buy the washed up card either, he wasn''t unbelievably good for Cardiff but then I feel he''s one of those players that performs better at a higher level. It won''t happen but I''d love it to - Bring the lad back ''ome!

Doesn''t tick the boxes as a Lambert type player. Not young, not eager, nothing to prove. Would cost a fortune and may cause a problem or two when he starts swinging the clubs around at Barnham Broom. File under - waste of time.

Mungo

I''d prefer we didn''t. I like the route Lambert has been taking trusting his eye for ability, using untried and tested players but getting the best out of them. I would just perfer we try something different to last time and actually build for the future not just to at all measures stay up for a single season.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Doesn''t tick the boxes as a Lambert type player. Not young, not eager, nothing to prove. Would cost a fortune and may cause a problem or two when he starts swinging the clubs around at Barnham Broom. File under - waste of time.

Mungo

[/quote]

Mungo, you''re joking about the ''eager'' bit aren''t you? What you''re saying there is very contradictory to everything I seem to read about him nowadays - his passion to win matches is second to none, and I believe this is the main reason he kicks up a storm in the dressing room... He demands 110% effort, and is the first and last on the training pitch. I''ll keep in the minority, and say I''d love him back here. I''m sure Lambert would be able to handle him.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Mungo

[/quote]

Not eager ? - the bloke dropped a division last year just to play regular football!

He dropped a division but not a few grand off his salary. Just wants to stay on the gravy train. If he''s that desparate to play why doesn''t he switch to Wrexham? Little to offer except a truck load of trouble.

So its his fault Man City pay him stupid wages? He went to Cardiff and didnt gain anything financially

It is irellevant whether he plays for Cardiff or Wrexham, he is still eager to play football!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

So its his fault Man City pay him stupid wages? He went to Cardiff and didnt gain anything financially

It is irellevant whether he plays for Cardiff or Wrexham, he is still eager to play football!

[/quote]Totally agree, he could have easily sat on his arse and done nothing except pick his wages up.  On the whole scheme of things I bet Lambert rates Bellers a little higher than the couple of Prem players he tried to get in on loan last season, but were happy to stay put and do nothing.I''m not saying Lambert will get him, but Bellers enthusiasm is as good as any of our lot.  It''s his personality that needs careful handling.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]We have no room for prima donnas in the team.

Whilst Bellars has talent, his dressing room attitude leaves an awful lot to be desired.
[/quote]

Good Lord Wits, now you''ve resorted to hiding out in the boys dressing room?