Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Who will start up front with Holt?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Could be any of our strikers, or of course none of them. My dough is on Jackson. Who or what would you like to see as our attacking force vs WB??[/quote]

Can i ask your reasoning behind you thinking Jackson will be higher up the pecking order than Chris Martin or Morison?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Could be any of our strikers, or of course none of them. My dough is on Jackson. Who or what would you like to see as our attacking force vs WB??[/quote]

Can i ask your reasoning behind you thinking Jackson will be higher up the pecking order than Chris Martin or Morison?

[/quote]

Yes you can. Go ahead.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Yes you can. Go ahead.

[/quote]

Take it as a question then and feel free to answer canaryfan.

Martin is stronger and a better finisher - and so far hasn''t looked out of place in the PL (tho I''m sure plenty will disagree) so why would Jackson start?

Im guessing lambert will pick Morison but I hope it''s Martin

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Yes you can. Go ahead.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I, like many others on here, am suprised Martin has been favoured by Lambert over recent games. He''s a talent yes but a real threat in the PL? No.

Morison is again a talent. Rock hard and like Holt, a nuisance to any defence. Though I think the two are too similar.

Jackson finished last season with the bit between his teeth. And his pace will be needed at this level.

That is why he would be my preference. And against a sluggish WBA defence I think Lambert will think the same.

And I was the one who asked the question TIL! So feel free to answer.

Yep, I think it''ll be Martin.

He''s done well so far-Morison had a game in the week so might be on the bench, ditto Crofts.

Rudd-Naughton-Barnett-De Laet-Tierney-Bennett-Johnson-Fox-Pilkington-Holt-Martin is my guess.

4-4-2.

Wes amongst subs as well to come on and tease tired legs and minds on the hour.

So that probably means that Crofts, Wes, Morison and Jackson will all be starting, but there you go!

Morrison for me, think if he started a game and got a run in the team with Holt, he''d score goals.

Even though I think Martin is a more clinical finisher, I think Morison would score more goals in the Premiership purely because of his positioning and strength and the opportunities he can create for himself.

Predict Martin but would love to see Morison alongside Holt

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Yes you can. Go ahead.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I, like many others on here, am suprised Martin has been favoured by Lambert over recent games. He''s a talent yes but a real threat in the PL? No.

Morison is again a talent. Rock hard and like Holt, a nuisance to any defence. Though I think the two are too similar.

Jackson finished last season with the bit between his teeth. And his pace will be needed at this level.

That is why he would be my preference. And against a sluggish WBA defence I think Lambert will think the same.

And I was the one who asked the question TIL! So feel free to answer.

[/quote]

Can i just say i am a little lost as to why you are being so antaganistic at the end of your last reply and so sarcastic in your response to my first post but hey ho here is my response to you favouring Jackson above Martin and Morison.Jackson did extremely well at the end of last season and scored a few very important goals(Derby at home in injury time and Pompey away to name but two) but in the big picture i think both Morison and Martin have far more about their overall game and Jackson is just pacey running into channels.Channels that are few and far between in this division because experienced international defenders litter the Premiership and will read Jackson''s game very quickly.

morison was v impressive against wigan while martin has done well in both games he has started too. It will be one of those two to start up front if he goes with 2 strikers.

Jackson will make the bench at best - can only see him as 4th choice based on performances at the mo