Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Elliot Bennett close to signing for us according to this:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2372384,00.html

Just confirmed on Sky Sports News that Will Buckley is a done deal for Brighton and now on their home page.

Elliott in the morning at FCR?

[quote user="Smudger"]or an even better one (to the tune of hokey cokey)...

"Ooohh City''s Elliott Benett, City''s Elliott Bennet.

he puts a cross in here, a goal in there,

left wing, right wing he''s fucking everywhere...

He''ll go inside to the left, or outside to the right,

Running at defenders,

He makes them all look 5h1te...

Don''t let him get too close,

Because he''ll shoot on sight,

Thats what he''s all about...

Ooohh Elliott Benett

Ooohh Elliott Benett!"[/quote]

Smudger - no one seems to have commented on your superb efforts there - got anymore gems?

[quote user="Gazza"]http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2372384,00.html Just confirmed on Sky Sports News that Will Buckley is a done deal for Brighton and now on their home page. Elliott in the morning at FCR?[/quote]

So Brighton finally prise their target out of Watford.  About a couple of weeks ago (if I remember correctly) Talksport referred to Brighton having a bid for Buckley turned down. 

Looking forward to seeing him if as I expect we complete the deal. Brighton fans really rate him as they did with Crofts who has as we all know been an inspired bit of business.

Now for that "marquee" signing!!

I''ve heard both of these, Brighton have signed a replacement and are now happy to let Bennett go.

Johnson should be announced before the week is out.

Hopefully we can add Snodgrass to that too to make this week a quartet of signings after Morison was announced today!

Yeah just said on talksport we have signed Elliot Bennett, and apparently want Danny Graham as well

These would be two good signings.  Johnson might not be the most technically gifted player but we need a big powerhouse in midfield and Johnson is that.  Also Bennet is a fantastic player.  Again he might not be tried and tested in the Championship let alone the Premiership but we need a rapid winger and Bennet is that.

Lambert is filling the holes in our squad whilst also imporving it in other areas which for me is all good news.  Lets hopefully add Snodgrass as well.

Didn''t catch either of those on talksport myself, but good news if it''s true.

Swansea''s Graham bid was accepted, surprised if he has gone though, but it''s a step up for him I suppose

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Smudger"]or an even better one (to the tune of hokey cokey)...

left wing, right wing he''s f **king everywhere...

Running at defenders,

Ooohh Elliott Benett

Smudger - no one seems to have commented on your superb efforts there - got anymore gems?[/quote]haha nope - I''ll get my coat!!! [:$]PS... think it would work if we shortened it to have the "that''s what it''s all about" coming after the "he makes them all look 5h1te" and then repeat.  Just a few too many words as it was.  We all know how bad us footy fans are for remembering words.  Difficult enough when we are sober, let alone on a Saturday afternoon.

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Smudger"]or an even better one (to the tune of hokey cokey)...

left wing, right wing he''s fucking everywhere...

Running at defenders,

Ooohh Elliott Benett

Smudger - no one seems to have commented on your superb efforts there - got anymore gems?[/quote]

haha! this is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x831v_jU0CM

[quote user="Gazza"]http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2372384,00.html Just confirmed on Sky Sports News that Will Buckley is a done deal for Brighton and now on their home page. Elliott in the morning at FCR?[/quote]

Thrilling!

[quote user="ellis206"]Yeah just said on talksport we have signed Elliot Bennett, and apparently want Danny Graham as well[/quote]Yeh just heard this on 5live, maybe personal terms werent met at Swansea? Strange if we''re going to buy another striker

i really hope there is truth in this i really want the bennett deal to be confirmed itchy feat incase someone else comes in for him,johnson would be nice bit of muscle in the center of the park for us and the danny graham thing im not so ripe about i think we could get someone better for that money snodgrass would be better and id also rather have dj campbell than graham!