Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

CMS Value rises again

I wish they would stop progressing like this, if CMS is a real target then there''s easy justification for sticking another million on him if they get promoted! :(

Not sure about that, i think he''s in the last year of his contract now. So they basically have to sell in the summer the prices for players are always inflated during the january transfer window. Looked really good on tv tonight though.

That''s my concern, with him being thrust into the shop window in these playoff games.... Fry will try and and create a bidding war just to be a tit.

Look forward to watching the highlights tonight, he''s never really amazed me to be honest, but thats unfair based on a few minutes highlights per week.

Did you watch all the match? if so, does he look capable of making the double step up?!

[quote user="skijumptoes"]That''s my concern, with him being thrust into the shop window in these playoff games.... Fry will try and and create a bidding war just to be a tit. [/quote]

Sorry, but it''s not gonna be like Championship managers are going to have watched Posh for the first time this year tonight and go, "oh, that Smith fella looks kinda good how did have not heard of him before, lets had bid for him." He is widely known and in the last year of his contract. Any team that needs a striker will already have him on their list.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]That''s my concern, with him being thrust into the shop window in these playoff games.... Fry will try and and create a bidding war just to be a tit. Look forward to watching the highlights tonight, he''s never really amazed me to be honest, but thats unfair based on a few minutes highlights per week. Did you watch all the match? if so, does he look capable of making the double step up?![/quote]

He works hard and scores masses of tap-ins in Div1 and scored 10 in 43 in the Championship two seasons ago. I''ve got a horrible feeling that we could be wasting quite a bit of money here.  

He was great last night. Really good performance. Kept running from minute 1 right through to minute 95. Fantastic. I think we should sign him, in fact I think the deal is already done.

I know Barry Fry is known for blowing hot air, but he was interviewed on Talksport yesterday and said that CMS "would be playing Premier League football next year".

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]That''s my concern, with him being thrust into the shop window in these playoff games.... Fry will try and and create a bidding war just to be a tit.[/quote]

and we won''t do that on cody?

[quote user="Skijumptoes"].... Fry will try and and create a bidding war just to be a tit. .........![/quote]I don''t think Barry Fry will try to create a bidding war just to be a tit.......most people think he already is !!To be fair to Peterborough why shouldn''t they try to maximise a player''s transfer fee ? Attendances at London Rd are poor - many people living in Peterborough weren''t born there and support other, mainly London based teams - and the club, like many others, is losing a lot of money each year.Whether or not CMS is worth the £3 million-odd figure being bandied about is another matter. Personally I think it''s worth taking a chance but at a lower basic value with incentive add-ons.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]That''s my concern, with him being thrust into the shop window in these playoff games.... Fry will try and and create a bidding war just to be a tit. Look forward to watching the highlights tonight, he''s never really amazed me to be honest, but thats unfair based on a few minutes highlights per week. Did you watch all the match? if so, does he look capable of making the double step up?![/quote]

He works hard and scores masses of tap-ins in Div1 and scored 10 in 43 in the Championship two seasons ago. I''ve got a horrible feeling that we could be wasting quite a bit of money here.  

[/quote]

You are going to have to make a choice soon; Cody or NCFC, because to slate every possible striker signing just because they are not Cody is rather petty. Will you stop posting and move to his new club''s forum if we sell him?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Well, I would argue that CMS is the most in form striker in the lower divisions right now and would definitely make a good signing. Have you seen the amount of goals he scored in League Two? Not that many really. I think 8 in his first season and 12 the next. Hmmm...maybe the P''boro fans were thinking, ''he won''t cut it in League One''....Nope.....He then went on to help Posh get to the Championship by scoring 23 in the league that year.Ok, he didn''t have the best time when in the Champ but neither did a certain Grant Holt while at Nottingham Forest. We all know what happened to the great man in the next few years.....Strikers come in and out of form all the time. Look at Jackson for us this year. As soon as his confidence grew after his hat-trick against Scunthorpe he looked deadly.That''s something Lambert managed really well. He knew there were more goals in that game and gave Jackson his chance. I''m sure he''d get the best out of CMS.If we can get him for £2-3 million I think we would have pulled off a good bit of business. Proven Prem strikers come at a premium price, so why not get someone from a lower league whose confidence is high and can play a bit too?Whatever happens, I can''t bleedin'' wait!!!!

As has been suggested elsewhere, is Cody Mac off to Posh as part of a deal to bring CMS here?

Whilst we''re shopping there, how about Boyd as well?

Wouldn''t be bothered about Boyd. A few of my mates who are unlucky enough to hold season tickets at Posh reckon he goes missing to often in games.

Wouldn''t mind CMS - he certainly passes the ''run through a brick wall'' test. CMS & Holt up front next season wouldn''t give defenders much time on the ball!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

You are going to have to make a choice soon; Cody or NCFC, because to slate every possible striker signing just because they are not Cody is rather petty. Will you stop posting and move to his new club''s forum if we sell him?

[/quote]

That''s simply not true. You obviously haven''t read my posts recommending Shane Long, DJ Campbell, N''Zogbia etc who are a lot more proven than CMS. I wouldn''t recommend Defoe simply because he is a luxury player who doesn''t work hard enough, and many experienced football pundits that I''ve listened to agree.   

I would have CMS here in a heartbeat. He was simply outstanding last night and has that priceless attribute of scaring the living daylights out of defenders - running dirsctly at them with pace - that''s a quality that pays off whether you''re playing in the Premier League or the Zenith  Data Systems Cup.