Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Adrian Durham TalkSport: 'CMS is looking like he's off to Norwich'!

Was driving home at about 4:15pm and had talksport on.The ginger monkey bought it up wi'' Goughy. Adrian Durham is known to be a massive Posh fan so yeah...just passing it on!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]What did he say?[/quote]

I think it''s in the title.

nothing will be sorted till after their play off final, i know he is leaving whatever happens but to do any concrete business before makes no sense.

Basically said CMS was a nice bloke, didn''t have an ego problem and just ''deserved'' to play at a higher level

Having seen him against MK I can see why Lambo has marked his card. Hard working, swift and eye for goal. Not a billy big boy.

At the very least he would be a strong squad player.

I say - sign him up!!!

Adrian Durham said a few minutes after in reply to Darren Gough saying " Surely if you go up he will stay, because he will be playing in championship either way" and Adrian Durham said " He would go to a Premier League team, Barry Fry said last night. Looks like it''s certain to be Norwich"

He seems to have a few sources at the club, I wouldn''t be surprised if he has being a journalist.

Would be interesting, could well be.

Not convinced about CMS. His stats from last season are superb - banged in 0.6 goals a game. But he''s had his chance at a higher level when in the Champ with Posh, and disappointed. I very much he doubt he would make an impact in the PL.

Nicky Maynard is my striker of choice. Lambert best be quick though as with clubs like QPR sniffing about these prime players wont be on the market for long.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Not convinced about CMS. His stats from last season are superb - banged in 0.6 goals a game. But he''s had his chance at a higher level when in the Champ with Posh, and disappointed. I very much he doubt he would make an impact in the PL.

Nicky Maynard is my striker of choice. Lambert best be quick though as with clubs like QPR sniffing about these prime players wont be on the market for long.

[/quote]

So he got double figures in the championship with a sh*t team that finished rock bottom. Is that really that bad. He suits our style of play. He can hold the ball up very well and keeps it, he is lightning quick, never gives up, chases all day long, good in the air, finishes well, isnt a billy big balls and wont be demanding high wages. Perfect for the way we play. Maynard and long, i do not rate as highly, good players yes, but similar players to jackson for me.

Give the chap a chance! I think he would do us proud.

[/quote]

So he got double figures in the championship with a sh*t team that finished rock bottom. Is that really that bad. He suits our style of play. He can hold the ball up very well and keeps it, he is lightning quick, never gives up, chases all day long, good in the air, finishes well, isnt a billy big balls and wont be demanding high wages. Perfect for the way we play. Maynard and long, i do not rate as highly, good players yes, but similar players to jackson for me.

Give the chap a chance! I think he would do us proud.

Not convinced about CMS. His stats from last season are superb - banged in 0.6 goals a game. But he''s had his chance at a higher level when in the Champ with Posh, and disappointed. I very much he doubt he would make an impact in the PL.

[/quote]

Please do not judge him on his previous championship season, it doesnt do him justice. He got double figures in the championship with a sh*t team that finished rock bottom. Is that really that bad?

CMS suits our style of play. He can hold the ball up very well and keeps it, he is lightning quick, never gives up, chases all day long, good in the air, finishes well, isnt a billy big balls and wont be demanding high wages. Perfect for the way we play. Maynard and long, i do not rate as highly, good players yes, but similar players to jackson for me.

Give the chap a chance! I think he would do us proud with some good service.

CMS is a very good player and fits in with Lambert''s ethos of wanting hungry players with something to prove. I think it would be money well spent.

Grant Holt didn''t exactly impress last time he was in the Championship - now look at him. To suggest CMS isn''t worth bringing in because of his last season in the Championship is a little naive.

[quote user="drurys dodgy knee"]Grant Holt didn''t exactly impress last time he was in the Championship - now look at him. To suggest CMS isn''t worth bringing in because of his last season in the Championship is a little naive.[/quote]You make a valid point but maybe not the fairest comparison. Holt only made 11 appearances at second-tier level before this season - 7 (with 3 starts) of those were for Sheffield Wednesday 8 years ago. The other 4 (with 0 starts) were during a very short loan at Blackpool in 2008. There is a common misconception that he played at this level for Forest - he didn''t.

If CMS were to come to Norwich I''d bet PL will do his magic on him. What he brings to the table already is a great work ethic, a great team player who has no ego to boot. How much more could he unravel from the talent that is CMS. Remember R Martin was said to be no good at The Posh....so lets see what happens.

Let us remember what many were saying about Jackson and how he turned it around, I believe some should look at that example before saying CMS would not bring anything to the team. I trust in PL and seems he does have a good eye for a player!!

Lastly, it seems that Barry Fry is playing it differently than previously regarding CMS as he does seem alot quieter this time around. Does that mean its already a done deal?

OTBC