Sign in to follow this  
nick oakley

Trouble by the coaches

Lots of shouting, and lots of testosterone fuelled young men pretending they want to fight each other through the safety of fences. Swansea chucked some coins, I came away with 20 pence. Result.

[quote user="morty"]Lots of shouting, and lots of testosterone fuelled young men pretending they want to fight each other through the safety of fences. Swansea chucked some coins, I came away with 20 pence. Result.
[/quote]

20p!!Tight Welsh gits!

Joking apart I think my kids had their first insight as to what football used to be like yesterday.I thought during the game the Swans fans were excellent, their singing was pretty constant.And I think the "trouble" was pretty minor league really, but they really let themselves down.But, most of all, if you have to have the police presence we saw yesterday, including horses and virtually closing the city''s roads so we can leave in safety, it says something about what goes on at their games most Saturdays.

They (Swansea fans) hate and have a go and everyone.

22 other teams because they are "the bloody English, isn''t it?" -cue the hatred!

1 team because they are Cardiff. They hate them even more!

Couldnt make it out really well on Tv  but were they singing " We f**king hate Norwich " and a rendition of " In your Norfolk slum ?"

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Couldnt make it out really well on Tv  but were they singing " We f**king hate Norwich " and a rendition of " In your Norfolk slum ?"[/quote]The singing was mostly good natured really. It was after the game they got a bit tired and emotional.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

They (Swansea fans) hate and have a go and everyone.

22 other teams because they are "the bloody English, isn''t it?" -cue the hatred!

1 team because they are Cardiff. They hate them even more!

[/quote]Think we know where to start pushing these government cuts then dont we ?Bring back Primae Noctre / droit de seigneur as well I say !!!!

Hate to say it, but the way I saw it, it was actually a small minority of Norwich fans who started the trouble after the 3rd goal went in. This then continued and intensified after the game, when Swansea fans retaliated.

Tin hat on.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Hate to say it, but the way I saw it, it was actually a small minority of Norwich fans who started the trouble after the 3rd goal went in. This then continued and intensified after the game, when Swansea fans retaliated.

Tin hat on.[/quote]I don''t completely disagree. Lots of young lads banging on the fences separating us from the Swans fans thinking they are in football factory.I explained to my lad that if that fence wasn''t there most of them would have been soiling themselves, and that in the bad old days you only acted like that if you actually wanted a fight.

Why would we sing " We f**king hate Norwich " and a rendition of " In your Norfolk slum ?"

It was Cardiff we were singing about.

Anyway just a few points.

1) Best away support numbers wise to have come to the liberty in terms of miles and it being on tv, even if you were a bit quiet

2) The reason the roads are closed is nothing to do with trouble its just down to safety for pedestrians and easy exit for our visitors

3) Decent game, could see the quality in your side, very impressed with your LB who did a good job on dyer. Far from the best we have played this year but we got goals at important times, and that was the first time I have seen us go so defensive so early due to the threat you have.

4) Does Grant Holt behave like a spoilt fat kid every week or only when he plays against us?

5) Sorry about the muppets who tried to spoil the day, they only seem to appear in big games.

Might be a good idea in the future that as a collective we take out our own trash ?So many kids jizzing over Frodo Baggins in Green Street its sad :(

[quote user="jackforever"]Why would we sing " We f**king hate Norwich " and a rendition of " In your Norfolk slum ?"

1) Best away support numbers wise to have come to the liberty in terms of miles and it being on tv, even if you were a bit quiet

2) The reason the roads are closed is nothing to do with trouble its just down to safety for pedestrians and easy exit for our visitors

3) Decent game, could see the quality in your side, very impressed with your LB who did a good job on dyer. Far from the best we have played this year but we got goals at important times, and that was the first time I have seen us go so defensive so early due to the threat you have.

4) Does Grant Holt behave like a spoilt fat kid every week or only when he plays against us?

5) Sorry about the muppets who tried to spoil the day, they only seem to appear in big games.[/quote]Aye, Grant was getting a bit wound up yesterday, still have him in my team anyday though.It was a nice touch seeing all your fans waiting around for half an hour after full time just to wave w***er signs at us as we leave, don''t you people have pubs to go to!!??Aye, Tierney, our LB, is turning into a real star.I think if your keeper hadn''t played a blinder and we had got a goal it would have all been very different. Well played though, I thought you were excellent yesterday./

Last season a Swansea fan took the trouble to ring me up to compliment us on our support.Two soldiers from the Glamorgan regiment had been killed in Afghanistan and our fans observed the minutes silence immaculately. He was quite emotional when he spoke to me and I was touched that he had bothered to ring me up. Good and bad at every club including ours.

Morning jackforever, good to hear from you...

Have you going up above Cardiff any day, any week, any month of the year. Always had a soft spot for Swansea, all down to a weeks field trip and stay at the Uni, my introduction to Brains, although, I have to say, the Gower & Mumbles, yep, you do "cold" there, don''t you? Freezing didn''t even begin to cover it.

Tierney (the LB) is developing into ANOTHER great aquisition from Lambert, a key player already. Thats two from Colchester, both on the cheap and pretty much nailed on regulars now.

Out of Fox and Surman, Surman was the glamour signing last Summer, and for biug money; Fox was more of a "who?" and cost peanuts. But we''d miss him a lot more if he was out now.

2nd is between us, you, Cardiff and Reading, a play-off in miniature. Form and fixtures suggest Reading, but if we can get a result on Tuesday and follow that up with another win on Friday (a big ask!), I''ll, finally, start to favour us.

Good luck to you anyway. Love to the Brains!

[quote user="Kathy"]Last season a Swansea fan took the trouble to ring me up to compliment us on our support.Two soldiers from the Glamorgan regiment had been killed in Afghanistan and our fans observed the minutes silence immaculately. He was quite emotional when he spoke to me and I was touched that he had bothered to ring me up. Good and bad at every club including ours.[/quote]I agree Kathy.*Older bloke rant warning*There was a lad, probably about 18, a few rows in front of me giving it the big come on to the Swansea fans, from behind the safety of several fences and about a hundred stewards. I would have paid good money to see him behaving the same way, but without the fences. This "call of duty" generation all need to be transported back to te early 90''s to see what happened to people who act the big man to other fans.Rant over lol.

I was parked in the industrial estate on t''other side of the ground and had to walk through the Swans fans after the game. A couple of fans came up and shook my hand etc no trouble at all. Nice bunch.

Also it was "we hate Cardiff scum" etc.

jackforever"]Why would we sing " We f**king hate Norwich " and a rendition of " In your Norfolk slum ?"

5) Sorry about the muppets who tried to spoil the day, they only seem to appear in big games

Well said!

The trouble was caused by chavvy young men on both sides of the fence!

The coin/stone throwing at the end was very unpleasant!

I think all the Norwich players got a bit petulant at the end not just Grant Holt. Thats cause they aren''t used to getting well beat (in scoreline but not in the pattrn of play!) and want to get this promotion!

Exactly Morty. It''s all very well acting ''hard'' from behind a fence with massive police protection, but I guarantee the majority of the little Green Street wannabe''s on our side would have got a right good kicking if they''d actually got involved in a fight.

I just hope SKY didn''t catch that load of fans after Swansea''s 3rd goal, as it was embarrassing!

Travelled by train yesterday and met Swansea supporters both directions, no trouble and they were all very complementary towards our team.

I agree the trouble was started by both fans in the ground but there was one nasty incident I saw.  Two male Norwich fans were standing right next to the mesh thing which seperates us from Swansea and they were not even chanting or taunting towards the Swansea fans.  However a Swansea fan climbed over the mesh and shoved them both over and they fell into a woman who also fell over.  These two men obviously retaliated and a couple of other Norwich fans joined him and gave the Swansea lad a good kicking.  If you are retaliating fair enough but to shove over two innocent people is disgraceful.