Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Player Ratings...

John Ruddy - 7, He had so little to do(shows how well we defended)  but was able to keep awake to make a save from a scunny half way line effort!

Russell Martin - 7, Got down the line to overlap but his crossing lets him down. He was solid as always at the back.

Elliott Ward - 7,  Happy with the ball at his feet, didn''t have to do much more.

Zak Whitbread - 7, (see Elliott Ward)

Marc Tierney - 8.5, Up and down supporting surman all game, getting into advanced positions looks happy with the ball at his feet. Im starting to fear that this could be Drurys last as a 1st team regular.

David Fox - 8, Constantly looking to pick the ball up from the defenders and to create something. Very composed on the ball and looks better every game.

Andrew Crofts - 8, Linked well with Russell Martin, David Fox, Hooly and Pacheco. Made some good runs down the line and looking for a ball over the top.

Andrew Surman - 8, Im still not sure if he is anything better than Simon Lappin. He looked good with the bal lat his feet but had a few chances to whip crosses in and didn''t do so. Also got an assist.

Wes Hoolahan - 9, Always looking for the ball, made some fantastic runs, played some pin perfect through balls and tracking back to help out in needed. Hope the injury isn''t to bad.

Grant Holt - 9, Scored his 3 goals, always hassling the defence as normal. Linked up very well with Pacheco after just a week to get to know each other.

Dani Pacheco -MOTM 9.5, What a player he is. 20 years old only known the squad for a week, possible language barrier and to make the first 2 goals was brillaint. Started to drop deep to pick up the ball to get attacks started. His general movement was very good never giving the scunny defence a chance to rest! MORE TO COME PLEASE

Subs Bench

Henri Lansbury - 9, Faultless. Playing in the point of the diamond with 2 strikers who had never played together and he had only played a few times with Jackson thought they worked really well. Not a bad sub for Hooly.

Sam Vokes - 8, Good movement and won a couple of headers to set players up for shots. Missed 2 chances and although he was offside on both he should have scored the 1 on 1.

Simeon Jackson - 9, Cody who? Showed that he does know where the goal is and looked really hungry after he got his 1st. Good chasing for his 1st and good runs for the other 2.

I am a Banana

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Dani Pacheco -MOTM 9.5, What a player he is. 20 years old only known the squad for a week, possible language barrier and to make the first 2 goals was brillaint. Started to drop deep to pick up the ball to get attacks started. His general movement was very good never giving the scunny defence a chance to rest! MORE TO COME PLEASE

I am a Banana

[/quote]

Just like to say that Pacheco''s English is quite good. Apart from that thanks for the ratings.

Pacheco did very well today. But MOTM? Really? To be man of the match with no goals and with two team mates scoring hatricks is a remarkable thing!

Ruddy - 7, clean sheet, nothing else to really say

R.Martin - 6, perhaps harsh because he was a real threat but his crossing was poor and not tested going the other way

Ward - 7, solid but not really tested

Whitbread - 7, ditto, impressed with his distribution

Tierney - 8, has nailed down the left back position

Fox - 8, ticks things along without any fuss, we''d notice if he wasn''t there.

Crofts - 7, once again covered a lot of ground and involved in much of the play, assist for 3rd.

Surman - 8, beginning to see the best of him, classy.

Hoolahan - 8, usual Wes but strange not to see him grab an assist or a goal.

Pacheco - 9, looks 1 hell of a player, I knew he had fantastic technique but wasn''t expecting him to have that kind of impact.

Holt - 9, nothing to say we haven''t already covered, we f*****g love Grant Holt!

Lansbury - 7, very lively and shows the quality squad we''ve assembled

Jackson - 9, really needed a day like today, I felt he was lively against Bristol City but lacked the confidence, could become a big player over the next 7.

Vokes - 7, looked a useful player, some decent link and hold up play.

My Man of the Match today was Fox.

Can''t really say anything bad about any player, apart from Vokes. Didn''t really tick for him, but hard act to follow, he''ll get another chance.

Fox was outstanding, the passes he was playing today, consistent as you like, always ending up to the players feet.

Pacheco was top class aswell, his movement off the ball is evidence of his nickname The Assassin.

Holt and Jackson also brilliant, can''t really have a bad game whilst scoring a hat trick, chuffed to bits for Jackson. That''s proof of what he can do.

Also Lansbury when he came on was superb aswell.

One of the best games I have seen us play. Probably couldn''t have asked for better timing. OTBC

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Ruddy - 7, clean sheet, nothing else to really say

R.Martin - 6, perhaps harsh because he was a real threat but his crossing was poor and not tested going the other way

Ward - 7, solid but not really tested

Whitbread - 7, ditto, impressed with his distribution

Tierney - 8, has nailed down the left back position

Fox - 8, ticks things along without any fuss, we''d notice if he wasn''t there.

Crofts - 7, once again covered a lot of ground and involved in much of the play, assist for 3rd.

Surman - 8, beginning to see the best of him, classy.

Hoolahan - 8, usual Wes but strange not to see him grab an assist or a goal.

Pacheco - 9, looks 1 hell of a player, I knew he had fantastic technique but wasn''t expecting him to have that kind of impact.

Holt - 9, nothing to say we haven''t already covered, we f*****g love Grant Holt!

Lansbury - 7, very lively and shows the quality squad we''ve assembled

Jackson - 9, really needed a day like today, I felt he was lively against Bristol City but lacked the confidence, could become a big player over the next 7.

Vokes - 7, looked a useful player, some decent link and hold up play.[/quote]Pretty much how i saw it - except id say Lansbury was worth at least an 8, fantastic runs, crosses, passes and link up play when he came on. Really looked like he wanted to make an impact, he got an assist, couldve had more and actually matched Wes''s performace up to that point - no easy task!

[quote user="Henry"]Didn''t Martin provide the cross for Holt''s third ???[/quote]No it was Crofts - volleyed cross!

Just thought I''d give Ruddy a special mention, the efforts of Holt, Jackson, Pacheco, Wes, Fox and co speak for themselves, but I thought Ruddy''s distribution was fantastic today. Some of his throws out were great. Quick, accurate and incisive, a good weapon to start attacks which I have felt we''ve missed in recent years. Correct me if I''m wrong but I don''t recall Mashall, Forster or even Green being particularly great at it.

"Henri Lansbury - 9, Faultless"

Must have been some or a fault, otherwise it would be 10

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Pacheco did very well today. But MOTM? Really? To be man of the match with no goals and with two team mates scoring hatricks is a remarkable thing![/quote]

Pacheco was also my MOM but it was very close thing as whole team were fantastic

Ruddy - 7 - not much to do but great quick-throw distribution and key to our possession.

R. Martin - 7 - got on the overlap really well caused their defence problems.

Ward - 6 - Nowt to do, did what he had to well, composed and kept possession well.

Whitbread - 6- see above

Tierney - 8 - him and Surman linked up superbly, looked really, really dangerous.

Fox - 9 - the heartbeat, brilliant cross-field passing all game and him and Wes are almost telepathic.

Crofts - 8 - good assist and good link-up play with Martin

Surman - 8.5 - had a great game, some really classy touches and clever passes, him and Tierney looked a fearsome combo.

Hoolahan - 8.5 - linked up midfield and attack brilliantly as always, very unlucky not to score when he hit the post.

Pacheco - 9 - clearly the classiest player on the pitch. Incisive passing and looks the perfect fit for Wes and Holt. Unlucky not to get himself a goal as well as his 1 and a half assists.

Holt - 9 - took his hattrick really well, Scunny just couldn''t cope with him at all.

Subs:

Lansbury - 8 - didn''t have enough time to get a higher rating, but was awesome when he came on and really showed why Scunthorpe are bottom of the league.

Jackson - 8 - took his hattrick well but it was on a plate. Pleased for him but won''t be getting carried away here.

Vokes - 6 - didn''t look too sharp to me, missed easy chances twice which were flagged offside.

Banana, Pacheco has been at Liverpool for the last 3 years so I would guess he has no language problems...apart from possibly a scouse accent like Molby had?