Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Player Ratings- from watching on sky

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]I was at the match (second away game i''ve gone to, both losing by a 3 goal margin)Ruddy 6 - Good saves, kept the score down.R.Martin 6 - Kept one of the best wingers in his pocket all game, didn''t seem to get forward though.Whitbread 3 - The worst performance from a center half I have seen in a while, made like 1 tackle all game, passing was awful, got caught on the ball alot.Ward 4 - Poor, kept passing amongst the back which was very frustrating (same with Whitbread), got better in the second half when he seemed like he was playing as a winger! o.oTierney 6 - Kept Dyer quiet, got forward well.Fox 6 - Kept passing back, passing was ok, seemed to win everything in the air.Crofts 6 - Did well the first half but not so well the second.Surman 5 - Barely noticed him, when I did passing didn''t seem to good.Lansbury 6 - Made some decent balls but got caught on the ball a few times.Pacheco 7 - Not as good as last week but did well, used his skill to his advantage, made some good through balls etc, didn''t seem to shoot though.Holt 5 - Should of scored, didn''t really get in the game either, for a target man i''ve been noticing that he barely wins any headers!Jackson 8 - Seemed like the best player on the pitch, the only player that seemed to of turned up that day.Smith 7 - Did well when he came on, good passing, but not too much time to impress.[/quote]

For God''s Sake!!!! The word is "have". You can''t "of" anything!!! What the bloody hell do they teach you lot at school these days?

Is it not enough that my team got stuffed and my horse is still running in the National that I have to read such garbage????

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]I was at the match (second away game i''ve gone to, both losing by a 3 goal margin)Ruddy 6 - Good saves, kept the score down.R.Martin 6 - Kept one of the best wingers in his pocket all game, didn''t seem to get forward though.Whitbread 3 - The worst performance from a center half I have seen in a while, made like 1 tackle all game, passing was awful, got caught on the ball alot.Ward 4 - Poor, kept passing amongst the back which was very frustrating (same with Whitbread), got better in the second half when he seemed like he was playing as a winger! o.oTierney 6 - Kept Dyer quiet, got forward well.Fox 6 - Kept passing back, passing was ok, seemed to win everything in the air.Crofts 6 - Did well the first half but not so well the second.Surman 5 - Barely noticed him, when I did passing didn''t seem to good.Lansbury 6 - Made some decent balls but got caught on the ball a few times.Pacheco 7 - Not as good as last week but did well, used his skill to his advantage, made some good through balls etc, didn''t seem to shoot though.Holt 5 - Should of scored, didn''t really get in the game either, for a target man i''ve been noticing that he barely wins any headers!Jackson 8 - Seemed like the best player on the pitch, the only player that seemed to of turned up that day.Smith 7 - Did well when he came on, good passing, but not too much time to impress.[/quote]

For God''s Sake!!!! The word is "have". You can''t "of" anything!!! What the bloody hell do they teach you lot at school these days?

Is it not enough that my team got stuffed and my horse is still running in the National that I have to read such garbage????

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!![/quote]Haha, i didn''t even notice, im surprised you read so accurately, out of curiousity how many f''s do you see in this paragraphFilms are flicks that are produced

after years of personal effort, and

of unique knowledge frankly, out

of hard work.

Why the poor marks for whitbread? He is the best CB we''ve had in years. Anyone there could see the by the amount of headers he won how committed and talented the lad is. He is let down by Ward, he has played well this season but it is clear to see he isn''t a natural CB. Both the first goals come from Ward, he is a good footballing CB who switches off when it comes to defensive duties

[quote user="canariesaregods"]Why the poor marks for whitbread? He is the best CB we''ve had in years. Anyone there could see the by the amount of headers he won how committed and talented the lad is. He is let down by Ward, he has played well this season but it is clear to see he isn''t a natural CB. Both the first goals come from Ward, he is a good footballing CB who switches off when it comes to defensive duties[/quote]

The rating is not based over the season but yesterdays game. If you think Whitbread had a good game yesterday you really are looking through rose tinted glasses, his passing and positioning were terrible and nothing to do with Ward (who was only marginally better yesterday). Tierney also was awful yesterday cant see how anyone could give him MOM, he was out muscled by Dyer and a number of ocassions. I still think they are both good players imo just off days it happens, it''s only one game and probably on paper the most difficult of the ones left, it was just one of those days, we''re everything was slightly off.

Just feel its unfair to judge properly over a TV performance as you dont get to see off ball movement as much or spot a surging run etc etcCamera allows you to see what it wants you to see and you miss some key things.*shrugs*We lost, team will be looking for 3 pts vs Watford so Im not worried

Ha ha, still can''t believe the whitbread bashing! He was much better than Ward who i really dont rate!

Zak won header after header, he made a fantastic last ditch interception to stop them going 3 up in the 1st half. He was much better than what people are making him out!

I suppose its the same old story from norwich fans - we lose so need to find a player to blame!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Ha ha, still can''t believe the whitbread bashing! He was much better than Ward who i really dont rate!

Zak won header after header, he made a fantastic last ditch interception to stop them going 3 up in the 1st half. He was much better than what people are making him out!

I suppose its the same old story from norwich fans - we lose so need to find a player to blame!

[/quote]

Zak is a good player, has played very well lately, but yesterday he was poor, all players have poor games. Rating him (and i rate him too) does''nt change it. I fully expect he''ll be back on his game against Watford. It''s one thing saying he had a bad game and another unfairly bashing a player over a long period of time. Or do no players you rate ever have bad games, which would suggest you dont understand what your looking at?

[quote user="canariesaregods"]Why the poor marks for whitbread? He is the best CB we''ve had in years. Anyone there could see the by the amount of headers he won how committed and talented the lad is. He is let down by Ward, he has played well this season but it is clear to see he isn''t a natural CB. Both the first goals come from Ward, he is a good footballing CB who switches off when it comes to defensive duties[/quote]

Whitbread has been here about 15/16 months (something like that) and can''t have started more than about 20 games for the club - and in a few of those he was very rusty. He has had a few good games for us too but to say he''s "the best CB we''ve had in years" is a bit much at this stage I think.

I can''t see that he''s done anything better than Leon Barnett or Elliot Ward this season and saying that Ward lets him down is very, very harsh. As I''ve said before, Ward has been there all season - playing alongside both Barnett and Whitbread - and we haven''t got to 2nd in the league after 40 games because Elliot Ward is the "weak link" I''ve heard various people describe him as.

How you can give players a 3 or 4 and slate them beggars belief. We could easily have scored first and also had a great chance at the beginning of the second half. We also had a number of other chances and were just up against a very good team. God help us if we do go up to the Premiership and do take a pasting as we have done on occasions before when we were there. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is the best team we have had for years and just because we lost does not mean they were all rubbish. Many Norwich fans do not have a clue about how we are trying to play the game and the risks that Lambert takes. We attack and our Centre backs are exposed at times but that is a risk that he is willing to take. Constant shouts for Ruddy and the centre backs to hoof it forward when they have taken a few passes but have not been able to pick out a pass that will drive us forward is just so frustrating and short sighted. Many Norwich fans deride teams for the long ball and yet advocate Norwich doing it. We play a patient type of football and I for one really enjoy it. Stop your moaning, try and understand the intricacies of football and get on with supporting the team.

[quote user="dj"]How you can give players a 3 or 4 and slate them beggars belief. We could easily have scored first and also had a great chance at the beginning of the second half. We also had a number of other chances and were just up against a very good team. God help us if we do go up to the Premiership and do take a pasting as we have done on occasions before when we were there. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is the best team we have had for years and just because we lost does not mean they were all rubbish. Many Norwich fans do not have a clue about how we are trying to play the game and the risks that Lambert takes. We attack and our Centre backs are exposed at times but that is a risk that he is willing to take. Constant shouts for Ruddy and the centre backs to hoof it forward when they have taken a few passes but have not been able to pick out a pass that will drive us forward is just so frustrating and short sighted. Many Norwich fans deride teams for the long ball and yet advocate Norwich doing it. We play a patient type of football and I for one really enjoy it. Stop your moaning, try and understand the intricacies of football and get on with supporting the team.[/quote]Read the first 2/3 lines, the defence ratings are nothing to do with the attack, it''s about how they defend. It''s rating for a player in a match not the whole season.Also regarding the guy saying I should of used "have", shut up.

I would have to say that things could have been very different if Holt had scored with the header from the Pacheco free-kick. He did everything right, - lost his marker, and had virtaully a free header, but...he missed a fairly regulation header. (I won''t mention the rather weak left foot shot quite wide of the far post.)

If he had scored, the margin would have been 2-1, and who knows what the result might have been. I felt that in the second and third of their goals they had the benefit of rebounds, although the second goal was very well atken at such a distance.

Ratings are very much in the eye of the spectator, and I certainly would not have made Tierney MoM, although I would struggle to find a replacement, as no-one stood out.

Many of the players were shadows of what they had been v. Scunny. I think that this was because Swansea were quicker and stronger into the tackle, and didn''t allow us to use our normal passing game.

Whatever the cause, the fact remains that we created as many chances as Swansea, but failed to accept any. I have to admit that Swansea moved more quickly forward, while we were more lumbering, but in the second half we did induce some panic in the Swansea defence, and we ought to have scored.

Ward was crap, should have been sent of for being petulant when priskin scored, was too slow and whitbread was only marginally better.

Pachco was ordinary and gave the ball away too much. Lansbury was awful as well kept giving the ball away.

Though Martin adn Tierney did ok and got forward well.

Fox was the MOM had a very good game and passed the ball excellently and got stuck in as well.

Jackson did ok when he came on as did Korey.

We just needed to get that goal and it would have been a different matter. I didnt think that swansea were that good scored two cracking goals but didnt do a lot more after that. we had the better chances but couldn''t finish.

It''s not all doom and gloom we are still second and I think Watford are in for a hiding tomorrow.