Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Player ratings.....

Morning all,

Could someone please give me their player ratings for last nights game (with a little description if possible)

Sounded as though quite a few didn''t have their best gaes but it would be nice to hear about Tierney etc,

ruddy 8

martin 6

barnett 7

ward 5/6 -he did get the goal after all

tierney 6

fox 5/6

crofts 8

lappin 6 - missed a few good chances

lansbury 9

holt 7

jackson 5/6 - at least he tried but not good enough

wilbraham 7/8 - really good flick-ons

hoolahan 8

macnamee 7

Ruddy - 7 solid, couldn''t do much with the goal.

Martin - 6 worst game for a while, better second half.

Ward - 7 decent enough after being out for a while and took his goal well

Barnett - 5 worst game for us, his fault for the goal and passing was bad.

Tierney - 6 look ok, long throw was a bit naff

Crofts - 8 had a good game worked hard and was isolated in midfield.

Lappin - 7 if only he could hit the target

Lansbury - 7.5 took the goal and free kick well, didnt do a great deal else.

Fox 7 - again solid enough without setting the world alight

Jackson - 7 worked his nuts off (which is more than Martin C does) given a run of games will do ok.

Holt 7 - bit in and out work rate topr drawer as usual

Hoolahan - 6 didnt do much when he came on

Mcnamme - 6 again didnt do a great deal, didnt get a lot of the ball

Wilbraham - 7 held up the ball well and bought in players

what i would say is that we were very lucky and Lambert got the tactis wrong by taking off Lappin and Fox as we lost the midfield and had no one to win the ball except crofts as the other 3 (lansbury, hoolahan and mcnamee) arent ball winners.

[quote user="paulo79"]Ruddy - 7 solid, couldn''t do much with the goal.

Jackson - 7 worked his nuts off (which is more than Martin C does) given a run of games will do ok.

what i would say is that we were very lucky and Lambert got the tactis wrong by taking off Lappin and Fox as we lost the midfield and had no one to win the ball except crofts as the other 3 (lansbury, hoolahan and mcnamee) arent ball winners.[/quote]Not sure where you got some of those ratings from, where you watching the same game as me?

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="paulo79"]Ruddy - 7 solid, couldn''t do much with the goal.

what i would say is that we were very lucky and Lambert got the tactis wrong by taking off Lappin and Fox as we lost the midfield and had no one to win the ball except crofts as the other 3 (lansbury, hoolahan and mcnamee) arent ball winners.[/quote]Not sure where you got some of those ratings from, where you watching the same game as me?[/quote]Were*

Ruddy - 7  - a couple of decent saves, flapped at a couple of crosses.
R.Martin - 6 - quiet game. was closed down well by Millwall and didn''t get forward that much.
Barnett - 7.5 - iffy spell distribution wise mid second half but does so much covering for others
Ward - 6 - did ok. Strong in the air but looked short on fitness at times.
Tierney - 6 - average.
Crofts - 7 - better game from Crofts I thought
Lappin - 4 - awful. Missed two great chances and did nothing.
Lansbury - 7 - some lovely touches and some spells when drifted out of the game. Kept fighting though and was up for it culminating in late goal.
Fox - 7 - thought was playing pretty well and unlucky to be taken off.
Holt - 6 - not on his game at the moment. Still a handful though.
Jackson - 5 - stated well then faded badly.

Hoolahan - 6 - didn''t get into it.
Wilbraham - 7 - did ok I thought. limited but can hold the ball up.
McNamee - 6 - nothing of note.

our are pretty much the same except for barnett who was pants last night his distribution was awful and he got lost in no mans land for the goal and should have stayed with the guy in the middle as tierney was getting back for the winger.

Ruddy 7 - not a lot to do, made a good save from Robinson in the first half who then got lucky with his goal in the second half.

Martin 6/7 - seem him play better than that, nothing really bad but just quite below his best/usual.

Barnett 7/8 - another very good defensive performance from him, wins so much and is very sensible in the way he defends and plays.

Ward 7/8 - taking into account that he hasn''t played for a few weeks I thought he did pretty well, got himself in the right place for the goal too.

Tierney 6 - an uninspiring debut but it''s early days for him and he''ll need time to get used to playing with his new colleagues.

Lansbury 7 - some flashes of quality early on in the game followed by a lot of mediocrity until he came up with 2 moments of class in the last 20mins.

Fox 6/7 - didn''t do a lot wrong to be fair and after his removal it appeared Millwall found it a lot easier to go through us.

Crofts 7 - a bit like Fox he didn''t really do a lot wrong but it was just one of those games where things weren''t coming together, kept battling.

Lappin 6 - first half was decent despite making a huge mess of his chances, second half he had quickly run out of steam and ideas.

Jackon 6/7 - started very sharp and lively but unfortunately we didn''t really carve out any good chances for him. Caused Millwall a few problems though.

Holt 6 - his general play was poor but he managed to just enough at the end to help get us the points.

Wilbraham 6/7 - looking sharper now, used the ball very sensibly and it was a great knock into Holt for the winner.

McNamee 5 - just didn''t really do anything (good or bad), at this stage it''s hard to see him being a Norwich player next season.

Hoolahan 6 - our first half performance looked like we were crying out for him but by the time he got on it looked like even his magic was going to struggle to bring our dull display into life. Did give us a few more ideas thoguh and gave Millwall something to worry about.

"macca about 3.5 for me, on the pitch half hour, and didnt even run!!"

Can''t say I would give him that. I could have ambled about the pitch and contributed as much as he did.

Ruddy - 7. Didn''t have to do much but was solid. No chance for the goal.

R Martin - 6. Was quite quiet last night, went missing for goal.

Barnett - 8. MOM. Has brilliant positional awareness.

Ward - 7. Solid, done well to get first goal for our club. Nelson who?

Tierney - 6. Started off shakey but grew in confidence.

Lansbury - 8. Oozes class.

Crofts - 7. Kept working all game.

Fox - 6. Subdued performance.

Lappin - 6. Had a very good first half but shooting is abysmal.

Jackson - 7.5. Frightened the life out of the Millwall defence, deserves run of games.

Holt - 5. Just my opinion and  I know he does a lot of work but was poor for me last night, although there was a moment where he tracked back and made a crucial tackle.

Hoolahan - 6. Got going in the last 10-15 minutes.

Wilbraham - 6. Held up the ball well to keep attacks going.

McNamee - 4. Felt sorry for him. Clearly has no confidence whatsoever but hopefully that will return.

Understandably I think the last minute winner is glossing over a pretty poor performance looking at some of these ratings.For me....Ruddy 7- Didnt have all that much to do, could do nothing about the goal, did well with crosses.Martin 5- Not his best- distribution was poor and didnt get up the line as muchWard 5- Would be lower without the goal but is understandable having been out for such a long time that he would be rustyBarnett 5- Looked unsettled at the change of partner and didnt pass it wellTierny 5- A back up for sure. Not as bold getting forward as Drury and seemed unsure at times. Settling into a new team though so understandable.Crofts 7- Everything good we did in the first half came from him. Got stuck in and used the ball well.Fox 5- Game passed him by.Lansbury 6- Funny old game football. If he hadnt hit a peach of a free kick and scored the winner I would have been giving him much lower. Passing was poor, looked lightweight and in my opinion lucky not be subbed. Luckilly for us he wasnt in the end.Lappin 5- Always looked for the ball, shame our early chances both fell to him.Jackson 5- Looked lively to begin with then faded. Oh and 1/10 for that shameful piece of diving.Holt 4- I can only imagine the pasting Chris Martin would have got if he had given the same performance. Had one of those games where he gave up trying to win headers and spent more time whinging to the ref about not getting freekicks. Made the odd gutbusting run to right back but not really what was needed. Held it up well for the second.SubsAaron Wibcantspellhissurname 7- Best of the subs, won more headers than Holt managed all game and was a pain in the backside.Wes 5- Never really got into it.MacNamee 4- Rubbish but I must say I feel a little sorry for him. Having him on the right made it piss easy for their full back, the game was so crowded inside the pitch that he never had a chance to cut in and his right foot is rubbish so going down the outside was never an option.Lambert 6- Could not understand dropping Wes, guessing Whitbred was not able to play another game which does beg the question why did we let Nelson AND Askou go. Fans 4- Considering how brightly we started the crowd failed to get behind the boys until the Jackson/Forde incident.

Ruddy - 7 - not sure why he got man of match.

Martin - 6 - Careless at times.

Ward - 7 - Looked lazy at times and lacked concentration.

Barnett - 8 - Lucky to have him. Reads game well.

Tierny - 6 - We missed Drury overlapping.

Fox - 6 - Didn''t have much influence on things.

Crofts 7 - Lacked decent touch at times, but was strong as usual.

Lansbury - 8 - My man of match. Had most influence on game.

Holt - 6 - Not his best performance by a long way. He lacks confidence in front of goal.

Jackson - 6 - Started well, but failed to build on this.

Subs:

Hoolahan - 6 - Relied upon too much. Gave the ball away a few times.

Wilbraham - 5 - Yet to see why we signed him. Didn''t have much affect on game.

McNamee - 5 - Wanted to see more pace but the Millwall left back played him well.