Sign in to follow this  
festagingermon

Jackson + 750k = Morison?

I must point out this is not a rumour i have heard, however i would certainly be in favour of it if Lambert could make something like this happen, seems a reasonable money + player deal for both clubs and Morison would certainly fit the bill for us right now, my fingers are crossed!

Jackson needs a run of games. When he got this earlier in the season he scored goals, and stats pointed out that at the time he had one of the best scoring to minutes on the pitch ratio. C.Martin has scored no more goals than Jackson and has started many more games, he may offer more in all round play, but I''m fed up of people giving Jackosn a hard time when our striker C.Martin starts nearly every game and has scored no more goals than Jackson

Jackson AND Chrissy are both quality strikers!! They both need the first team games and both need that goal to get their confidence back up and If the do I think the goals will start flowing from both of them.

I''m fed up of people knocking both of them!

Why get rid of Jackson? It seems to me he is the new scapegoat. Give Tevez 5 minutes a game and see how many goals he gets. Jackson hasn''t been given a chance yet so to say we swap our only real pacey striker for another big fella is stupid, why not swap him for Chrissy? Oh no can''t say that he is an academy product you know. [:@]

[quote user="festagingermon"]Where exactly did i give him a hard time! lol i never said jackson has done poorly for us i just feel this could be a good deal[/quote]

Why?

*sigh*In our current lineup it doesnt really favour little man or pace strikers.So Jackson will remain a impact player, although its obviously possible for small players to rough it ( just look at Wes) Jackson imho does not have the physical pressence to back up his play so will struggle until he really works on this side of the game.Im not gonna even talk about Chris Martin because Im bored of repeating myself

[quote user="festagingermon"]Where exactly did i give him a hard time! lol i never said jackson has done poorly for us i just feel this could be a good deal[/quote]

Ok well I just presumed that if you didn''t think Jackson was a poor player, you wouldn''t suggest giving him plus 750,000 to Millwall

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Why?

[/quote]

why not? He is not just a big lump that a lot of people seem to think he is, and my opinion that it COULD be a good deal is purely that, an opinion and beleive it or not most people have opinions and if they were all the same wouldn''t the world be a boring place, my intention was not to enrage people, i am not a jackson hater or anything of the sort, whilst he is a member of our squad i will support him

"Why get rid of Jackson? It seems to me he is the new scapegoat. Give Tevez 5 minutes a game and see how many goals he gets. Jackson hasn''t been given a chance yet so to say we swap our only real pacey striker for another big fella is stupid, why not swap him for Chrissy? Oh no can''t say that he is an academy product you know. [:@]"

couldn''t of put it better myself. I don''t want to criticise either of them, but the stick Jackson is getting is ridiculous, when as soon as someone criticises C.Martin the ''supper Chrissy brigade'' comes out to defend him

[img]http://london.jollypeople.com/files/2010/01/Chris+Martin+cmartin.jpg[/img]

SUPER SUPER CHRISSUPER SUPER CHRISSUPER SUPER  CHRISSUPER CHRISSY MARTIN !

Obviously nobody on this thread watched the Norfolk Senior Cup game the other night when Jackson was utter pants.I would bite the hand off anybody who wanted to take him off our hands.Lambert has made some terrific signings but £600K for Jackson was not his finest hour.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]canary_girl.....

Do you include the manager who continues to select him every game?[/quote]Mate, give it up :) its like banging your head on concerete with some people.To quote White Men Can''t Jump" You listen to Jimmy, but you can''t hear Jimmy"

[quote user="Gingerpele"]canary_girl..... Do you include the manager who continues to select him every game?[/quote]

include him in what exactly? I never actually criticised Martin, I think he will come good..just needs that confidence rebuilt, does this mean I will ignore Martin''s flaws and have a pop at Jackson at every opportunity? No

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]canary_girl..... Do you include the manager who continues to select him every game?[/quote]

Mate, give it up :) its like banging your head on concerete with some people.

To quote White Men Can''t Jump
" You listen to Jimmy, but you can''t hear Jimmy"
[/quote]

Oh do forgive me, I must be so silly to just defend a striker who scored the same amount of goals as another striker with less starts, yet I still have no issues with either of them, what a bad fan I am for not jumping on the Jackson is rubbish bandwagon

I would love to see Simeon get a good run in the side, unfortunately at this moment in time that''s only going to happen if there are a couple of injuries. I feel he has a big future with us. Also, remember he is only 23 years old so he is only going to get better, and we all know how well Lambert and co can get the very best out of our players and coach them.

Personally I don''t really want Morison here anyway, due to him being similar to what we already have, but it''s nice to see we are going after players of his calibre. I feel by the time Jacksons the same age as Morison is now he could well be playing in the top flight.

[quote user="canary_girl"]

Oh do forgive me, I must be so silly to just defend a striker who scored the same amount of goals as another striker with less starts, yet I still have no issues with either of them, what a bad fan I am for not jumping on the Jackson is rubbish bandwagon

[/quote]Don''t get all high and mighty over it, for christ sake. You obviously do have issues or you would not have taken something ambiguous to be aimed at yourself !As for [quote user="canary_girl"]bandwagons,[/quote] the only one I have jumped on is the[quote user="canary_girl"] ''supper Chrissy brigade''[/quote]Although I must admit I have not seen anyone talking about what Chris had for his tea !

[quote user="festagingermon"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Why?

[/quote] why not? He is not just a big lump that a lot of people seem to think he is, and my opinion that it COULD be a good deal is purely that, an opinion and beleive it or not most people have opinions and if they were all the same wouldn''t the world be a boring place, my intention was not to enrage people, i am not a jackson hater or anything of the sort, whilst he is a member of our squad i will support him[/quote]

Any chance you can get off your high horse for a moment and stop trying to be so patronising.

I asked a perfectly valid question as to why you think that deal would be good, and you came back with ''why not?''. No explanation as to paying £1.35m for Steve Morrison is better than having Jackson and trying to bring Bennett in, or what role Morrison would have in the team over Jackson. Instead, you had the audacity to read me the riot act about forum etiquette.[:^)][^o)]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="canary_girl"]

[/quote]

Don''t get all high and mighty over it, for christ sake. You obviously do have issues or you would not have taken something ambiguous to be aimed at yourself !

As for [quote user="canary_girl"]bandwagons,[/quote] the only one I have jumped on is the[quote user="canary_girl"] ''supper Chrissy brigade''[/quote]

Although I must admit I have not seen anyone talking about what Chris had for his tea !
[/quote]

is this some sort of misunderstanding? When someone quoted me and then you then quoted on that saying something along the lines of- ''its like banging your head against a concrete wall mate'' then I presumed it was aimed at me - if not then I apologise for the above. I honestly do like C.Martin, but also recognise Jackson''s qualities and think the level of criticism he is recieving is unjust - not saying you are part of this, is our rant over now? [:)]

This would be a terrible deal.

Let''s look at it this way. Jackson may not have scored many, but he''s got us a fair amount of points. To my mind, the goals he''s got have won us 9 points - not a bad contribution for a 3rd/4th choice striker.

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]canary_girl..... Do you include the manager who continues to select him every game?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say Jackson is rubbish, i just don''t understand, since all of us football experts on here think Chris Martin is crap... Yet Jackson never gets a game? even though he scored 3 in 5 starts, he was dropped, and has only ever played no more than 20 minuets in a row...

Can some please explain that?

It seems quite simple, ok its your right to not like Chris Martin, or think he''s not effective... but

MARTIN PLAYS, Jackson doesn''t...

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="canary_girl"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I didn''t say Jackson is rubbish, i just don''t understand, since all of us football experts on here think Chris Martin is crap... Yet Jackson never gets a game? even though he scored 3 in 5 starts, he was dropped, and has only ever played no more than 20 minuets in a row... Can some please explain that? It seems quite simple, ok its your right to not like Chris Martin, or think he''s not effective... but MARTIN PLAYS, Jackson doesn''t...[/quote]

I don''t think C.Martin is crap, nor do I think Jackson is crap. I just think Martin is probably more suited to our style of football at the minute

Sorry for silly quoting... (That was quoting Canary_girl again)

This isn''t trying to say Chris MArtin is wonderful, everyone must love him... But my point simply is, he is the striker (despite not scoring much/at all) getting the starts, and that is for a reason... Wether its because Jackson isn''t good enough, or because the way Martin plays benefits the team more than they way Jackson plays...

(I thought it was fairly obvious that with Jackson, something different needed to be done, he wasn''t really getting the service he needed....)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]PS I also missed your post on the bottom of the first page :P Which explains a lot.....[/quote]

lol I think I have a headache after all that, seems like we agree though

Martin links-up play better.

Jackson will (given the chances) score more goals.

However, at present we are based firmly on team-work, and thus a striker like Jackson is a bit of a luxury we can''t afford to start matches regularly. This is because he can often go ''missing'' in games, and this outweighs his ''ability to score at any time'' currentlyy.

Now, if we could find a goal-scorer who got involved in the game for 90 minutes, neither Martin or Jackson would be starting in my opinion. Alas, for now, Martin quite rightly is getting picked.

That''s the way I see it anyway. I think those who are ''writing off'' Jackson already are foolish in the extreme.