Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Play-offs at best!

That''s the best we can hope for. All the teams around us have strengthened their squads apart from us. Forest and QPR for the automatic promotion places and we will be lucky to stay in the play off hunt. Very dissapointting we didn''t sign a forward because we only have Holt who knows how to put the ball in the net. Going to be interesting to find out why we didn''t get anybody?

yes, i don''t think automatics are too unrealistic as we are second with our current squad. would like to see 3 loan signings now as this will give us a real boost. very disappointed but in lambert i trust but don''t understand why we havn''t signed anyone. i''m sure lambert tried :)

Trust Lambert so stop being pecimistic and get on we would have killed to be anywhere near the playoffs at the start of the season

[quote user="colneycanary"]That''s the best we can hope for. All the teams around us have strengthened their squads apart from us. Forest and QPR for the automatic promotion places and we will be lucky to stay in the play off hunt. Very dissapointting we didn''t sign a forward because we only have Holt who knows how to put the ball in the net. Going to be interesting to find out why we didn''t get anybody?[/quote]We did sign a forward, we just didn''t leave it until the last minute like everyone else. The same as last summer, when we signed about six players by June while everyone else was still on holiday. Lambert got what he wanted, but he wasn''t going to be held to ransom over Bennett. Look how well the current squad is playing for him - he won''t bring in new faces for the sake of it. Chances are, whether we go up or not, he''ll already be busy planning the ins and outs for the summer. I still genuinely believe Lambert can take us up with this squad - if it''s not strong enough, why are we in second place? Ward and Surman coming back from injury, Lansbury available for the season, Whitbread practically like a new signing for us... I simply cannot understand all the negativity.

[quote user="iViiPeRs v1"]Trust Lambert so stop being pecimistic and get on we would have killed to be anywhere near the playoffs at the start of the season [/quote]

But its not the start of the season is it, and the fact is we were joint 1st at the start of the season anyway or not ?

They really should have splashed a bit to get in a top striker.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="iViiPeRs v1"]Trust Lambert so stop being pecimistic and get on we would have killed to be anywhere near the playoffs at the start of the season [/quote]

But its not the start of the season is it, and the fact is we were joint 1st at the start of the season anyway or not ?

They really should have splashed a bit to get in a top striker.[/quote]We were also joint last at the start of the season. I think even an insanely optimistic Norwich fan would have settled for being in second place at the end of January.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="iViiPeRs v1"]Trust Lambert so stop being pecimistic and get on we would have killed to be anywhere near the playoffs at the start of the season
[/quote] But its not the start of the season is it, and the fact is we were joint 1st at the start of the season anyway or not ? They really should have splashed a bit to get in a top striker.[/quote]

wtf???

"They really should have splashed a bit to get in a top striker."

You don''t appear too bright, are you from suffolk perhaps ?

The deadline was NOT for us. It was for the Premier League. I cannot see how that is so complicated that even someone like you cannot grasp it.

The transfer window opens again on Feb 8th - it just gets called loans. Remember how we signed Barnett.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Not to bright ?

Give yourself a pat on the back mate.

I thought we had done the loan thing and prooved it dont work most of the time.

The deadline was for EVERYONE.[/quote]It doesn''t work if you do it like Roeder did it. Lansbury is clearly a class act, and if we bring in one big-name striker or loan it could still make a massive difference. If you end up with seven or eight loan players it disrupts the stability of the club, but we only have one. One more big loan signing would be a positive rather than a negative thing if the player is good enough.

In simple language

Clubs outside of the Premier League can sign players on loan between Feb 8th and March 24th

We used this to sign Barnett after the last deadline, we used this to sign Martin and McNamee after a previous deadline. All three signed for us.

Therefore from next Tuesday we can sign players again.

This dealine is NOT for non Premier League teams.

Is that clear enough ?

i cannot believe people are moaning! were they around when we got relegated to league 1 or are these the fair weather fans returning because we might get back into the premier league? Play-Off at best? At the start of the season many would have bitten your hand of for survival from relegation.

"For you its cristal for me it means the chance to sign permanent players is over till the summer"

Just how stupid are you ?

Just what part of the Barnett, Martin, McNamee ''loans to transfer'' do you not grasp ?

[quote user="City1st"]"For you its cristal for me it means the chance to sign permanent players is over till the summer"

Just what part of the Barnett, Martin, McNamee ''loans to transfer'' do you not grasp ?[/quote]

How stupid are you ?

Two completely different types of option on a player.

why dont you STFU, your boring me now you arogant c**t.

I have tried to hold off insulting you, but you just come over as some clever little dick shouting your mouth off left right and centre.

Dont you have school in the morning or something ?

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="City1st"]"For you its cristal for me it means the chance to sign permanent players is over till the summer"

Just what part of the Barnett, Martin, McNamee ''loans to transfer'' do you not grasp ?[/quote]

How stupid are you ?

I have tried to hold off insulting you, but you just come over as some clever little dick shouting your mouth off left right and centre.

Dont you have school in the morning or something ?[/quote]Okay, hang on, maybe someone can clear this little mess up.After February 8 we can loan in players again, ''with a view to a permanent transfer''. Does this mean that the paperwork is already signed and sealed, and neither club can renege on it, or is it merely a gentleman''s agreement? For example, say Bennett joins on loan on February 8, ''with a view to a permanent transfer''. We agree a fee with Brighton. Do we actually agree personal terms with Bennett at that point, sign the contract, and then he automatically becomes an NCFC player when the transfer window reopens? Or is it that both clubs accept the player wants to make the move, and the ''view'' simply means that we try to thrash out a deal in the summer? In that case, imagine Bennett is incredible for us on loan, plays like a World Cup winner - do Brighton then have the right to hold out for a vastly inflated fee as part of their ''view'' of the permanent transfer?I think this is how this has escalated into such a s**tfight, and I''m sure I''m not the only one who''s not 100% sure of the answer to the above.

[quote user="the1englishman"]I thought we had done the loan thing and prooved it dont work most of the time.[/quote]I dunno, Huckerby and Crouch worked out OK.Forster last season was class too.The key is quality over quantity.

Absolutely, Herb. Loan signings can be of great help. The problem was with Gunn/Roeder, they brought in so many it simply didn''t allow for a team to be built up.

How any Norwich fan can use the word disappointed is beyond me!

Last season we were in League One!

We still have one of the best managers in the club''s history standing on our touchline.

We still have our best players - Hoolahan, Holt, Martinx2, Crofts, Barnett & Surman despite a transfer window.

We sit in the top 6 and have done so all season.

We did not urgently need Bennet - we have Lansbury, Surman, Crofts, Fox, Hoolahan, Lappin, Korey and Lappin in midfield. We now have that huge sum of money in the kitty for the summer.

The one area we may well need strengthening is upfront but our current squad has lifted us into 2nd place (okay that won''t last long! But still ...).

WHAT STRIKER DO THESE MOANERS THINK WE SHOULD/COULD HAVE SIGNED? Name names please.

The transfer window frenzy is exciting with all the rumours and last minute drama but it shouldn''t make people criticise the club if no last day deals are made (we already signed up Lansbury, Tierney, Wilbraham & Barnett this month)

Nelson had to go because he wanted games at this stae of his career. It''s selfish of Norwich fans to want him to just sit here on the bench - thank him for the service and wish him luck for the future.

... now, there''s a match today isn''t there?

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]How any Norwich fan can use the word disappointed is beyond me!

Last season we were in League One!

We still have one of the best managers in the club''s history standing on our touchline.

We still have our best players - Hoolahan, Holt, Martinx2, Crofts, Barnett & Surman despite a transfer window.

We sit in the top 6 and have done so all season.

We did not urgently need Bennet - we have Lansbury, Surman, Crofts, Fox, Hoolahan, Lappin, Korey and Lappin in midfield. We now have that huge sum of money in the kitty for the summer.

The one area we may well need strengthening is upfront but our current squad has lifted us into 2nd place (okay that won''t last long! But still ...).

WHAT STRIKER DO THESE MOANERS THINK WE SHOULD/COULD HAVE SIGNED? Name names please.

The transfer window frenzy is exciting with all the rumours and last minute drama but it shouldn''t make people criticise the club if no last day deals are made (we already signed up Lansbury, Tierney, Wilbraham & Barnett this month)

Nelson had to go because he wanted games at this stae of his career. It''s selfish of Norwich fans to want him to just sit here on the bench - thank him for the service and wish him luck for the future.

... now, there''s a match today isn''t there?[/quote]

*clap clap clap*

Could not have put it much better myself mate !

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="City1st"]"For you its cristal for me it means the chance to sign permanent players is over till the summer"

How stupid are you ?

Dont you have school in the morning or something ?[/quote]Okay, hang on, maybe someone can clear this little mess up.After February 8 we can loan in players again, ''with a view to a permanent transfer''. Does this mean that the paperwork is already signed and sealed, and neither club can renege on it, or is it merely a gentleman''s agreement? For example, say Bennett joins on loan on February 8, ''with a view to a permanent transfer''. We agree a fee with Brighton. Do we actually agree personal terms with Bennett at that point, sign the contract, and then he automatically becomes an NCFC player when the transfer window reopens? Or is it that both clubs accept the player wants to make the move, and the ''view'' simply means that we try to thrash out a deal in the summer? In that case, imagine Bennett is incredible for us on loan, plays like a World Cup winner - do Brighton then have the right to hold out for a vastly inflated fee as part of their ''view'' of the permanent transfer?I think this is how this has escalated into such a s**tfight, and I''m sure I''m not the only one who''s not 100% sure of the answer to the above.[/quote]Bump - does anyone know the answer to this?

The way it was explained to me is that the paperwork is all agreed and signed and lodged with the relevant authorities as a bolt on to the loan deal.All player wages etc are then taken up by the club as if a permanant signing but the permanant contract is post dated until the relevent time but is still legally bindind and cannot be changed after the date of signing.

I reckon this thread is just trying to replicate Spainboy''s 2nd at best thread which then saw us sweep to the title. Its got to be good luck!

Yes, we are in a great position and all of us feel great about that. But we''re also entitled to feel disappointed at the lack of transfer activity. Yes Barnett has signed on, but that is not an actual gain as he was here before, and now that Nelson has left, defensively we''re weaker than before the window opened. Yes Tierney has come in, but only to replace Smith. The net gain then is Wilbraham, who I hope will improve as he settles in (signs of that already). There is also Lansbury on loan, and we have yet to see how that will go.

IMO, this doesn''t amount to ''going for it'' and I think fans are entitled to be disappointed, but we still have everything to go for so let''s get behind the team tonight. OTBC!